Ipod Shuffle Glove-Box Connection

Mike12421

Reaction score
Hello, as the title suggests, I would like to know if there is any way to connect my 1st-gen IPod Shuffle (the one with only a 3.5mm jack connection), to my Audi A3 Sportback? :rockwoot: And if so, I would like to have the connection in my glove-box.

I have an FM transmitter, but the quality can be "[FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']intermittent[/font]" at best.

Any ideas? Or do I have to go and but another IPod :(

On a side note, I have a TomTom XL but as a lot of you will probably be aware, the damn thing leaves circular marks on the windscreen, announcing to the thieving community that there may be something in the glove box. Anyone have any ideas about getting round this. I'm not to sure about the idea of sticking a pad to my dashboard so that it can attach to that.

Not sure about the iPod thing, but why not keep some AutoGlym fast glass and a microfibre cloth in your glovebox, clean of the circle after removing your tomtom :)

I know in my S3 there is an Aux at the drivers left next to lighter. Havvent used it though. dialing through the stereo cd menu brings up Aux. So possibly 3.5 jack to 3.5 jack would do but you probably wont be able to change tracks.

Thanks for the feedback, looks like I'll be needing a new IPod then.

And thanks for the advice re the AutoGlym.

l got an ipod nano here you can have. l need to have a look see if its okay.

Working fine. Battery was replaced a year ago so theres a bit of tapering evident. Yours if you want it.

Thank you very much, private message has been sent to you.

Thanks again.

First off, I want to say a big thank you to dc240969 for giving me an Ipod Mini!! Very generous, thank you!

The problem have now is getting a connection installed. I have contacted Audi, but they want £200, and that's a "summer special" price! I contacted Halfords, but they wanted £150 + labour. I have called around a few [FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']independent[/FONT] places in Merseyside, but they all want upwards of £200.

Is this what I should expect to pay, or can I get cheaper?

Thanks again to dc240969.

No problem Mike. Glad to help out. If l can help anyone then lm more than happy to do so.

I bought an auxiliary input adapter a few years ago. It plugs into the back of the stereo, making it think that a CD multichanger is fitted. Connected to this is another cable that plugs into the earphone socket of my mp3 player and it does the job. Only thing is you have to select tracks from the mp3 player and not the head unit.

As for the sat nav, I have a Garmin and never use the windscreen mount. I use a Brodit tilt/swivel mount fitted to a Dashmount centre bracket. I keep it out of sight and push it into place whenever I need it.
(One of these, http://www.dashmount.co.uk/march04/71067.htm)

Have a look at both both manufacturers and pick the combination that suits your Tom-Tom

i have a snooper strabo which i fit into the retractable coin tray using the windscreen mount, i have stuck some lexan ( plastic ) into the bottom of the coin tray which the mount sticks to