Xenons again...

Mike12421

Reaction score
I know, I know this has all been discussed before, but I am still none the wiser after reading everything I can find regarding Xenons.

There is so much to take in; Colour temperature, light intensity,
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']automatic headlamp levelling, [/FONT]retrofits, oem...I have not got a clue.

I have a 56-reg Audi A3 Sportback SE 140bhp....with no Xenons.

Due to the need to be totally road legal, I need to have these installed correctly. I won't be able to do them myself, as I have no experience whatsoever.

So my question is, is it possible to have Audi OEM Xenons fitted with all the bells and whistles, and if so, how much? Can anyone point me in the right direction.

I found on another page;
www.hids-direct.co.uk
but I still don't know what I am looking for.

yes you can & kufatec.de do the kits for this, they do usually come with headlight washers & auto levelling motors, all of which they do on there site, but need new front bumper for the washer system as needs the pop up jets.

Cost well if you wanna add the jets then not cheap, you can add the aftermarket ones & goto www.hids4u.co.uk Ian is the main person.

Standard audi runs at 4300k usually interms of colour wise.

That's excellent, thank you.

If I ordered from them, who would you recommend to install?

where abouts are you?

I could do it but geographics is the thing, also its a fair old job to do all that, so you really sure you wanna do this job as it wont be cheap.

I dont think wiring is to bad, but it would be time consuming, at end of day time is money, if you've got the money I've got the time, lol, sorry had to, movie quotes are the best huh, lol.

I'm in the Merseyside area, and I do like my movie quotes :)

Travelling for me wouldn't be a problem, if you would be able to help. It's just down to the cost of the thing now.

Looking on the website mentioned earlier, I found;
Bi-Xenon headlight Set with daylight Audi A3 8P & 8PA
http://www.kufatec.de/shop/product_...light-Set-with-daylight-Audi-A3-8P---8PA.html
for almost 1400 euros (which would be a little steep).

Now I don't know if this is the correct kit, as it says "Bi-Xenon", I only looked at that one as it was the most expensive. Can anyone correct me. If I had the choice, I would not want to have the washer system installed (I never liked the look of it). I have read that you only need to have this if the Xenon's where installed at the factory?

Also, by getting OEM Xenon's installed, do the insurance company need to be informed? Is it classed as a modification. Again, I would need to let them know if it was due to my line of work. :busted_cop:

The washers are a legality too, any dirt or 'grease' on the lens can distort the lights direction and could blind oncoming traffic (supposidly...)

So what would be an educated guess for everything needed, plus installation?