Audi A3 Sportback Sunblind

Mike12421

Reaction score
Hello all, this is my first post, however I have been reading the forum for some time now.

I have two questions I wanted to ask. I have tried the search function, but to no avail.

I have just bought a 56-reg A3 Sportback SE 2.0 TDI, and have ordered myself a boot cover from; http://www.boot-buddy.com/ as I have a yellow Labrador, and as you can imagine it is near impossible to get the hairs out of the fabric. To increase my chances of not getting too many dog hairs on the back seat and circulating around the car whenever I open the windows, I am considering buying an official Sportback Sunblind; http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Audi-A3-Sportback-sunblind_W0QQitemZ280277512468QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item280277512468&_trkparms=72%3A1345%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A4%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14
Can anyone tell me how this is fitted? Is it fitted to the rear seats, or is is attached to the parcel shelf, which would make it useless. Also, is the blind a fabric or metal, in other words, would my dog make mince meat of it if he tried to get through on to the back seat? I have considered the other type of "proper" pet-bars, but I prefered the Audi blind if I could get away with it.

Secondly, my car has cruise control, cd multi-changer, outside temp etc, however no DIS. Is there ment to be one, of do I need to have one fitted?

Thanks in advance.

It is fitted to the parcel shelf has a clip that holds it down when not in use etc... Also made of fabric with a metal frame your dog would knock it down in seconds then eat it ....

:) Thanks for the quick reply, I'll keep on looking for something more suitable.

DIS was standard on the Sport, optional extra on the SE.

Someone else can probably advise re retrofit, as in whether it is just vagcom config or whether it means a new pod in which case the cost would outweigh the benefit in my opinion.

Do a search on DIS, you may find the issue has already been raised on here?

a whole new instrument cluster will be needed if you want DIS.

i

a whole new instrument cluster will be needed if you want DIS.

i have looked into it and it wouldnt be worth it for the cost involved.

I bought and retrofitted the OEM Audi sunblind for my Sportback, thinking it would be good for my newborn son, but it's really next to useless, mainly because the boot is long enough and the ceiling low enough to block any sun coming through unless it's really low. I paid £30 delivered from eBay for a new one. Fitting was easy though - you just have to drill holes using a template cut out from the cardboard packaging it was supplied in.

Regarding DIS, I've never retrofitted it but we did specify it from new as an option. I recall that it was standard on the Sport model, but an option on the SE, whereas your cruise control is vice versa.