New Member and turbulent first month of ownership!

Paul_c

Reaction score
Hi, I’ve been browsing the site for a few weeks now so thought it best to introduce myself!!
I’ve purchased an ’05 Sportback 1.9TDi Sport at the beginning of September and have been loving ownership especially the improvement in fuel economy over the 2.5TDi Quattro A4 I traded in!

I’ve attached a picture taken after I spent 8 hours detailing with Meguiars Clay and the Deep Crystal 3 Step System. :cool:

web1.jpg

So as it would appear things were sweet until the airbag light came on, I noticed a creaking noise from the steering when turning left… and then what I believed already to be a noisy engine started to become noisier! 38k miles when I bought it, full Audi history, excellent shape inside and out. Basically it sounded a bit tappety but I was aware the PD engine is noisy so just ignored it.
Anyway fast forwarding to last week I booked it in for Audi to investigate… Information from here suggested the steering rack would need replacing so it came as no surprise that this was the diagnosis. As for the noise on the engine though, this came as a shock…. a low oil pressure problem due to an unknown blockage in the engine meant it needed to be replaced!! :ohmy:
Got her back from Audi yesterday with a new steering rack and a new engine!! (oh and a fair few light scratches over the bonnet off the 17 year old car washer!! :sadlike:
)
The new engine feels so smooth and is a lot quieter I’m one happy guy because it was all under warranty! Phew!! :yes:

Welcome to the site Paul. Car looks great. Glad you got the problem sorted.

When you booked the car in didn't they ask you if you wanted it washed or not?

Nice car always liked sbacks, glad they sorted & new engine, cool man, ok mapping time, lol, but as for scratches, go complain mate as thats not on, they did this to my car in brighton audi when they were building & covered in brick dust & then washed it, typical numnuts not thinking.

Mate, thats a happy ending and wow, you need to be proud of that finish dude, i can see my face in in on my computer screen! :o.k:

Thanks for the comments guys!

I did specifically state 'don't wash my car... please'. It is annoying but never mind though, they'll come out with abit albow grease! I will mention it next time i'm up there but they've been so helpful whilst the car has been in with them. They have been chasing Stratstone Jaguar, the garage i bought the car from, for the warranty claim!
Just over 5k for the final bill! :faint:

NHN: I am very tempted with the mapping as she's only the 105bhp model- 140bhp would be nice!! lol!

To be honest i'm almost decided on a wheel upgrade to 18" RS6 Replica's. The only thing putting me off is the uncertainty of the 45 offset!?
L6ON: couldn't resist another picture of my bonet for you! :rock:

megs.jpg

Paul - welcome along mate. Nice looking car - when you get a mo, fancy having a go at mine :happy:.

Glad the engine was a warranty - not a nice first Audi bill!

woah, yeah... thats some clear panels! Nice! Good to hear everythings sorted too.

Good happy end to the story - glad you got sorted.
Black is a nightmare to keep looking good, but boy is that an awesome finish! Good work!!

It was hard work and it is a mission keeping her clean, but it's well worth the time and patients when you get complements like these.. thanks again! :icon_thumright:

Wow , what a cracking finnish
That looks so sweet

I am glad to hear that all went well for you , I would look at getting a thousand miles on the clock with the new engine before you map it though

It is nice to hear some good stories when it comes to warranty , did they tell you what was the blockage?

:ermm: you know if you get bored one day , let me know and I can bring round a very small little Fabia that could do with a clean to that finnish ;)

Well done , cracking car
Sarah