R32 Brakes

Cali

Reaction score
Website
audi-sport.net
I have a A3 2.0 TDI (140) Quattro (55 plate) and I have been offered the brakes off a rolled R32. Will they fit and is it worth doing if they do fit. Do I need to do front and rear or just the front. What do I need - is it the carriers and the disc or more?

I don't know what is on mine (as I haven't picked it up yet - Tuesday)

I did upgade mine on my A4 Quattro Turbo from 288mm to 312mm but this was fairly simple as it was just swapping the caliper carriers.

Cheers

My friend bought brake kit from R32 to his Leon FR, after testing it's huge difrence betwen old breaks and those from R32!

Its a straight swap but if you are still with 17in wheels I am not sure if it will clear the calipers. If you have 18s then there is be no problem with clearances.

You will feel massive difference just with the fronts but since your car is a quattro you can also get the rears as well if you have extra cash. I would go for just the fronts and spend the $$ somewhere else.

Hope this helps...

yeah I have a set of a3 3.2 brakes that are the same 345mm fronts as the R32 & the S3 & they are supposed to be straight swap, you'll need the the whole front setup, caliper carriers, calipers & discs/pads & dont forget the dust covers as these are different also aswell as all bolts etc, I might fit tomorrow actually if weather is any better than today, freezing my **** of.