Insurance

neiljones0506

Reaction score
Anyone recommend good insurance brokers / sites for insuring S3 - I have so far been quoted £1200 for a 2007 model - seems outrageous - I have a clean licence for over 10 years - help!

Yep, like the man said.

confused.com.

Or Adrian Flux.
Was miles out for me on the S3 but was very good previously.
Worth a phone call.

Mines about a 1/3 of that,with MoreThan,but i do have a totally clean slate :blink:. That includes recovery,home assistance,legal aid and protected no claims. Not bad,i thought!

Two years ago (aged 29) I was paying £500 full comp for a brand new Subaru Impreza STI (group 20). This was from Privelage - clean slate and 8 years no claims protected.
Now I pay £300 for a brand new A3 1.8TFSI S-Line 2009 (which arrived today).
Same insurance company.

Just noticed I need to change my signature to the new car :drool:

www.swiftcover.com

moneysupermarket.com

comparethemarket.com

I always check those 2 comparison sites then go direct to insurer & see if cheaper

I wouldnt touch directline with a barge pole for the deepest river, absolute bunch of tossers

privilege for me too. Cheapest of the lot with business miles last year.

If you have a clean slate and have driven similar performing cars previously you could try peart.com

I was Privilege last year - cheap as chips when I first got the car. 1 year later, another years no claims (12) and 3 points off my licence and it went up £280!
So, moved to Bell, no one could touch them, cheaper than the previous year with all mods declared (£500 if your interested, not bad for central London!).

J

Swift Cover for me - £390 for 32 yr old with 10 years protected no-claims and 3 points (SP50)... even with the missus on..!

Renewed mine last week and had hell of a job after declaring modifications! Got cover with NIG through Adrian Flux in the end. Go careful with the comparison sites though, I think they are on good commission deals with the insurers. They do a search then put you directly through to the insurance companies. I ended up speaking to four in total, one after another! If you buy from one of them there and then, they add on the comparison sites commission. I ended up paying £720 but when the insurance certificate and documentation came through, the premium stated was only £640!! I phoned NIG and they said it was their commission added on top.

Best to get the quotes and then go direct to the insurance company I'd say.

I find with the comparison site, those that need the business give you a call.
Bell, there oline quote was cr@p... but they called a day later asking if I'd sorted anything out, and went through the details and BAM, they reduced their online quote by 50% near enough!
If they want the business... they will come!
ha ha ha