JMB RetrofitsVolks Autos
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 79
  1. #1
    Ash B's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Cardiff
    Posts
    5,808

    Quick question, opinions please

    Bought a set of rs4 alloys came today which are sh*t quality on these were terrible cost me Ł650.00 Sending them back for a full refund tomorrow.

    Found a set of alloys which i think are nice.
    Just wondering what you guys think? There second hand two months old they were on the golf in the photos. But you reckon they will look good on my lava grey a3? And not chavy? Or you think there too aftermarket and boy racer type?








    Please let me know what you think or what alloys i should go for under Ł1000...Thanks
    Ashley

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    jonnyc's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    846
    I think there horrible personally.. But thats me..

    Ł1000 is enough to get yourself a lovely set of wheels, i'd dont rush into it otherwise your just throwing money away..

    I have my wheels for sale
    MK5 ED30.. Fastest MK5 / 2.0T FSI in the UK - Fastest DSG MK5 in the world!

    12.601 @ 115.85 MPH

  4. #3
    Ash B's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Cardiff
    Posts
    5,808
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyc View Post
    I think there horrible personally.. But thats me..

    Ł1000 is enough to get yourself a lovely set of wheels, i'd dont rush into it otherwise your just throwing money away..

    I have my wheels for sale

    Thanks for that jonny....Yours alloys are lovely.
    But i dont think it would suit my car i was thinking of getting black alloys but then people were like no dont bla bla bla. There no rush just would like some by the end of the month lol(ok maybe a bit of a rush).
    PM me some photos of your alloys please

    Thanks

  5. #4
    Khufu's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    West coast of Scotland
    Posts
    5,693
    I dont like them, sorry. I prefer a wheel to dish out not inwards, plus risk or curbing LOL

    Mind you i quite like the Gallardo's
    2003-2008 1998 Red A3 8L 1.8 Sport
    2008 -> 2003 Akoya Silver A3 8P1 2.0 FSi Sport

  6. #5
    Ash B's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Cardiff
    Posts
    5,808
    Quote Originally Posted by Khufu View Post
    I dont like them, sorry. I prefer a wheel to dish out not inwards, plus risk or curbing LOL

    Thanks for that...Yes risk of curbing lol
    What alloys would you suggest?

  7. #6
    jonnyc's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    846
    What colour is your car mate?
    MK5 ED30.. Fastest MK5 / 2.0T FSI in the UK - Fastest DSG MK5 in the world!

    12.601 @ 115.85 MPH

  8. #7
    mitch78's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    noun: a particular place or position
    Posts
    2,723
    Last edited by mitch78; 25th March 2009 at 13:01.
    Ex 8L S3 driver

    also A3, 320, Golf, Clio, Astra, Focus, Mondeo, Laguna, Escort, Calibra, 220, others and now back to a Focus...

  9. #8
    Ash B's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Cardiff
    Posts
    5,808
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyc View Post
    What colour is your car mate?

    Lava grey jonny so its that confused colour not sure if its grey one minute and almost looks black at times ha

  10. #9
    jonnyc's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    846
    Black wheels would look mean as hell on there!! IMO anyways..

    I would go for something a little more sporty looking than the bling wheels like you posted..
    MK5 ED30.. Fastest MK5 / 2.0T FSI in the UK - Fastest DSG MK5 in the world!

    12.601 @ 115.85 MPH

  11. #10
    jonnyc's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    846
    Quote Originally Posted by mitch78 View Post
    What like? Possibly Speedline Turinis? I hear there's someone selling some for about Ł1,000 with new Yoko Parada tyres, I can't for the life of me remember where I saw them though. If I find out who it was I'll let you know benskin07.
    Lol.. I thought it was quite a discreet plug
    MK5 ED30.. Fastest MK5 / 2.0T FSI in the UK - Fastest DSG MK5 in the world!

    12.601 @ 115.85 MPH

  12. #11
    jamiekip
    Guest
    Any one fancy doing a ponty cruise there proper bo! (allegedly!)

  13. #12
    L60N
    Guest
    I really dont like them. They look like somthing halfords would stock. Your a3 deserves better!

  14. #13
    Fast,not furious's Avatar
    Dealing with an OCD

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Rural Hampshire
    Posts
    411
    I'm with you guys on this one,they look ok on the Golf,although chavvy...
    and defo wouldn't suit the A3.

    Shame about the RS4's though,i had some 18" on my previous A3, i think they were 100 notes/corner,brand new replicas from a company in Ireland. Quality was spot on!


    S3 Brilliant Red - 340bhp

    Custom Code Phase 2 + PSS, Autotech pump, Hybrid Forge/ITG Maxogen CAI /Reflactagold, Sprint Booster, Forge Quickshift, Forge DV, Denso Iridium sparks, PCV mod/oil catch can, R8 oil filler cap, Sachs performance clutch,Exhausts UK custom stainless TBE, Braille no-weight battery,PIAA mirror white DRL's,exterior + interior leds, AndyMac's Sub upgrade, H&R springs, VMR VB3 18x8.5 gunmetal alloys wearing BF Goodrich G-force 235/40

  15. #14
    NHN
    NHN's Avatar
    Modmetractor

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Coding Something
    Posts
    27,126
    Yeah sorry ashley but not being stuck up but definitely not an audi style wheel & they do look very tacky, sorry but you did ask.

    OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

    PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

  16. #15
    DPM
    DPM's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Newcastle/Durham
    Posts
    4,298

    My Social Networking

    Follow DPM On Twitter Add DPM on Facebook Visit DPM's Instagram Channel
    Not liking them... how about some nice BBS RS GT reps...

    http://www.dpmperformance.co.uk/bbs-...ls-c-2170.html

    Damian @ DPM
    DPM Performance
    The premier online suspension and performance specialists
    W: www.dpmperformance.co.uk
    T: 01207 561606
    E: sales@dpmperformance.co.uk

  17. #16
    Ash B's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Cardiff
    Posts
    5,808
    Quote Originally Posted by L60N View Post
    I really dont like them. They look like somthing halfords would stock. Your a3 deserves better!
    Thanks for that l6on...I thought they looked good on the golf but wasnt sure if they look as nice on my a3. Yes my a3 deserves better and i dont really want to ruin the look by putting some alloys on.

    Quote Originally Posted by jamiekip View Post
    Any one fancy doing a ponty cruise there proper bo! (allegedly!)
    lol got any takers jamie? And do you mean ponty in wales?

    Quote Originally Posted by mitch78 View Post
    What like? Possibly Speedline Turinis? I hear there's someone selling some for about Ł1,000 with new Yoko Parada tyres, I can't for the life of me remember where I saw them though. If I find out who it was I'll let you know benskin07.
    thanks for that mitch...jonny selling them lol

    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyc View Post
    Black wheels would look mean as hell on there!! IMO anyways..

    I would go for something a little more sporty looking than the bling wheels like you posted..
    My friend today in work gonna send me a email with some different style black rims on my a3 including yours jonny. So will let you know


    Quote Originally Posted by Fast,not furious View Post
    I'm with you guys on this one,they look ok on the Golf,although chavvy...
    and defo wouldn't suit the A3.

    Shame about the RS4's though,i had some 18" on my previous A3, i think they were 100 notes/corner,brand new replicas from a company in Ireland. Quality was spot on!
    Thanks for that...I thought they look really nice on the golf but i couldnt picture my a3 with them on and then thought i'd probably get htem and not like them so thought i'd ask what you lot think first lol....Yeah i was looking forward to having them on my car but the quailty was terrible they seemed really weak and faint colour. I supoose could have a look on another website for rs4 alloys.

    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    Yeah sorry ashley but not being stuck up but definitely not an audi style wheel & they do look very tacky, sorry but you did ask.
    Thanks for that nigel...No need to be sorry lol i couldnt picture them any way on a a3 just thought they do look good on the golf. How the car mods working out?

    Quote Originally Posted by DPM View Post
    Not liking them... how about some nice BBS RS GT reps...

    http://www.dpmperformance.co.uk/bbs-...ls-c-2170.html

    Damian @ DPM
    good point will have a look now..Found some nice bbs ch reps 18' they look good just about quailty now. Dont really fancy getting another pair of reps and they being sh*t like the rs4 ones.

  18. #17
    DPM
    DPM's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Newcastle/Durham
    Posts
    4,298

    My Social Networking

    Follow DPM On Twitter Add DPM on Facebook Visit DPM's Instagram Channel
    We've got people who have been running them for 2 years with no problems. Only reps we do as they're the only reps we trust.

    Damian @ DPM
    DPM Performance
    The premier online suspension and performance specialists
    W: www.dpmperformance.co.uk
    T: 01207 561606
    E: sales@dpmperformance.co.uk

  19. #18
    Ash B's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Cardiff
    Posts
    5,808
    Quote Originally Posted by DPM View Post
    We've got people who have been running them for 2 years with no problems. Only reps we do as they're the only reps we trust.

    Damian @ DPM
    Damien thanks for that link friend going photoshot some on the alloys on my car...Will pm you now
    Forgot to say the sh*t alloys remark wasnt aimed at you in anyway sorry
    Last edited by Ash B; 10th October 2008 at 12:22.

  20. #19
    Fast,not furious's Avatar
    Dealing with an OCD

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Rural Hampshire
    Posts
    411
    I've remembered the company...performancealloys.com, if it's any use to you?


    S3 Brilliant Red - 340bhp

    Custom Code Phase 2 + PSS, Autotech pump, Hybrid Forge/ITG Maxogen CAI /Reflactagold, Sprint Booster, Forge Quickshift, Forge DV, Denso Iridium sparks, PCV mod/oil catch can, R8 oil filler cap, Sachs performance clutch,Exhausts UK custom stainless TBE, Braille no-weight battery,PIAA mirror white DRL's,exterior + interior leds, AndyMac's Sub upgrade, H&R springs, VMR VB3 18x8.5 gunmetal alloys wearing BF Goodrich G-force 235/40

  21. #20
    JohnS3's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    3,021
    Yes indeed, it needs more girls....


  22. #21
    jamiekip
    Guest
    Ha ha ha ha

  23. #22
    Ash B's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Cardiff
    Posts
    5,808
    Quote Originally Posted by mitch78 View Post
    Look a bit tacky to me, kind of thing you might see on a 1.2 Corsa doing handbrake turns in the local Wickes car park, (on Saturday night at about 7:30pm if you're interested, although they could do with some lessons in website design).


    thanks for that mitch...Yeah my friend just emailed me a photoshop with them on they dont really suit a3 at all... And they do seem like soem thign boy race would have on this 'WELL DONE UP CAR' lol... Lol yes agree need lessons in website design ha

  24. #23
    Ash B's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Cardiff
    Posts
    5,808
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnS3 View Post
    Yes indeed, it needs more girls....

    Haha yes defo more girls

  25. #24
    NHN
    NHN's Avatar
    Modmetractor

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Coding Something
    Posts
    27,126
    Quote Originally Posted by benskin07 View Post
    Thanks for that nigel...No need to be sorry lol i couldnt picture them any way on a a3 just thought they do look good on the golf. How the car mods working out?
    Urrm slowly, keep coming up against walls with parts suppliers, one particular one supplying my optik gril, complete tossers which make end up going to the cops for undelivered goods as its been 8 days now from birkenhead, also S3 parts picking up today to fit as painted, wiring mods are very slowly but surely & had few other ideas along the way, will post when each one done, thanks for asking

    OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

    PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

  26. #25
    DPM
    DPM's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Newcastle/Durham
    Posts
    4,298

    My Social Networking

    Follow DPM On Twitter Add DPM on Facebook Visit DPM's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by benskin07 View Post
    Damien thanks for that link friend going photoshot some on the alloys on my car...Will pm you now
    Forgot to say the sh*t alloys remark wasnt aimed at you in anyway sorry
    DPM Performance
    The premier online suspension and performance specialists
    W: www.dpmperformance.co.uk
    T: 01207 561606
    E: sales@dpmperformance.co.uk

  27. #26
    Khufu's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    West coast of Scotland
    Posts
    5,693
    Quote Originally Posted by DPM View Post
    We've got people who have been running them for 2 years with no problems. Only reps we do as they're the only reps we trust.

    Damian @ DPM
    They look nice but think i'd be scare up here in Scotland that they may not survive the winter salt LOL
    2003-2008 1998 Red A3 8L 1.8 Sport
    2008 -> 2003 Akoya Silver A3 8P1 2.0 FSi Sport

  28. #27
    DPM
    DPM's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Newcastle/Durham
    Posts
    4,298

    My Social Networking

    Follow DPM On Twitter Add DPM on Facebook Visit DPM's Instagram Channel
    Stainless steel dish, just polish it back up.

    Damian @ DPM
    DPM Performance
    The premier online suspension and performance specialists
    W: www.dpmperformance.co.uk
    T: 01207 561606
    E: sales@dpmperformance.co.uk

  29. #28
    Low life livin' the high life.

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,638
    Not keen at all mate, sorry. For a grand you can get some lovely quality wheels. Go for something with that german isometric look about them, nothing too curvy or they just look wrong.

    Sites like www.swtyres.co.uk have a massive library to look at with a good gallery to view various styles.
    A3 2.0T FSI Quattro S-Line, 3 Door, Avus Silver (special ed.)

    For Sale:

    S-Line gear knob, stick and gator.
    Full set of OEM wheel bolts (incl. locking nuts & caps)
    19" BBS CK's Anthracite - SOLD

  30. #29
    PaulAr's Avatar
    S3 (8P)

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Tyne & Wear
    Posts
    4,050
    Im far from being a wheel expert but I dont like them rims.
    cant imagine them looking good on anything?
    Definately a HALFORDS special.

    I would stick to tried and tested (and nice) stuff such as RS4s/BBS CH/and BBS `crosswire`style and even CKs which Im slowly warming to.

    cheers
    Paul

  31. #30
    Ash B's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Cardiff
    Posts
    5,808
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    Urrm slowly, keep coming up against walls with parts suppliers, one particular one supplying my optik gril, complete tossers which make end up going to the cops for undelivered goods as its been 8 days now from birkenhead, also S3 parts picking up today to fit as painted, wiring mods are very slowly but surely & had few other ideas along the way, will post when each one done, thanks for asking

    Aww sorry to hear that hopefully with the optik grill be sorted soon...Quite looking forward to seeing the car al done. Let me know how you get on

    Quote Originally Posted by PNH80 View Post
    Not keen at all mate, sorry. For a grand you can get some lovely quality wheels. Go for something with that german isometric look about them, nothing too curvy or they just look wrong.

    Sites like www.swtyres.co.uk have a massive library to look at with a good gallery to view various styles.
    Thats ok thanks for the site...Will check it out. What you think of the two alloys down below?


    Quote Originally Posted by PaulAr View Post
    Im far from being a wheel expert but I dont like them rims.
    cant imagine them looking good on anything?
    Definately a HALFORDS special.

    I would stick to tried and tested (and nice) stuff such as RS4s/BBS CH/and BBS `crosswire`style and even CKs which Im slowly warming to.

    cheers
    Paul

    Hi paul thanks for that. Found some nice reps of bbs alloys. So get my friend who taking FOREVER to photoshop them onto my car and send them to me here some photos


    Here photo of some bbs alloys 19 for sale on ebay

    And here some bbs reps 18 of the internet and they also on ebay

  32. #31
    Ash B's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Cardiff
    Posts
    5,808
    OR this one

  33. #32
    S3 Big Andy's Avatar
    Stealth Beast Baby Yay

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Bramley Hants
    Posts
    707
    Agree with most those wheels are not right for your Audi, check these out...
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...&Category=9888

    Very tasty wheels, and great tyres too!

    Or buy Jonnys because they are good too,

    Or buy from dpm they are good too,

    Have I covered everyone??

    Good
    Phantom Black, Revo, 450+ BHP , Milltek Evom's, Autotech fuel pump, RS4 brakes 18" Pro Race 1.2 team Dynamics, H&R ARB's, Bilstein PSS10's, Forge Twintercooler, GT3071R, RS4 Injectors, Helix racing clutch, Custom downpipe de-catted straight pipe to back box, 12.6second 1/4 mile! 4.03 sec's 0-60 This isnt just any car, this, THIS WAS the Stealth Beast!!
    Gone but not forgotten
    VCDS GONE TOO
    http://www.andyoram.co.uk





  34. #33
    Ash B's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Cardiff
    Posts
    5,808
    Quote Originally Posted by S3 Big Andy View Post
    Agree with most those wheels are not right for your Audi, check these out...
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...&Category=9888

    Very tasty wheels, and great tyres too!

    Or buy Jonnys because they are good too,

    Or buy from dpm they are good too,

    Have I covered everyone??

    Good

    Yummy they are lovely! Out of my price range though!
    More really looks like jonyns or buy from dpm
    thanks Andy

  35. #34
    NHN
    NHN's Avatar
    Modmetractor

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Coding Something
    Posts
    27,126
    I thought he sold them other day, they are lovely wheels but expensive, not to say not worth, I'd love them but not for that price, only got about 6-800 which is nowhere near what he wants, but they stunning wheels & nice gunmetal colour or do they call it anthracite??

    OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

    PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

  36. #35
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    421
    benskin07 - there's a guy on another forum who re-furbs and sells BBS RC's. There's a choice of finishes. Sells them for Ł575 inc del I think. The only downside (for you anyway) is that I think you'll need adaptors.

    If you want, I can PM you the link?

  37. #36
    Ash B's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Cardiff
    Posts
    5,808
    Quote Originally Posted by davemk View Post
    benskin07 - there's a guy on another forum who re-furbs and sells BBS RC's. There's a choice of finishes. Sells them for Ł575 inc del I think. The only downside (for you anyway) is that I think you'll need adaptors.

    If you want, I can PM you the link?

    Hi dave yes please if you could send me the link please thanks
    Not quite sure what you mean by adaptors mate.

  38. #37
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    421
    PM sent.

    If you want some wheels photoshopping on, post a pic of your car and the wheels you want chopping on. I'll have a go if / when I get some spare time.

  39. #38
    Ash B's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Cardiff
    Posts
    5,808
    Quote Originally Posted by davemk View Post
    PM sent.

    If you want some wheels photoshopping on, post a pic of your car and the wheels you want chopping on. I'll have a go if / when I get some spare time.

    thanks for the pm dave....If you could do some of the alloys below already and these ones...And here the photo of my car. Sorry so big i tried making them smaller wouldnt work
















    Thanks dave

  40. #39
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    421
    Here you go. Excuse the chopping skills but it was only a quick go.





    More to come.

  41. #40
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    421

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO