New S3, Two days later no S3!!!!!

harvey183

Reaction score
Hi all haven't posted on here before but have been a member for a little while,

Picked my new sprint blue facelift S3 up on friday 24th oct, after only few hours of driving went to turn the headlights on (they had been on already) and the dip and main beam went out on drivers side. Went back to audi the next morning and they said it wasn't the bulb and that it was either the headlight unit or the control module. So the parts were put on order, due in tuesday.

Over the weekend I found some more problems

* Wipers won't go into service mode
* Both front headlights and fog lights condensated up on the inside after driving in the rain
* Gear slector decal on top of gear stick not on straight
* Both front heated seats heat up then lose temperture (They do not hold there temperture like my old 3.2)
* Speach comand, whenever I say "store" it just repeats "*4" back to me (time after time)

So I then get a phone call Tuesday to say the parts for the headlight have gone on back order 7-10 days wait!
So I now have an A4 Avant as there is no point having a car with one headlight this time of year now is there! so dosen't look like I will get it back for another week!

Just intrested in your views and weather you guys think I should be asking Audi for something in return for all this trouble?! :uhm::s3addict:

Errr. Weird that, must be an underlying electrical problem.

Will get sorted i'm sure

kinda takes the joy out of your new toy :(

I'd see how they get on with the repairs, if everything is sorted satisfactory then I'd just chalk it down to 'settling' gremlins but if it drags on I might be inclined to persue.

On a slightly related note, my fog lights seem to err fog up too. Has anybody else had this and rectified it? IIRC, I remember that the old S3 xenons used to sometimes fog up but according to Audi this was acceptable due to the construction...

Maybe I'm just being fussy? but I think things should be right when you spend that much money, I could understand if I'd bought a Kia or something? lol

* Speach comand, whenever I say "store" it just repeats "*4" back to me (time after time)

Mine does that! I put it down to Audi's speech thing not understanding my northern accent! I gave up in the end and I've never used it since, I just downloaded the contacts off my phone.

Over 50mph my cars speech recognition is poor and I have an incredibly flat esturine english accent with no lilt or localised tinge. It's just the nature of the beast.

Best of luck getting your issues sorted. I'l love to tell you Audi will give you something for all that money spent, but from experience just be glad if you get your car back working!

Mine does that! I put it down to Audi's speech thing not understanding my northern accent! I gave up in the end and I've never used it since, I just downloaded the contacts off my phone.

Use the word SAVE instead, much more reliable

sounds like you got a monday morning car.

The wipers and lights run off the same controller so it could be that there is a fault in that somewhere. Not sure if you saw the recent posts about HID upgrades blowing the wiper motor - but, again, that's because they are on the same controller.

Yeah, I'd be a bit gutted and I would be asking what theya re going to do to keep you sweet - has to be worth a shot.
£30k's worth of car, back for 2 weeks after a few days.... they need to make you happy again.

I'm sure they will get to the root of the problem though and you'll be smiling again soon

Thanks for all you replys guys!

just for the record, when I was trying to store the speach thing I was sitting in my drive, but will try "save" when I get it back.

Does anyone have any views on the heated seats because they get hot and then go pretty much cold, in my old 3.2 they used to get hot and stay hot?

Lol it does make you wonder what Audi think at times about their custmers & who actually pdi's their cars. Mine "only" had bodywork issues (covered up scratches, stone chips, covered up marks, excessive swirls etc on a brand new car) , but not what I expect on a £30K car and I found their attitude sucked until I got a manager out of the office and told him it was unacceptable and I wanted to reject the car.

Hope you get it all sorted and make sure you document every little problem with the car however tiny and then make them sign to say they will fix it.

PS I asked for the equivalant car while mine was been fixed - and got it !
Richard

L60N, i'm liking the subtle mods to your motor. Discreet and stylish. I'd love it if that was announced as the RS3 lol

Anyway the issues with your new motor do suck big time. If they get it done ASAP and keep you sweet then fair enough but the last thing you want is a dog with reaccuring problems, in and out of the workshop. Also i can't forgive tiny details which make all the difference like badges not put on straight...Thats just rubbish work by people who can't be *****.

hi all, spoke to audi today parts for headlight SHOULD be in tuesday, so should have it back wensday. The dippy woman told me they had not yet tested the headlights for condesation and that they would test them when they had fixed the faulty headlight, so I said why don't you test them now so you can order any parts as needed? so I won't have to come back again, Urmm Hello!!!! have they not got any common sense!!!:wacko:

No common sense....welcome to Audi!!! LOL

Sorry to hear of the issue you are having, let us know how you get on and hope you get it all sorted..

* Both front headlights and fog lights condensated up on the inside after driving in the rain

I've noticed condensation in one of my headlights too, also after driving in the rain.

Got the same problem with the 'store' command though mine says '*8' back to me. I'll be trying the 'save' command tomorrow hope it works but it isn't listed in the handbook.

Hope this works as the contacts on my iphone will now not upload to the
phone book in the car...

:banghead:

I have the same problen, I've got a nokis N95 and my contacts won't transfer onto the sat nav either! so annoying!:aggressive:

The N95 is a Nokia thing, you need a Nokia program installed. I've got it on my website of you can't find it.

Had another go at getting names into the on board phone book on sunday and managed to do it by leaving a pause after finishing entering the number and then using the 'store' command.

After a few previous attempts which ended in frustration it worked first time

Cheers for the tip mate will def give it a try, should get it back tomorrow! whoohoo!:)