Badger5Chris Nott
    Turbo is the only way....

Status

Carbon Fibre B Pillar.... problems with removal

Guys,

Does anyone know how to remove the B pillar covers? I want to install the Carbon Fiber ones from OSIR but I have no idea how to remove the old ones and I don't want to break anything...

It seem like that there is a plastic cover on the bottom of the metal cover but I am afraid to pry that off... any one with the experience of doing this?

BTW I have a 5dr Sportsback.

Thanks in advance!
    A3 2.0T Sportback DSG.

Engine / Trans:
    K04, Unitronic Stg II+ & DSG Stg II, S3 Injectors and Intercooler, APR F/Pump. BSH Intake, Forge DV, Oettinger Turbo Outlet, Eurojet throttle pipe, Milltek TBE. SP Meth Injection.

Brakes and Suspension:
    Brembo 6 pot w/ 345mm slotted disks, TT front suspension, HPA Coliovers, OZ Palladio, 225/40/18 BS RE001

Others:
    S3 Front, Pedals, & Mirrors, 09 SB Skirts & LED Rear Lights, Original HID retrofit, Oettinger Roof Spoiler. Defi Turbo Guage, FBMFSW

2. # ADS
    ADS

Boydie
    Pry away I'd say - more than likely clipped in but remove the inside trim from behind the pillar and see if there are any screws

or, if you have the OSIR ones there, check to see how they would be attached and work it out!

5th Gear

Status
    Are they not riveted in?

Turbo is the only way....

Status
    Thanks Boydie... I did not get the OSIR ones eventually and I went the cheap route (blame this on the bad economy) of using a "faux" carbon cover sheet but with amazing results... More pics later...
    A3 2.0T Sportback DSG.

Engine / Trans:
    K04, Unitronic Stg II+ & DSG Stg II, S3 Injectors and Intercooler, APR F/Pump. BSH Intake, Forge DV, Oettinger Turbo Outlet, Eurojet throttle pipe, Milltek TBE. SP Meth Injection.

Brakes and Suspension:
    Brembo 6 pot w/ 345mm slotted disks, TT front suspension, HPA Coliovers, OZ Palladio, 225/40/18 BS RE001

Others:
    S3 Front, Pedals, & Mirrors, 09 SB Skirts & LED Rear Lights, Original HID retrofit, Oettinger Roof Spoiler. Defi Turbo Guage, FBMFSW

Reverse Gear

Status
    any pictures yet? i was thinking about using a sheet as well for mine.