Golf R32 Calipers vs Audi 3.2 V6 Calipers - Which ones ?

kaz219

Reaction score
Hi guys.

Right, I've got the option of going for both of these calipers but which ones do i go for.

The A3's are just the front calipers complete (discs, carriers, etc) (just need pads). - £200ish (probs a bit cheaper)

The R32 are front and back calipers, blue, complete with almost brand new discs and new pads - £250.

1) Which ones the better option and which ones the better caliper? (or are they same) - i know i can sell the rear ones on the R32 as they wont fit my A3.

2) Can i not make the rear R32 calipers fit (as then i have blue calipers all round).

Cheers :D

Go for the R32 kit, you can have the carriers and calipers powdercoated to whatever colour you wish pretty cheaply

The R32 front is the same as the 3.2 front (and the 8p S3).. Just a different colour, the R32 rear IIRC is the same as the S3 also..

£250 is a good price for that.. The only other thing you will need is the R32 brake lines for the front, not sure about the rear.. But they will be pretty cheap from VW or Audi if you get the 3.2 lines..

Good luck!

Jonny

Cheers matey :D I'm going to try for them tommorrow then.

So will the rears fit, as on a previous thread, i was told they wont as mine isnt a quattro?

How much roughly for the powder coating?

Cheers

Well I would prefer that you confirm it first before just taking my word for it but im pretty sure they will work on the rear too..

Powder coating shouldn't be any more than £120 for the lot, but if you want to do it cheaply you could just get some good quality caliper paint.. Or leave them blue!! :)

the R32, S3 & 3.2 calipers discs are all functionally the same, I also enquired & spoke directly to ATE in germany who make them all, same discs, pads, piston size for calipers, the S3 ones are just purely an asthetic difference from the front view, I have a set of 3.2's to fit to my A3 but expected S3 so thats why I investigated differences to which I was told virtually no differences, so kept the 3.2's as would get the same effect

Reactions: Paul Bass
Well I would prefer that you confirm it first before just taking my word for it but im pretty sure they will work on the rear too..

Powder coating shouldn't be any more than £120 for the lot, but if you want to do it cheaply you could just get some good quality caliper paint.. Or leave them blue!! :)

Cheers matey...if the rears fit, might just leave them blue :D

My mates got a black r32 with blue calipers and looks sweet :p

the R32, S3 & 3.2 calipers discs are all functionally the same, I also enquired & spoke directly to ATE in germany who make them all, same discs, pads, piston size for calipers, the S3 ones are just purely an asthetic difference from the front view, I have a set of 3.2's to fit to my A3 but expected S3 so thats why I investigated differences to which I was told virtually no differences, so kept the 3.2's as would get the same effect

Cheers matey...thanks for clearing that up :D

Now, Just need to find out if the rear R32 calipers fit ???

Anyone know ??

If i remember correctly you are right in saying the quattro rears are different to the fwd alternatives.

If i remember correctly you are right in saying the quattro rears are different to the fwd alternatives.

It was in another thread, someone said the rears wont fit due to the quattro set up.

I'm going to try and buy them anyways but just want to know before hand :D

Whooo...jsut bought 4 R32 calipers in blue :D

Got everything (calipers, carriers, discs, heat sheilds) minus the four screws which hold the carriers on, one heat sheild (which should be cheap enough) and I'm going to put new pads on.

Getting soem pics now :D

Only a quick pic on my fone :D

Really dirty too...

Wish i had a sprint blue colour then these would look perfect but I'm going to powdercoat them soon (either RED or Black with the S3 badge) :D

r322.jpg