Chris NottBadger5
    Reverse Gear

Status

Audi A3 Sportback Sunblind

Hello all, this is my first post, however I have been reading the forum for some time now.

I have two questions I wanted to ask. I have tried the search function, but to no avail.

I have just bought a 56-reg A3 Sportback SE 2.0 TDI, and have ordered myself a boot cover from; http://www.boot-buddy.com/ as I have a yellow Labrador, and as you can imagine it is near impossible to get the hairs out of the fabric. To increase my chances of not getting too many dog hairs on the back seat and circulating around the car whenever I open the windows, I am considering buying an official Sportback Sunblind; http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Audi-A3-Sportback-sunblind_W0QQitemZ280277512468QQcmdZViewItem?hash= item280277512468&_trkparms=72%3A1345%7C39%3A1%7C66 %3A4%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14
    Can anyone tell me how this is fitted? Is it fitted to the rear seats, or is is attached to the parcel shelf, which would make it useless. Also, is the blind a fabric or metal, in other words, would my dog make mince meat of it if he tried to get through on to the back seat? I have considered the other type of "proper" pet-bars, but I prefered the Audi blind if I could get away with it.

Secondly, my car has cruise control, cd multi-changer, outside temp etc, however no DIS. Is there ment to be one, of do I need to have one fitted?

Thanks in advance.

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    It is fitted to the parcel shelf has a clip that holds it down when not in use etc... Also made of fabric with a metal frame your dog would knock it down in seconds then eat it ....
    2007 Audi A3 Sportback 2.0 Tdi (170) DPF, S-Line,DSG S-Tronic, Akoyo Silver, 18"Alloys Audi RS4 Design, RNS-E 2007 TMC, Rear Parking Sensors,Bose Sound System,6 CD Changer,Black Leather Sport Seats,Auto Folding Mirrors,Tyre Pressure Sys,+ More....

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks for the quick reply, I'll keep on looking for something more suitable.

Neutral

Status
    This is what you need;

http://forums.fourtitude.com/zerothread?id=4078413

Rgds Tom

4th Gear

Status
    DIS was standard on the Sport, optional extra on the SE.

Someone else can probably advise re retrofit, as in whether it is just vagcom config or whether it means a new pod in which case the cost would outweigh the benefit in my opinion.

Do a search on DIS, you may find the issue has already been raised on here?
    Sportback

(●̮̮̃̃) (●̮̮̃̃)

Status
    a whole new instrument cluster will be needed if you want DIS.

i

(●̮̮̃̃) (●̮̮̃̃)

Status
    a whole new instrument cluster will be needed if you want DIS.

i have looked into it and it wouldnt be worth it for the cost involved.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks AUDIA3QS, I thing I found a direct link;

http://www.travall.com/index.php?mai...roducts_id=502

and thanks to everyone else re DIS.

Scottie123 - what would be a ball park figure for the installation, as I have had two Audi's before, and both had DIS, so I don't know how I'm going to cope without it.

Status
    I bought and retrofitted the OEM Audi sunblind for my Sportback, thinking it would be good for my newborn son, but it's really next to useless, mainly because the boot is long enough and the ceiling low enough to block any sun coming through unless it's really low. I paid 30 delivered from eBay for a new one. Fitting was easy though - you just have to drill holes using a template cut out from the cardboard packaging it was supplied in.

Regarding DIS, I've never retrofitted it but we did specify it from new as an option. I recall that it was standard on the Sport model, but an option on the SE, whereas your cruise control is vice versa.
    2004 A3 Sportback 2.0TDI SE, RNS-E Sat Nav SW0650 TMC, 17" Star Alloys, Xenons, DIS, Rear Mats & Sunblind, Alu trim, Ebony Black pearlescent
    2006 Honda Accord EX i-CTDI, Arctic Blue, Leather, Sat Nav, XCarLink