JMB RetrofitsVolks Autos

Thread: Wiring Harness

Reverse Gear

Status

Wiring Harness

Hi, was just wondering if anybody knows if there is a wiring harness to fit a 2009 A3 (none Bose) that is compatable with the steering wheel controls. So I can fit an aftermarket stereo (Sony MEX-BT5100). I have the facia panel and the aerial adaptor as I had the stereo fitted to a 2004 A3 so It's just the wiring harness I require. The one I used for the 2004 model is not compatable plus it didn't have steering wheel controls.
    I have emailed the company I bought the stereo from but have had no reply.
    Cheers
    Audi S3 Black edition

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    as far as i understand the wheel controls are handled by a CAN signal so you'd need some sort of magic box to do a conversion and i don't believe such a thing exists

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    closest thing that I've heard of which intervenes with can signals is the CANGATE but this does also rely on the receiving units from cangate to use can signals so doubt work for this, but limited knowledge of this product & PetrolDave is best for that as he's used for his PTT button on RS4 as FBMFSW doesnt have this for SDS so used signal from dash button to cangate which then relayed onto canbus for rns SDS features

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK