Twintercooler

dc240969

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Has anyone had one of these fitted. l was wondering what gain may be had over stabdard, and with GIAC race remap.

We've fitted a few, should be some power graphs on the Forge website. Great piece of kit.

Damian @ DPM

I saw their installation guide, but am not too keen on trimming the bumper. Is it absolutely necessary?

Forge UK price for the twintercooler is a ****** rip off at £801. I cannot believe anyone would pay that much money when they sale the same item for $925 in America. You can buy an S3 intercooler plus pipes for £300ish as a direct upgrade or the APR intercooler is nearly twice the size of your stock intercooler for about the same money as the forge item.

Correct me if im wrong but isnt the forge twintercooler an upgrade for the S3 intercooler? Hence really big and front mounted? Feeling a little confused here!

Correct me if im wrong but isnt the forge twintercooler an upgrade for the S3 intercooler? Hence really big and front mounted? Feeling a little confused here!
Nope it`s a small intercooler that fits infront of the aircon rad and stock intercooler hense the name twin. I have to admit i have just bought one secondhand cheap so intend to do logs before and after fitting to see what gains are had. Only real reason for buying one is it is easier t fit then fitting a stock S3 intercooler or APR one as fitting them is a 5 hour job with removing the front of the car plus aircon rad etc. Forge intercoolers are made for people to DIY fit not to be the best solution to cooling air inlet temps.

Looking forward to seeing the before and after plots devonmikeyboy! Anyidea as to how much difference it will make? What gains are you expecting?

Don`t know what the gains will be to honest as i never intended fitting one. I was going to import an APR 2.0 FSI uprated intercooler so as to do the job properly but this came up cheap so more out of curiosity i bought it just to see how it performs. Hasn`t even turned up yet.

what about the apr core + twintercooler??

</head explodes due to excessive awesomeness>

Bigger is not always better with intercoolers. If the core size is to big you will make any turbo lag worse. The twintercooler i bought was designed for a Skode but the front and intercooler pipework should hopefully be the same, if not i can probably make it fit with the help of a large hammer and 9" grinder.I will also be fitting a Snow Performance stage 3 water/methanol kit which will deffo keep AIT`s down if there is any problem when on full boost.

lve thought of the water/menthol way. fitting through washer bottle how long would it last?

Haven`t got a clue as there are so many factors involved like nozzle size,why your spraying it and what end result you want etc. If you just want to reduce AIT`s on a slightly modded car the first and a lot simplier thing to do is fit a larger FMIC. I want to use water/methanol more to reduce my EGT`s and hopefully as i am fitting larger diesel nozzles use as an extra fuel source so i can remove the propane injection.

Far to early in the morning for word games. But now it makes sense.

Look what arrived today.
S1030264.jpg

get it on man and show some figures. theres many options out there lm like a kid in a candy store. pardon the americanisim.

I am working everyday for the next two weeks so it will not get fitted for a while but when i do i will post up the results as there are several people on different forums interested like me as to weather this intercooler is any good or not.

I heard that the Twintercooler has less turbo lag becuase its now 2 small cavity vs one large one... If it was not for the scary price I would have gone for it. Looking into getting an S3 Intercooler

what lve read is that the pressure is reduced due to the restriction or increased pipe work etc.
I heard that the Twintercooler has less turbo lag becuase its now 2 small cavity vs one large one... If it was not for the scary price I would have gone for it. Looking into getting an S3 Intercooler

I think somebody was either winding you up or just talking crap. If you add in the extra amount of air in the pipework leading to and from the Twintercooler an S3 intercooler will have less air stored in the total inlet system compared to the amount of air in stored in a twintercooler+stock intercooler sytem. Forge ship the twintercooler to America and sale it for $925 ( which just so happens to be the same price as the American VF engineering Twintercooler design )which is £536 so work that one out and tell me Forge are not taking the **** charging £803 to post it to us in England. Get the S3 intercooler as it is a lot cheaper and better even though it`s a good 5 hour job to fit. I have the S3 intercooler and pipework part numbers and prices plus links to fitting guides somewhere and if you want them.

I think somebody was either winding you up or just talking crap. If you add in the extra amount of air in the pipework leading to and from the Twintercooler an S3 intercooler will have less air stored in the total inlet system compared to the amount of air in stored in a twintercooler+stock intercooler sytem. Forge ship the twintercooler to America and sale it for $925 ( which just so happens to be the same price as the American VF engineering Twintercooler design )which is £536 so work that one out and tell me Forge are not taking the **** charging £803 to post it to us in England. Get the S3 intercooler as it is a lot cheaper and better even though it`s a good 5 hour job to fit. I have the S3 intercooler and pipework part numbers and prices plus links to fitting guides somewhere and if you want them.

Pardon my ignorance so is more air stored in the pipework better or worse? I would assume its better because the air stored has less distance to travel to the engine? Or is it losing velocity due to the longer piping?

Also, is the S3 intercooler good enough for a K04 set up running at about 330-350 hp? This will be my next project :rock: and I wont be able to afford the Forge.:(