Coolant message

KARL

Reaction score
Bear with me, I'm a bit of a noob...

Today I got the message "add coolant" on the dash of my 07 S3. The temp gauge is running at normal temperature - are the two unconnected?

I had the thing serviced for the 1st time a week or so ago for some ridiculous fee, surely these things get topped up then?

What do I need to buy, where from and why is it telling me to add coolant if the engine temp is normal?

ty

Karl

Have you checked the level?

Mine was low when it flashed up. Ran fine, gave no indication that anything was wrong apart from the warning. I rang Audi as it says in the handbook to do so as could be a leak and all they said was top it up and keep an eye on it for the next week and if it loses anymore they will give it a check over.

There was a post on here the other day about someone who had this message yet their coolant level was fine so suspected a faulty sensor.

You can get pre-mixed coolant from Halfords. I guess Audi will probably sell it aswell

i had the same coolant message a week or so ago my coolant was perfectly fine on the max ,it never loses any coolant, and only had the message twice on 2 consecutive mornings when the car first started on a cold morning have not had it since

You don`t want to use halfords or any other stuff but get your self a bottle of VAG coolant it`s called G12+ and you can get it from any Audi, VW, Seat or Skoda garage.
Your carhas warranty so take it to stealers and get it checked imediatelly.

Took it into the garage to have it checked, turns out i've had rats getting under the bonnet and gnawing through all the wiring. I keep my car in an underground car park :(