help with a3 wheels

t3zza36

Reaction score
hi all, i have a3 not long had it so first flat i get i try to take wheel off and it is stuck solid i mean real solid made me think the hub nut was somehow holding it on, i also tried the adjacent wheel and just the same there, anyone got any suggestions?:crying:

No seriously L60N's not wrong. I had to kick the sh*t out of mine to get them off first time. Just brute force matey.

hi all, i have a3 not long had it so first flat i get i try to take wheel off and it is stuck solid i mean real solid made me think the hub nut was somehow holding it on, i also tried the adjacent wheel and just the same there, anyone got any suggestions?:crying:

Fraid so wood and hammer required :o.k: Alloy and steel dont mix to well well when road salt kicks in.

Refit with some copper slip grease on the spigots :o.k:

yeah they are prone to getting stuck on the spigot

please make sure you have the car on suitable axle stands

do not try and do this on the joke side jack it will end in tears !

I second the suggestion of applying copper slip! At least with steel wheel you can get away with a copper mallet!

And careful that when it does come off that 1. It doesn't just fall onto the disc brake etc or...2. Come off unexpectedly while you're pulling at it causing you to skittle into a wall in a comedy fashion (like me)

ok thnx for replies guyz, so i will use guide pin and force it off with wood block and hammer.:beerchug:

If you damage it blame L60N.

hi guys jus removed flat with rubber mallet , took some welly tho, i fitted another f1 there was screw stuck in old one.

When it finally come off did you get a nice warm feeling inside?

I think every man does when having to purposefully knock the crap out of something! :)

I remember one sticking on my wifes Seat Arosa, i thought it was going to jump off the axle stand when smacking it, the little Arosa is only a lightweight!