White Lights needed and Fog light warning on DIS

Stevie C

Stevie C
Reaction score
Ok, some of you have read the 'A6 DRL retrofit installed thread' Like Lee (Von Maximo) i have just done the Mod too but have a few issues.

1. My sight lights and main beam seem almost yellow compared to the DRLs, Without going down the HID route does anyone now of Quality bulbs that would give a bright white light ( was thinking about night breakers for headlights but this doesnt solve the side light issue).

2. After wiring up the DRLs and taking the feed from the original fog light i still get the Bulb out warning on DIS for both right and left fogs. Is there a way of switching the warning off using VAG COM with out losing the live feed too or does anyone know another way of fooling the DIS?

Any ideas would be welcomed.

Love the mod, hope you get the answers you need. Do you mind giving me a rough estimate of how much it cost for this mod?

Cheers, and love the car btw! Don't you get hassle over the plate though?

The Lights and fittings were just short of £200 thats for the DRLs, PWM, Mesh and other bits.

As for the plate, i have had it for two years and wasnt stopped in that time up until 2 weeks ago... have been pulled twice since then though :-( Nightmare!!! they must be on a clamp down either that or there are not enough hoodies on street corners for them to meet their stats!!!!

Thanks for the info i will check out the bulb wattage and get some ordered.