What a great start to Friday!!!!!

s3thrizzle,
the RAC thing you are referring to is the only way to gain access to a VW or Audi because of the deadlocks - I won't explain exactly what they do, but there is slightly more to it than just some connections and vag-com. vagcom is no help to the thief while trying to open the car as the car needs to be open to connect to the diagnostic port! there are a number of additional steps to do once the first bit is out of the way to actually get the door open. Also once the door is open the car cannot be started without the key - and chances are that if the thief has the key he won't be farting about trying to break into the car from underneath to open the door!

My girlfriend's a copper (i know, i know:busted_cop:) She said theres a known group operating around Merseyside who are doing this, they use a laptop in someway to gain entry and take what they want! Very worrying!!!!! :ermm: Need one of those thigs they have in South Africe that has a flame thrower inder the car!!!!!!!!

So does that mean it`s not just an Audi fault but real professional crims at work?

now turns out that 23 YES 23 cars were done on the same night 20 of them on the road that leads to my road!!!

What 23 cars! And 20 leading to your road. These guys know what they doing not some crack head who just got lucky or normal just smash windows and make loads of noise! Whats the police said andy?

Ashley

Police have said very little, so far, just that they are building a picture of these crimes, I think they are all in make up for road wars personally!!

Was going to comment on lack of locking box too but as said, it wouldnt be hard to break into it doing more damage. As far as im aware, all the 8L had a lock, my old sport had one. Maybe the lock off of the cabriolet will fit?

I asked about the cabrio lock the other week when I picked my S3 up and the parts dept checked, it would fit but you would need the lock coding for your ignition key which would cost a fortune as they have to match chassis numbers up and send keys the Germany etc...

Oh and I wouldn't mind some of the PM's floating about re this issue to make sure I'm aware of what the toe rags are doing....

My girlfriend's a copper (i know, i know:busted_cop:) She said theres a known group operating around Merseyside who are doing this, they use a laptop in someway to gain entry and take what they want! Very worrying!!!!! :ermm: Need one of those thigs they have in South Africe that has a flame thrower inder the car!!!!!!!!

Actually there were 2 things, one was a briefcase & the other was on the side of the car by the bump trim I believe that basically lit up whoever it was with a gun, but do you wanna risk them accidentally triggering the gun when they get toasted, personally I'd spend money on decent glass to stop the bullet before I set of the barbecue as nerves tend to flinch when under stress huh, from when I remember living there I didnt hear of it much, maybe it didnt go ahead due to accidents causing the gas cannisters to explode, kinda more dangerous with than without tbh

Surely all modern cars have code hopping to prevent being scanned. I know this was something I insisted on when upgrading the alarm on my A4.
But ultimately if you leave anything worth a few quid in the car then you might as well leave it on the pavement. Even with that haul, at least they didn't trash the car getting into it. Could have easily done £1k's worth of damage to the car which would have been more expensive than the value of the goods they stole.
Yes we all leave stuff in the car from time to time, but you only do it up to the point it gets stolen, an expensive lesson but a very worthwhile one. All the kit stolen will be covered on house insurance, just ensure when you claim you say it was all locked in the boot. Anything not locked in the boot will not be covered.

Yeah I believe they do have this, I'd be intrigued to know how they got into 23 cars without a single mark, kinda find that unbelievable if it wasnt Andy advising.

Sorry let me clear it up, some where damaged I think it was a whole group of people some were good some just smashed windows!

Ahh right some decided to not make a mess others decided might aswell be even moer bigger w*nkers and smash windows.
Hope they get caught soon