Do you get a full set of mats when buying a new A3?

Sem

Reaction score
I was just wondering if I can expect my new A3 to have a set of carpet mats when I go to collect her? If they do come with mats then is there a choice of black or grey piping?

I just need to know exactly what I should be getting so I can kick off if there's anything missing :D

I thought it said in the brochure that they come with mats (S-line models, anyway).

I'll have a check.

Sem

In the brochure it says (on the S-line page) "Floor mats with black or silver stitching" under "Interior equipment"

Dave.

My old S-Line came with front floor mats only. They were plain charcoal all over. My be different for the facelift though.

I have been informed that my S3 will be delivered with mats now whereas they used to be options. Again, I have been toold you can upgrade a mat set, but most new audis now come with mats as standard. Even BMW are now doing this where as it was an £85ish option.

I have been informed that my S3 will be delivered with mats now whereas they used to be options. Again, I have been toold you can upgrade a mat set, but most new audis now come with mats as standard. Even BMW are now doing this where as it was an £85ish option.

S3s always came with a full set of mats as far as I know. S-Lines didn't however and there was an option on the list to spec rear mats.

It always seemed silly to me that they make a car with the fittings for rear mats but they don't provide them with the car!

the previous owner of my car had a full set of rubber mats (front n back) but audi still stuck a new set of original mats in under the rubber 1s :D

According to the current (October 2008) Price and Specification Guide all
models come with Front and Rear mats.

S-Line models come with "Floor mats with black or silver stitching" and S3 models come with "Front and Rear floor mats with Silver edging"

both my a3s did - not sure if they are standard or not, but I'd suspect the dealers may confiscate them. i know of one dealer over here who removes the nice mats with the VW logo on them and replaces them with garage branded ones which just have the garage name stitched into them. i'm sure someone is making a few quid out of it.

both my a3s did - not sure if they are standard or not, but I'd suspect the dealers may confiscate them. i know of one dealer over here who removes the nice mats with the VW logo on them and replaces them with garage branded ones which just have the garage name stitched into them. i'm sure someone is making a few quid out of it.

The carpet mats never used to be standard on any of the models but it seems that they are now, at least in the UK.

Mine came with fronts only, but i always remove them and replace fronts with rubber and rubber in the back as well. Mucky fishing gear and boots an all that dont do them carpet mats much good. This is the 2nd A3 they have been in. Hope they fit the floorplan of the new model A3 in 3 years time else more will have to be purchased.

Mine came with fronts only, but i always remove them and replace fronts with rubber and rubber in the back as well. Mucky fishing gear and boots an all that dont do them carpet mats much good. This is the 2nd A3 they have been in. Hope they fit the floorplan of the new model A3 in 3 years time else more will have to be purchased.

I think the front and rear mats have only become 'standard' with the latest 2009 model year.