That Bleedy Jonnyc and his S3,

S3 Big Andy

Stealth Beast Baby Yay
Reaction score
Website
www.andyoram.co.uk
Opened up his bonnet and showed me the light, he said "Andy, my son, Evom's is the only way to go, now go and fulfil my command" and I went forth and have followed his command.

PIC_0001.jpg

Whilst at Regal autosport in Southampton I also picked up a Autotech fuel pump, together this car is now awesome!

Thanks Jonny you were right, but please in future keep you big bonnet shut!!!!!!

Now lets go find a Evo to scare!!

Ha ha ha, awesome work mate - was it you who called me????
So, are you going to put it back on their rollers to see where you're at now?
I reckon 343bhp and that flat spot in the mid range will have disapeared too!

Did you see the turbo on Jonny's car... it's bigger ... ;)

Awesome work mate - I look forward to hearing a more detailed review.

J

Didn't take you long did it Andy, the thought of another mod niggling away in the back of your mind got the better of you eh?

So how does it sound, pretty awesome I suspect? Are you gonna go Stage 2 + with the remap now you've got an uprated fuel pump or is it good enough as it is?

The sound is sex, not going out on town tonight just gonna drive my car around!!!

As for Stage 2+, not sure it is so quick now its untrue, plus I haven't got £50 to spare now!!! bleedy Jonny, wait till I see him again!!

At a guess I'd say Andy's will be about 5 dead and Jonny's maybe 4.8 if either of them really want to murder the clutch and try.
I think I heard Jonny saying that all the power isn't that noticeable at lower speeds, but get it into 3rd and above and it's in a different league to his car pre big turbo.
However, I may be wrong....

At a guess I'd say Andy's will be about 5 dead and Jonny's maybe 4.8 if either of them really want to murder the clutch and try.
I think I heard Jonny saying that all the power isn't that noticeable at lower speeds, but get it into 3rd and above and it's in a different league to his car pre big turbo.
However, I may be wrong....

Really?? That shocking, Andy's car around 5 sounds about right, as I reckon thats what my cousin's TT is (330bhp - Garrett GT28) or about 4.9s, hard to say. He's got a Stage 3 + clutch on there now, so it is quick. But 417bhp & 0-60 = 4.8s? Scotty's is the same though, 3 gear onwards is game over. :)

no due to the location of the filter it will get loads of cool air! a heat sheild will make 100% sure of this though but the filter is located far enough away from the engine that it shouldn't be a problem!

andy are you going to get the matching engine cover??

Is this intake plug and play for the S3?? I mean, in fact this is a GTI/A3 intake, am I correct?

It will be plug & play regal are helping to develop the S3 system.

Cold air is fed from the intake and the filter is blocked of from the engine bay..

Just went for a little run, ran 3 0-60's using the lap counter...
First run 5.4 seconds
Second 5.5 seconds
Third 5.0 seconds

So I will take the third one and say my car does 0-60 in 5 seconds flat!!!
Good guess Jamie

Don't bother with the EVOMS cover it's naff, I bought one and never even bothered to fit it. I ran a modified OEM cover on mine when I had it on the Octy.

EVOM_Install086.jpg

EVOM_Install087.jpg

EVOM_Install088.jpg

Looks like icing on a really nice cake!! I am drooling!! Is it really loud? I am not really a fan of very loud sucking noises coming from my car.

I have a cabonio / Otteinger Intake leading to the stock air filter set up right now but I know there is more to be done...

Awesome mate!! Glad your enjoying it too..

I think I could get 4.5 ish 0-60 in mine, really does launch after the clutch upgrade, only done a few big launches in it, doesnt take long before your at the end of 2nd gear..

Jonny

Whats the price of the evoms intake?
Where do you get it from?

//wolfie

So Andy, what are you going to replace the turbo with!?

So what you doing to get to 450 bhp then Jonny?

Building a forged engine, Rods, low comp pistons.. Modifications to the exhaust, increase boost to 1.8-2.0 bar peak, more ignition.. And some other trick bits:)

Not really the peak figure that will make the differnce, should be much much stronger in the mid range..

Hopefully get it done before christmas, just in time for the snow lol

It's gonna blow mate.

Only a matter of time hehehehehe

David

I contacted Regal Motorsport in past 2 months over 4 times and they didn't reply back...Is there EVOMs intake that can be fit to K04 ? just like this on pictures? I want to buy one. And I asked for price for autotech fuel pump but still have no clue what does it cost..I contacted Chris at regal motorsport.....

BTW I'm from Croatia and want that they send it to Slovenia which is in EU

I contacted Regal Motorsport in past 2 months over 4 times and they didn't reply back...Is there EVOMs intake that can be fit to K04 ? just like this on pictures? I want to buy one. And I asked for price for autotech fuel pump but still have no clue what does it cost..I contacted Chris at regal motorsport.....

BTW I'm from Croatia and want that they send it to Slovenia which is in EU

Best way is ask for Paul or Karen and get your answers on the phone dont wait for a call back!

Yes the evoms fits a k04

What is price for EVOMs kit if that is not secret ? :) And fuel pump also ?

Building a forged engine, Rods, low comp pistons.. Modifications to the exhaust, increase boost to 1.8-2.0 bar peak, more ignition.. And some other trick bits:)

Not really the peak figure that will make the differnce, should be much much stronger in the mid range..

Hopefully get it done before christmas, just in time for the snow lol

Okay fair play to you man! Have u got the uprated Haldex/uprated ARBs? I wasn't really on the forum when u started modding, sorry if you've answered these questions a 1000 times.

It will be plug & play regal are helping to develop the S3 system.

Cold air is fed from the intake and the filter is blocked of from the engine bay..

Did you run into any issues while installing it? I want to order one from the US!

Really?? That shocking, Andy's car around 5 sounds about right, as I reckon thats what my cousin's TT is (330bhp - Garrett GT28) or about 4.9s, hard to say. He's got a Stage 3 + clutch on there now, so it is quick. But 417bhp & 0-60 = 4.8s? Scotty's is the same though, 3 gear onwards is game over. :)

I agree, both should be sub 5 secs I reckon, I did a 5.0 in mine *** and it's FWD :laugh:. JC's could crack low 4's IMO with the right launch. But would take a proper balls out, high revs launch.. Something i'm sure Jonny wouldn't like to do very often I wouldn't think..