Some decent pictures of the A3 on coilovers.

RobinA3

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
After a very much needed wash and wax here are some decent photos of the car on the coilovers i bought from Jonny.

The front is on the lowest setting and the rear is 75mm from the bottom of the lowest setting. The car in my opinion is sitting absolutely perfectly, the rear does scrub lightly sometimes but that will be solved with the change the screw inside the arch.

From the centre of the front wheel to the arch it is 33mm and on the rear its 34mm, does anyone know what the measurements are on a standard S-Line A3? I forgot to measure mine before i put the coilovers on.

As far as more modifications i think i am happy with it as it is now, the only other thing i would or am thinking about is a Milltek but only if i find a bargain.

Anyway here are some photo's.

coilover2.jpg

coilover1.jpg

coilover3.jpg

coilover6.jpg

coilover8.jpg

coilover9.jpg

coilover5.jpg

New DRL's lights from the group buy, so much nicer than the yellow standard bulbs!
coilover7.jpg

Chrome strips on the grille, cheap easy simple modification but looks good.
coilover10.jpg

Looks nice fella, do you need an air cushion for your asse or is it still a comfy ride?

Oh & anyone with quattro that wants Eibach Pro's, shout me, sorry Rob hope dont mind.

nah the ride is quite nice, not as bad as expected,its a bit like the standard s-line suspension really.

Robin,

Looks really good mate. Not talking to you though as I was in the process of talking to jonny about the coilovers when you sneaked in and bought them!

You going over to prosport next sat? If so would you mind assisting in the home coming lights? Got vag com now so a few lessons on that wouldn't go a miss either.

Plus we can have a hoon about as well

Hey Paul

You had to be quick with those coilies!!!!

Where is prosport? and whats going on there? I am free so i am up for it as long its not miles and miles away.

In stockport, its a rolling road day thet justcharlie has posted a thread on here about!

Going over to get mine dyno'd. Got my exhaust back on now.

not far from me, i'll make a trip over there! see ya there!

that looks great, do you fancy coming and cleaning my alloys, they have about 9 weeks of brake dust and I know there going to be a pain !

Very tidy, love the grille!

Looking really nice now Robin, I'd say those coilovers were worth every penny.

Milltek exhaust now then, it never ends does it?

love the grill too, do you know what width the chrome strips are?....... talk about thread resurection

Looks awesome! Loving the grill also! What coilovers are they? And are 2.0T Quattro coilies the same as 2.0TDI Quattro coilies?

They are KW V1 coilovers, i believe they were from an S3 originally. Robin does not own this car now, i do :w00t:

robin raised the coilovers from these pictures because his tyres were wearing out quickly and he couldnt get the tracking sorted, looking at these pics makes me wanna drop it back down.

i have seen plenty of other a3's on here as low and lower than this so what do they do about tracking/tyre wear? just put up with it?

i fitted my vmaxxs coilovers, front and rear spacers on my 2.0t quattro 2 weeeks and 150mile ago, 4 wheel alignment booked for wedesday, looking forward to it :) £40, bargain

robin had full geometry alignment done @£250 and they had to raise it to get it right or something.