Trackday at Anglesey , Sunday 26 oct

julians

Reaction score
I'm booked on this trackday with Bookatrack, anyone from here going?

Not driven the s3 on track before, so should be interesting.

You'll love it mate - it's actually pretty good on track!
Shame I didn't know sooner - I have atrack driving itch at the moment... plus I need to try and get some video footage ha ha ha

Have fun - and remember - drive within the limits you're comfortable with - that was my moto when I went on track.

I'm not 100% sure I'll take the audi, Imight end up taking the caterham instead.

I think if its dry I'll take the caterham, if its wet I'll take the audi.

I suspect the audi will be a bit wallowy, and will eat brakes and tyres hence my reluctance to use it, but I could do with finding out what happens when you reach the limits of grip.

Aha, you have a track day toy! That made my post above seem a bit.... rubbish!
You'd be surprised with the S3 on track - it's no caterham, but it's pretty good!

I should get a tow bar fitted, then I could take both.

I reckon I'll end up taking the audi because I cant face driving the caterham 100 miles at 6am in the freezing cold, and as you say, the audi should be at least decent on track.

I'll be interested to hear how you get on with it
Have fun

Awesome track Anglesey - my sig photo on the left was taken there: they have a resident photographer who will sell you a DVD of shots of your car lapping. About £10 for 30 photos if I remember right. Have fun mate - unfortunately I can't join you this time.

I've driven the old anglesey quite a bit, but I've never driven the new circuit.

Will let you know how it went.

Just got back from the trackday.

First tim eI've been on track with the S3, but not the first time I've been on track.

My view is its a competent car, and is easy to drive fast, with no nasty handling traits, but it is a bit boring on track. On the plus side though, the brakes held up well with no fade (although the disks turned blue), and teh tyres didnt scrub too badly

Think I'll stick to the road with this car.