She's here...

P

PaulMc

A few quick pics of my newly delivered S3. It was raining and I had been out in the car already at this stage ;) I'll get better pics done and posted on here at a later date.

IMG_0390-1.jpg

IMG_0389-1.jpg

I think the photos speak for themselves....Looks lovely mate congrats. Wheels look great too. Would like to see what they'd look like with a white pinstripe around the rim.

Very nice Paul, may the force be with you :thumbsup: :)

P.S. I like your wheels VERY much !

Thanks guys. That stainless steel lip is removable (not sure how easy though) It acts as a protector that can be replaced and not just for show. I guess you could take this off and get it painted whatever colour you want.

No need to paint it Paul... You get rim tape applied so i think it's a totally reversible process if you changed your mind. Anyway i'm being picky....The car looks superb lol

:wub: :drool: I really want those wheels!! They looked awesome on Safs car too!

So Paul, when can we expect to see a full report with comparisons between this and your last car??

You dont get off that easily you know :)

Car looks GREAT! Love the white and black...And the bbs alloys and optic grill make it look mean. Enjoy the car :)
Ashley

What size are your wheels ?

She looks STUNNING>>>:drool:

Alex, they are 19" alloy. 19x8 with 225/35 19 Goodyear Asymmetricals. They sit really well, not sure if the facelift has differnt suspension geo, but not sure if lowering or spacers would add much. We'll see ;)

The lights are the standard.

Thanks all. I must say I am quite smitten with the car. Looks even better in the flesh!

I think the H&R springs wiould finish it off perfectly mate - 25mm drop, not dragging on the floor, but a little more purpose.... I have them on mine and they are a good spring mate.
Just looked at the pics again - your car looks mint mate, it really does!

No, thank you Philip ;) Great service and very, very pleased with the look. Makes the car look soooo much more agressive and purposeful. Constantly having admiring glances on the roads from passers by. The black privacy glass and optics were a good choice.

What can i say....looks stunning. Best color ever for me :)

MORE PHOTOS !!!!!!!!!!!!!! dooo it :)

Again, thanks for all the comments.
Alex, I'll get some more pics up in a few days. :salute:

The bolts supplied by BBS are not black for these black edition CH, odd I know, has anyone got a quick fix for this with either covers or a black bolt supplier?

Mate get sum more pics up pleasseeee

Lol. Will do Alex. Been away on business and just got back. Haven't had the car out of the garage for a week :3sadwalk:

Will try and take some more photos in the next few days for you.

Lol. Will do Laex. Been away on business and just got back. Haven't had the car out of the garage for a week :3sadwalk:

Will try and take some more photos in the next few days for you.

I feel bad for dragging this thread up about 6 months after the last post!
I'm still in 2 minds whether to go for an Ibis White or Sprint Blue S3 - and really want black / graphite wheels on it! Paul - can you tell me if your car in the pic at the top has standard suspension? I'm in 2 minds with 18's or 19's - and I was scared I'd HAVE to drop the suspension with 19's... but yours looks great!

Stunning looking car with the black wheels - and certainly putting white in favour for me just now!!!

I haven't altered the suspension and surprised that it looks okay, no worse than standard with the bigger wheels and thinner rubber.

However, now having done a few thousand miles in her and starting to 'press on' in certain situations I find the suspension lacking and not firming up as I would want or am used to. It's quite a good and well damped ride when driving normally but when you start to lean on the chassis and suspension, it doesn't offer the initial control you'd expect. I am there for going to change the springs to H&R and see what that does, then if I need to I'll progress with ARB's and/or bushes and a geometry setup.

p3eps, I actually think a sprint blue S3 with the black CH's in 19 would look really good too.