Rear Light Bulb Changed... But Now It's Brighter?

emzino

Reaction score
I'd say about 2 months ago, DIS reported a bulb had died on the rear left side of the car. It's not the brake bulb but the one that's on all the time when you turn on the lights.

Anyway after a couple of days just before I was gonna get it changed it came back!

Recently realised that now and again it's dimmer than the one on the left. So got it changed when the car went into the garage to get a new sensor and now it's brigher!

What on earth is the right bulb so I can goto halfords tomorrow and get it done lol. It looks so out of place

Thanks in advance and sorry for the long story :readit:

it is just a standard clear tail light bulb - nothing fancy.

wouldn't bother with halfrauds - they'll charge you a fiver for something you'll pick up in a motor factors for about 50p.

Usually dim bulbs are bad earths but I guess it could be the sensor causing a drain. As Marc said, Hellfords charge too much and will probably force you to buy a pair. I'm not sure (haven't checked) if the bulb is a 382 or 207 but they only actually cost the retailer 29p+vat each! We charge 85p for them in our shop so thats a rough idea of a retail price.

Hmm. I'm gonna buy a pair and fit them cos it just looks weird =/

Could you check for sure if its 382 or 207 please. Thank you

u can have halfords quik reaction bulbs supplied and fitted cheaper than the philips bulbs matey, hth

cal