Boot wont close!

Lee_R

Reaction score
So i've had my A3 only 1 week and already there is a problem! The boot wont close properly!

It takes 5 or 6 attempts to get it to shut, it sort of bounces back off the catch if you know what i mean? I really have to slam it hard and i dont fancy doing that all the time as i might break something

Anyone know anything about this, maybe a known problem?

Thanks

Yes sounds like the catch has moved slightly,you just need a torx head bit to undo the bolts and adjust the catch outwards towards the back of the car.

ok cool, i'll have a go tomorrow....If I can find my Torx bits!

Nope its 4 years old, the extra 1 year "approved used Audi" warranty ran out 2 months ago!

Used to happen to me everytime I had a body in the boot.
I had to stop killing fat people in the end.
Boot works fine now.

Cheers
Paul

when you touch the microswitch on boot lid do you hear the click/action ok everytime? Just checking all possibilities, does it bounce back up when closing, is the locking hook closing ok with your hand so lift the lid & pull the hook over in the lock manually & check its actually working then press microswitch to see if it releases ok.

So i've had my A3 only 1 week and already there is a problem! The boot wont close properly!

It takes 5 or 6 attempts to get it to shut, it sort of bounces back off the catch if you know what i mean? I really have to slam it hard and i dont fancy doing that all the time as i might break something

Anyone know anything about this, maybe a known problem?

Thanks

Yup,had the same problem on my 1.8T sport,the dealers replaced something,but i can't remember what. ****** annoying,isn't it?

....hmmm,that was helpful!

I know it’s an old thread but I am having the same problem, if I close it slow and softly it closes okay, but if someone else closes it, it just bounces open

I know it’s an old thread but I am having the same problem, if I close it slow and softly it closes okay, but if someone else closes it, it just bounces open
I get the same problem with my S3 8P and i have always wondered if the problem lies where the little catch catches the bracket on the base off the boot or if that part needs replaced or adjusted . Just never looked deeper into it

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk