FBMFSW

GlasgowRangers

Reaction score
How much do these go for? What can I expect to pay for one? I WANT ONE.
Have a spare bit of cash and want to splash out.

Also, can anybody give any pointers in how to source one cheaply and quickly? Tried ebay but no luck.

There are always a few on the go on the UK ebay (and German as thats where most come from). There are some on right now, usually going for £425-£455 plus postage.

Make sure they come with the airbag also as you need a different airbag to the one you have. Its the circular one.

They are very easy to fit, 10 min job.

Make sure they come with the airbag also as you need a different airbag to the one you have. Its the circular one.

They are very easy to fit, 10 min job.

Unless your car does not have mutli function and it a 2004 lol

I had to buy a new slip ring (£50) and a new steering wheel control module (£105)

Fitting it easy enough, takes a bit longer than 10mins but not a huge amount of time...its the vagcom programming that takes the longest time!

We were at it for 2 evenings lol didnt help that my copy of vagcom is a copy but we eventually solved these problems and I now love the wheel!

Is there a fitting guide/how-to anywhere?

its easy

first of all, disconnect the battery

there are 2 torque headed screws at the back of the steering wheel, not sure what size, might be T30 but it isnt hard to work out

you then pop the airbag off - simple, it will loosen with the screws off

do you have multifunction?

If so, there are two clips inside the wheel - there is the yellow one which connects to the slip ring - it has an orange top - pull this back and the clip should come free.

Do not play with the slip ring - it will turn slightly but do not turn it round and round. there is no need too but just a warning as another slip ring costs £50

For multi function, there is a black clip which is a bit more difficult to remove but a small flat headed screw driver would be of assistance!

Once the airbag is off, you will need a 12mm spline to remove the steering wheel from the console

Then its just a matter of repeating these steps in reverse for the new wheel

How much do these go for? What can I expect to pay for one? I WANT ONE.
Have a spare bit of cash and want to splash out.

& I have one for sale new with airbag etc, sold 1 to Marc already & Boydie recently, let me know if interested.

Well spotted, thats why so cheap.

Anyone need an FBMFSW let me know as have 2.

Yes for sure & probably more easily than some as 05 onwards seem to have the 2 vital component versions, slip ring & steering wheel control module that allows the FBMFSW to work on 8P's properly.