Traction Control Problems

edition

Reaction score
Hi,

My cars been in a few times for the traction control light coming on and staying on for the rest of the day, but they don't seem to be able to find anything and say no errors come up on the computer.

It seems to come on if im going down a hill in traffic at say 10mph in second using engine braking. When it does this it will sometimes stay on all day or will go out after a few times the ignition has been off.

It also flickers when you go over a bump at speed, like a few flashes. Has only done this on a bump on the l/h/s although i guess there are more pothioles on the left of the road.

Have tried to see if the traction control works when the light is on but i cant really decided as traction is too good.

Its getting close to the end of its warrenty so i could do with it being rectified.

Any ideas?

Its a 3.2 Quattro...

Cheers

p.s the light wont go off when i press the button.

Hmmm, could be an ABS sensor as I think that is linked to the Traction control. Weird it's not flagging any errors though. however, if it think it's not doing anything wrong.. it wouldn't!

Thats what i was thinking it could be....... But as per usual it doesn't seem to want to do it at the garage...

If they can't find it and i end up paying for it, how easy are they to replace? and how much £££?

Cheers

any other ideas?

It's a right pain when that happens eh!
See if you can get a tech's to come out for an extended drive.... or find a road near the delaer that has something that set's it off!!!

Good luck

Yeah guess i will have to only problem is the flickering thing isn't all the time say it might do it once in 30 miles of driving.

Also don't like it going in the 4th time saying my traction control light comes on as when they take it out i presume they give it death to try and get traction issues......

If there was an issue with the ABS, the ABS light would stay on too. If its not reporting an error, perhaps its the switch itself on the dashboard. In this case the system wouldnt think there is a fault as it believes you are pressing the button. Its just a thought.