New Prosport Rolling Road Day 25th October

JustCharlie

Reaction score
Hello people,

I'm organising a rolling road day at Prosport Stockport, a place I know a few of you are familiar with, with a few pals from GolfGTI.co.uk. It will be on Saturday 25th October, price is 40 quid a car, but a fiver of this will go to a charity of our choice. You'll get up to 6 runs to get the best figure for your car and will get a print-out just like last time. Peter will also put some refreshments on. There are also some lads coming from SeatCupra.net so could turn into a bit of a Tfsi shoot out.

We can make a list here if you like listing car and spec, or you could add your name at:

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=92214.msg785348#msg785348

Looking for 20ish cars total, but will do a reserve list as we all know not everyone can make it nearer the time.:yes:

Cheers

Gaz

Prosport need a better way of keeping the cars cool, very important when your dyno testing a highly tuned car especially as the temps can go through the roof in a matter of seconds..

Is there any indication that they will have any more cooling on this day?

Jonny

I mentioned this to Peter when I had my car mapped there, his explanation was because the system the rollers use doesn't load the car as such through the rollers, the heat build up by the engine isn't as great as braked rollers because the engine isn't working so hard, if this is enough to compensate for airflow on the road or the big fans other systems use I'm not sure

Ah ok I see.. Still I think your know what im talking about, I would be well up for it again, especially as I have now got the big turbo kit on the car..

But that puts me off, as my car is running pretty high power etc heat build up will be more of an issue..

You could also post this on S3-talk.com some of the guys on there may be up for it!:)

Thanks

Jonny

You could just get him to do a couple of runs so heat soak isn't such an issue. I know everyone would like to see your motor and how it performs:hubbahubba:

How can a Dyno measure the engine's maximum power if it doesn't push it to its maximum load? Indeed the "brake" of bhp refers to act of applying a load to resist the rotational force of the engine until the point at which the engine is no longer able to overcome the braking effect.
But I'm sure someone will explain...:)

I mentioned this to Peter when I had my car mapped there, his explanation was because the system the rollers use doesn't load the car as such through the rollers, the heat build up by the engine isn't as great as braked rollers because the engine isn't working so hard, if this is enough to compensate for airflow on the road or the big fans other systems use I'm not sure

Prosport need a better way of keeping the cars cool, very important when your dyno testing a highly tuned car especially as the temps can go through the roof in a matter of seconds..

From my experience the TFSi doesn't suffer so much from heatsoak as quickly as the 1.8T's do. I would probably like to see some larger fans being used at ProSport too though.

Yet my own car produced very repeatable figures at Prosport to other RR's it had been on including Awesome GTI where they have a large fan setup.

It should be a bit colder too at the end of this month than it was when we went to ProSport in July, nice denser air. :icon_thumright:

Jonny, have you uprated your intercooler now for your Stage3?

From my experience the TFSi doesn't suffer so much from heatsoak as quickly as the 1.8T's do. I would probably like to see some larger fans being used at ProSport too though.

Yet my own car produced very repeatable figures at Prosport to other RR's it had been on including Awesome GTI where they have a large fan setup.

It should be a bit colder too at the end of this month than it was when we went to ProSport in July, nice denser air. :icon_thumright:

Jonny, have you uprated your intercooler now for your Stage3?

No still running with the S3 intercooler, its very good actually! Inlet temps never go above 38 degrees on runs and quickly recovers back to 35 after a couple of mins..

As soon as I go the next step in terms on power on the car ill be upgrading the intercooler

Jonny

I'd be up for Prosport. Just interested to see what gains teh GIAC has given..

I'll be up for it fella.

Missed the last one and i'm dying to know my car BHP! Count me in!

nice 1, I'll start a list then:), and add your names to the list on GolfGTi.co.uk

L6ON
EAGLE79

Turns out I'm going to be up north so will venture over for this too - get a second set of results on my car for comparison!
I'm interested to see what Leons pulls with the standard air box versus mine with with carbonio and BMC panel....
Put my down for it too JC, but I'll be coming over from the North East so a later slot if possible.

J

When do you need to know by? as jamie might have persuaded me down as part of a mini test of giac mapped s3's.

i do fancy it but im supposed to be working so i might need to try and wangle the day off.

nice 1, I'll start a list then:), and add your names to the list on GolfGTi.co.uk

L6ON
EAGLE79
jamiekip

Over 20 names now guys and a nice mixture of ED30/S3/Cupras to compare.. Looking forward to it..
I'll put you on the list Mitch..

I am up for this, can someone put my name down for a run too please.

we have got 20 names but I'm sure we can squeeze you in pal if its a deffo

yeah its a defo, i'll only need 2 runs if possible, one bluefinned and one standard.

thanks

what time do we need to get there for on Saturday?

will let you know, gonna speak to Peter at Prosport on Monday, Tuesday.

Ok fellas, spoke to Peter at Prosport today and he has confirmed a 9.00am start.
Cars will be grouped together with type so there is less set-up time on the rolling road.

smiley.gif
Gaz S3
smiley.gif
Neg GTI
smiley.gif
bacillus GTi
smiley.gif
john_o ED30
Rob GTI
smiley.gif
Luca ED30
smiley.gif
Ben ED30
smiley.gif
Joesgti GTI
smiley.gif
MAT ed30 GTI ED30
smiley.gif
mikebgti ED30
smiley.gif
Zboyd Leon Cupra Mk2
Ste-lfc Leon Cupra Mk2
Shaunthebeef mk3 16v
smiley.gif
L6ON S3
smiley.gif
EAGLE79 S3
smiley.gif
jamiekip S3
smiley.gif
Hurdy Standard ED30 standard my ar5e
smiley.gif
Mitch 78 S3
smiley.gif
RobinA3 2.0Tfsi quattro

smiley.gif
=confirmed

With regard to a chosen charity cancer related ones are most popular, with macmillan being mentioned regularly so unless anyone has any objections we'll go with this

cheers, give me a shout if I've forgotten anything
smiley.gif

modify_inline.gif

Good work mate - No Block though :( was hoping to catch up with him

looks like you'll be there to here my noise then Jamie, i'm just before you!

ha ha

Bring ear plugs LOL

Oh and the graphs will show any loss of power during the noise! Over 4k

No running order sorted yet fellas, gonna leave it till the day

Good work mate - No Block though :( was hoping to catch up with him

I was hoping to come down jamie but unfortunately the spaces filled up before i could confirm if i could get out of work:Flush:

I was hoping to come down jamie but unfortunately the spaces filled up before i could confirm if i could get out of work:Flush:

Think there may still be slots - Just Charlie????

Guys, im going to have to pull out.. Took a rather large financial hit out of the blue this morning and as such cant really spare the cash on this occasion which is a bit sh*t as I was looking forward to seeing a plot with the GIAC..

Maybe next time :sorry:

Come along anyway!

Excuse to do nothing and look at cars! It will be DIY for you otherwise!

£40 mate - come along, it'll be a laugh. Is Noel coming too?