s3 cancelled!!!!

nshort10

Reaction score
hi all i had to cancel my s3 order due to the dealer measing me about and giving me finance quotes that doubled. i was first told that the monthly payments would be 550+ vat and it eended up going up to 950 +VAT

And due to the on going dealing with my salesperson who wasnt very helpful any in case made me cancel my order and get my £1000 deposit back which isnt too bad. I have now ordered a range rover sport for a much better deal. i know that i have changed cars completly but i always had my eye on the range and it looks like the s3 wasnt ment to be! But i pick my range up at the end of the month here is a picture for you guys.

20081018_27.jpg

20081018_28.jpg

i will hopefully return with an audi in a couple of years maybe the new rs4 whenever it appears!

take care all

Thanks for the help with the questions i had with regards to the s3

nshort10

deep pockets come as a requisite for the RR sport, gas prices are not gonna stay low for long IMHO, 4.4 will swallow gas quicker than a hollywood hooker swallows anything, ask Hugh Grant

dont have petrol i got the tdv8 for the safe option lol if u can even call it a safe option!

V8, & thats gonna be any cheaper, lol, I had V8 petrol S4 & 16mpg sometimes was a real bummer, but as diesel is more expensive thats even worse no?????

im not bothered about the fuel aspect of it will be using the car for wrk aswel so i wil benefit from it!

s4 petrol no wonder u were only getting that mpg it would be hard to keep ur foot of the gas!

it may be cheaper but will last longer than petrol! and its daft having a petrol jeep!

nah mate it was naturally aspirated so no turbo, so completely different drive to the older S4 that was turbo charged, stunning car but IMHO lacked power tbh which ****** me of as having the S3 at same time was good comparison overall, but still it was a superb car except the mpg

its amazing it had after revo 365bhp but my S3 with 275bhp was more speedy, but given weight of the v8 4.2 you can understand why huh, lol

V8's are on there way out anyway, even detroit the V8 capital are stopping making, just not needed tbh.

I was gonna say the audi stealers would queue up for your order mate so should have tried different one.

(front passenger suspension done today, feck that what a job)

i went down to them first on the way back from troon one day but they never returned my calls so just stuck with glasgow closer 2 home ehh

nmn u know the tdv8 is diesel not petrol just making sure u know that.

some good pass in both your cars!

try but they are part of glasgow audi so not a really problem with them!! really the company is still getting the sale!

nah drivers to do front as took so long today to do passenger as driveshaft slipped out & had to rectify this before fixing suspension in place, bruises, cuts galore & a nice hammered bit of skin with hole in to show for it, tomorrows another day another bruise, lol

yeah I know its diesel fella, I did read the post properly, lol, but still 4.4 v8 isnt gonna be that economical is it????

i was wondering where u got the 4.4 from cause its a 3.6 not 4.4 lol its only fuel though isnt it in the end lol

dont have petrol i got the tdv8 for the safe option lol if u can even call it a safe option!

A mate has one of these and for a diesel it sounds great.... get a remap for it and it is a proper rocket ship too!
Enjoy!!!

ah my mistake, thought was 4.4 aswell, oh well, but still 3.6 isnt gonna be much difference & with diesel being more expensive cant see it being much cheaper, but hey if you like then who am I to say anything, lol, enjoyyyyyyyyyyyy

cheers mate i will hopefully change to petrol after a few years bit more cheaper!

Aye Nigel us Scots can afford the fuel as our houses are half the price of down south LOL

thats very true, bar stewards, lol, not exactly the sunny south anymore either, more like rainy rear end, lol

literally shagging a giraffe, lol, cause they must have been seriously mad to quote that monthly cost

get the overfinch remap on it and for its size it will be fair quick, gives 320BHP and 590lb/ft with that amount you really do just shoot for the horizon,
a mate has a full overfinched RRsport TDV8, the full bodykit, remap, brakes, interior, everything in white (each to their own) it does go like hell and being V8 still makes a nice sound, that might be down to the overfinch exhaust i havent heard a standard one.

Well i'm guessing you got a seriously good deal on that range for several reasons.... 1. The colour. White 4x4's and saloons really are a bit of a fad. Hot hatches e.g. the S3 will have a much longer lifespan in white.
2. Nobody wants one due to tax, depreciation, fuel economy etc. There's a big land rover and range rover dealership locally to me which is closing shortly basically because they're not selling any whatsoever.

If you got a great price then good luck with it, looks a nice motor!

Just needs a "Mr Whippy" sign on the front. Only kidding :) :icon_thumright: