Non-multi function steering wheel to FBMFSW in A3 1.6

katsumoto

Reaction score
I'd like to ask whether anyone has retro-fitted the FBMFSW to a 1.6 SB that has a standard 4 spoke steering wheel with airbag. If yes, what would I have to do to get all the functions working that are attached with the FBMFSW (ie. cruise control, paddles etc.)?

Thanks.

thanks ashley, i just read the thread and it seems to be saying that I'd need another ECU as my current steering wheel only has the hooter function and airbag. No DSG, No Cruise, No volume control etc. And I'm wondering if can all be hooked up with the FBMFSW since my car is the basic 1.6-er.

cheers

thanks ashley, i just read the thread and it seems to be saying that I'd need another ECU as my current steering wheel only has the hooter function and airbag. No DSG, No Cruise, No volume control etc. And I'm wondering if can all be hooked up with the FBMFSW since my car is the basic 1.6-er.

cheers

Thats ok. I think it is possible as i've spoke few people in here which done it them selfs and checked if my car could have all function working (no dsg or cruise control on my car). I also checked a company on ebay which i was going to buy it off they were going to install it and said i'd have the volume control working through the steering wheel etc

You'll need a new steering ECU (called the SCSM sometimes) then it should work. You may also need a small wiring harness to connect the FBMFSW buttons.

Of course you'll need VAG-COM to recode everything as well.

Did someone mention my name???

hi nigel, as the thread states, i'm looking to change my standard steering wheel for the FBMFSW, dunno what I'd need to do that though as a lot of the functions aren't standard on my 1.6 SB.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Ok well 1st what year is yours, is it a manual/auto, does it have paddles, what radio, I assume it has a full DIS, what overall do you want to achieve with this mod, answers please on the back of a postcard while I eat my curry, lol

& I have a perforated wheel up for sale

Isaac is correct on 2 points, might need a slip ring aswell dependent on age of car which you can check with your vin number at audi

Boydie just got his wheel from me today, he's over the moon & also sent him TT vents, so he's higher than Ewan McGregor in trainspotting, lol

hahah, lucky boydie, well here's some info about my car:

year: 2006/8
model: 1.6 A3 SB
Auto tranny (with tiptronic)
No paddles, no cruise control, no volume control
Radio: concert
I'd like to have paddle shift, volume control and cruise control if possible...yes getting greedy...

cheers

Did someone mention my name???

Hi i mentioned your name lol sorry...

Ok well 1st what year is yours, is it a manual/auto, does it have paddles, what radio, I assume it has a full DIS, what overall do you want to achieve with this mod, answers please on the back of a postcard while I eat my curry, lol

& I have a perforated wheel up for sale

Isaac is correct on 2 points, might need a slip ring aswell dependent on age of car which you can check with your vin number at audi

Boydie just got his wheel from me today, he's over the moon & also sent him TT vents, so he's higher than Ewan McGregor in trainspotting, lol

Oh and enjoy yhe curry :)

Eating curry so get back to you all in little while & mention my name isnt a problem fella, certainly no need for apology you fool, lol

Eating curry so get back to you all in little while & mention my name isnt a problem fella, certainly no need for apology you fool, lol

Enjoy and nice one for the fool part nigel lol

And your to blame for me spending money this month lol
Ahh well be starting all again all next year with mods on the new car might aswell have this one how i want it

Enjoy and nice one for the fool part nigel lol

And your to blame for me spending money this month lol
Ahh well be starting all again all next year with mods on the new car might aswell have this one how i want it

Damn right, enjoy while you can, I dont smoke anymore for ages now, no drugs & dont **** it up against the wall anymore, lol, so spend it on something else you enjoy, I regularly used to spend £150 a night going out partying some time back so whats difference except now no hangover & something to show for money now rather than feeling **** for 2-3 days, still enjoy a good drink but not as bad

Pictures? Price? Including Airbag? I'll take first refusal depending on the answers!

I'll PM & yes 1st refusal as 1st asked, I always keep my word

hahah, lucky boydie, well here's some info about my car:

year: 2006/8
model: 1.6 A3 SB
Auto tranny (with tiptronic)
No paddles, no cruise control, no volume control
Radio: concert
I'd like to have paddle shift, volume control and cruise control if possible...yes getting greedy...

cheers

I would say yours probably has the steering module & slip ring anyway as 06 facelift & generally as far as I know all facelifts have the fully compatible parts, but you need to call local audi parts, quote your vin & ask them "whats the part number of the slip ring & the steering wheel control module fitted to my car" then post back, if they are a bit thick then PM your vin to me then I'll ask my parts guy I'm good mates with.

Paddles, cruise, volume all should be fine but I seriously recommend the RNS upgrade aswell but not needed if dont want.

As for greedy, dont ask dont get.

You'll need the new wheel, airbag, airbag loom all of which come together from a seller like myself anyway, also cruise stalk & vagcom, all of which I think I can get for you & vagcom I have anyway, possibly the steering module & slip ring but doubt you'll need but have to cover myself.

I'll be honest I've had cruise on all my audis & you know what, hardly ever used it tbh, S3, S4 & now A3, I just dont use it, not cause I drive like a **** but because no cause to given how much traffic on roads now, but you want then go for it fella.

hope its a hot curry!

Its you again & no was mild fella, thanks for asking, lol, S3 Sunday tomorrow, lol, I'm staring at the front bumper as I type, sad but true, completed my facelift dash buttons tonight, got hazard button in post from brighton audi, as thought the style is alot better but fitment is shittttttt with capital S, they just have to much of gap round, tacky fitment I have to say for audi, I'll post image tomorrow

Hey, I'm only 15 miles from Glasgow - If you cant manage at least Chicken Tikka with a madras sauce you will be a joke amoungst your peers LOL

RE your bumper - You must be like a kid who has found his christmas pressies a week before christmas and cant touch them! Sorry about the buttons, hoped it was just the angle of some of the pics but I went for the pre-facelift as I prefered the look.

lol, I used to eat the hottest available & ask for hotter, big mistake, but after 4 stomach operations & still no fix I decided to tone down, lol, ye totally xmas is here my friend & I cant wait to fit & finish the mods as getting annoyed now but good thing is got pdc controller coming next week, so will do that & towbar wiring, just need door module as folding mirrors playing up & the new J 09 version is wired differently & cant get wiring diag as no one responded on here so no good using one got last week, then full closure system, buttons I will keep as still prefer over older ones even with gaps, it'll wear of.

your too ahead of the curve re the wiring diagram LOL. The dealer is probably the only option if they have newer ElsaWin than we can aquire, maybe your parts guy could ask nicely?

Bad news about curry - i'd hate that to happen to me! I cant go too long without a tasty curry or my famous hickuping hot fajitas! (named by one of my ex's LOL)

yeah I will ask him for, sure he can swing it, is that why she's an ex, lol

hey, she got me on to a nice Pinot Grigio it was the least I could do for her LOL.

If you can aquire a newer version of ElsaWin you will have even more friends here LOL. You realise that when this is done it will be like, "And when Nigel looked out he wept for there were no more Mods to conquer" LOL

lol, classic, lol

Ye I will see what I can do about elsawin & as for mods, dont be to sure, I'll come up with something, lol, its never over until the fat lady sings & I havnt got a fat lady & never will have until she's pregnant, lol, so I guess it ends then as many men say about marraige & having kids, MPV days then mate, for me its S3 sportback days, lol

the funny thing is, with a baby, I found it a helluva lot easier putting her into the baby seat in my 2 door A3 than a 4 door car where you can't fold the seats forward.

so she got her own back on u then at end of day, daddy, lol, I look forward to this part of my life now as had my fun one way now time for fun & fulfilment another way.

sadly, not so, she wasnt mine so when we split I had no say. This was us in Canada:

EwanHazel_C1.jpg

Yes, I know I'm Scottish and have red hair LOL

shame man, cant really tell red hair tbh