Facelift S3 front Retrofit

could you let me know who it was who looked into it? Then I could ask him a few questions. I am happy to spend 3K on the upgrade. especially since painting and workmanship will be very cheap for me.

If I am the first to do it,.. then perhaps other may help me and learn from it with some tricks to make it cheaper....

thanks,..

I have a 2009 Rear bumper if any1 is interested!!it is complete with rear valence and can get the bumper support bar aswell, ring me on 07748 271 715 if you want it.

Got photo?

To do the facelift conversion you'll need the bumper, wings, bonnet, lights and wing mirrors. perhaps front panel aswell. also i heard you may need the new undertray but again im not so sure. For the lights i asked around and heard that you can get a hold of a converter for the pin plug in but this might be Bull***t lol i'll let you know if i find out where to get it from of if it is possible.

You can buy the plug from audi for couple of quid, then do the conversion yourself, I suspect its the same 14 pin that I have used for my adaptive upgrade, I used the existing wiring as it was 11 wires only needed & I doubled up on a ground so I managed to use the existing 10 to interior of car then map it to where I needed with soldering & extensions on 2 wires to the onboard module, the difference would be the led drl's, elsawin would be needed but not impossible, but you might need to update the onboard J519 board as I did to get full proper facelift functions as this does effect things alot if old board, trust me, I paid what 40-50 euros for my adapter from kufatec & didnt use it at all as to me new plugs £4 & my time.

A very good morning! I was looking thru this post, and I am also very much interested in doing the 2009 facelift of the S3 on my pre-facelift A3 2.0 TDI - even though i know it may cost a lot.

From what i was reading there was a lot of advise but no concrete result from the thread from someone who has successfully done the conversion?. Was it concluded that it in fact WAS Possible?

so to summarize the questions:

1. Is it possible to do the upgrade?
2. Does anyone have the list of parts to buy from the dealer?
3. An estimation of the cost (less important)

looking forward to your reply as the car is for my wife and i would love to do something nice for her,.. :)

Anythings possible, parts as above plus maybe some internal module/s upgrade dependent on current, yeah 3k would be approximate, but headlights if bixenon adaptive would be £1500 alone, you maybe need the auto levelling adaptive module aswell as new onboard control module, so needs some thought put into it, headlights need a new bracket to fix to aswell I believe, plus maybe new door modules aswell given mirrors have indicators which has to be coded to work from each door, might be some other stuff but off top of my head thats it for now.

where abouts are you so can work out if worth it.

Not far then, hour and half, need to check the images see if I can mod the bumper for my detach towbar 1st, urrmm.

nah K, I have the sport bumper with an sline lower valance cause they didnt do the removeable towbar trim on the S3, so I went to sline with some retrofitting to the sport bumper, trim this, that & cable ties, now looks oem, now the inside of the bumper is different story, sensor glueing looks like a bird has shat on each one, but tell yer this, it would take a kango to break them loose, lol

You are like my dark angel on the right shoulder you know that lol, I will have to block the AS site in my firewall for a few weeks I think so I cant see toys, lol

awe come on, who wouldnt want a 200mW red laser for 40 dollars include free delivery LOL.

just got an email from your bank manager, ive to :shutup2: LOL

lmao, yeah can imagine the news next day, UFO spotted driving eratically on M25 with bright red lights, only in the Sun mind you, lol

Hey, I'm Scottish - we were let to believe the m25 is a carpark??

Well, I'll just keep my links to cold fusion & perpetual motion engine to myself :)

NHN, thanks for the pointers! When I am ready to start the conversion, i shall give all the feedback here. It should be a fun journey.

found this on ebay you can do the conversion if you want its a 09 front end lights everything
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2008-Audi-S3-...14&_trkparms=72:1689|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

Guys,

Has anyone done the retrofit for the new 2009 S3 front on their 08 or prior A3/S3? I have done the prefactlift S3 front on my A3 sportback not long ago but the 2009 facelifted S3 is growing on me...

What parts does it involve? Obviously the new lights, new bumper, new mirrors, and the grill but will I need a new hood? new wings? Other mods?

Parts Lists perhaps? Prices?

Thanks in advance!!!

10Blazin,.. thanks for the link!

I am trying to figure out if this is really the S3 front bumper or the S-line.

is 2000GBP a good price for the whole lot? - front lights, side wings, rear light, rear bumper, front bonnet, front bumper, grill?

I contacted the guy and it seems like a scam. He was answering his phone and we discussed the price. Everything went fine until i needed his adress,.. then it went silent.

he is not reachable anymore, and doesnt pick up his phone.

shall we begin putting negative comments on his ebay site so that no-one else gets screwed?

Yeah have to say he does seem dodgy as he also said to me these things & tbh I dont trust the guy, so pass for me, also if the parts are genuine whose car was nicked to get them, I for one wouldnt wanna support that system

Hey DeckedS3,, when was the last time you saw your car? The parts the manchester guy is selling have the same colour as your car! :) hahaha.

Nice car mate!

It must be very "HOT" if he only wants 1200 for the lot. I am really tempted but usually too good to be true... and not to mention the potential of getting into trouble with the law...

"Cash pick up in Manchester only..." Hm...

Hi guys.

I'm facelifting an 05 S-line to an 09S3 front end. I've got the mirrors, DRL LED's, bonnet, wings, bumper and bracket. I'm having trouble getting the lights to work... I think this is what I need from Kufatec to get it all working, can anyone confirm I'm on the right road?

Auto levelling light complete kit 389.00 E
Headlight washer system harness 39.00 E
Xenon / HID light adaptor 49.00 E

Do I need anything else to complete the job or is there a cheaper/easier way of doing it?

cheers

You might want to look at the door modules to get the indicators working. For the headlights you'll probably need a new central electronics controller. Both will need coding to suit. It's been covered before somewhere, might even be in this thread...
As you've fitted Xenons you should fit the auto leveling kit and washers to be legal.

I'm doing this work at the mo and I can confirm u need bonnet, wings, lights, bumper, auto levelling kit, mirrors, DRL LED adaptors and I'm looking for some door control units for the mirrors but it may be poss to link them in with the orig. side repeater connections.

Although I've got most of the wiring kit from kufatec I'm waiting to find out whether I will need a new washer pump and tank for the headlight washers...

hope this helps...

guys,
Im also wanting to retrofit the new s3/blackedition headlights has anybody done it here or any other forum?

so P5SND from a 8p2 to 8p3? i am wanting to do this with a 5 door so i can get the new led rear lights too. part numers and links to tutorials please

theres plenty of links to the rear light facelift mate, mines a 3door so only the front end info will be of use to you, the front end IS NOT bolt on in any way and requires a large amount of mods to fit properly not soemthing to take on yourself

yea I have seen the info for the back end looks like a swap of lights and your sorted. I have read that the front end is a huge job. I had custom body shop guy telling me he could open the headlights and insert leds in the same location as the 8p3...but would increase the chances of water going into the headlights, also i though to myself the pre facelift lights are different so it mite look naff.
i think i will get the job done from a body shop... just wanted to know in detail what is involved in terms of price, parts and what needs to be done, am getting slighly nervous about the electrics other that that i know the rest will be achievable . please could you direct me to a decent tutorial or info?
cheers

yea I have seen the info for the back end looks like a swap of lights and your sorted. I have read that the front end is a huge job. I had custom body shop guy telling me he could open the headlights and insert leds in the same location as the 8p3...but would increase the chances of water going into the headlights, also i though to myself the pre facelift lights are different so it mite look naff.
i think i will get the job done from a body shop... just wanted to know in detail what is involved in terms of price, parts and what needs to be done, am getting slighly nervous about the electrics other that that i know the rest will be achievable . please could you direct me to a decent tutorial or info?
cheers

As Phil said mate go over on vagoc.co.uk do a search by his user name phil and should bring up his thread. Good luck

Ive been trying at work and not dun nowt gotta finisha website end of week!!!! and am searching 8p3 s3 conversion like mad!!! registered at vagoc but can seem to find it,even looked under phil. sorry this is my first forum.

Ive been trying at work and not dun nowt gotta finisha website end of week!!!! and am searching 8p3 s3 conversion like mad!!! registered at vagoc but can seem to find it,even looked under phil. sorry this is my first forum.

Not a problem..Well when i asked Phil for a list as i've started gathering parts for my next car to do the conversion and this was the list i was given.

Bonnet
Bumper (im assiming that it is complete with all the trim and supports)
Grills
Washerjets
Bonnet hinges (+2mm spacers)
Front crashbar and supports (there is no chance of trimming these do it right and get them
bonnet catch (both on the rad surround and on the bonnet)
brackets from audi to modify to fit the wings
New undercovers
Headlights complete with powerpacks (no chance of using the old ones)
Wing mirrors would require trimming to fit prefacelift doors
New Rad surround (captive nuts for this on the inner wings need removed the holes elongated inwards and the nuts then retacked to suit)

Optional differences
New rear s3 valance
New door handles and covers
New tailgate
New rear lights

Hope that helps. Phil probably post a link for you once he back online

Reactions: r-y-e
cheerz mate i got some prices from audi for the wings,bonnet, bumper and lights for the new black edition,worked out about 1200. im assuming the blk ed has the same drls at the top as the s3? becoz the parts guy said there are two types and i want the xenon leds not hologen.
this price im guessin is without the fogs, grill for the bumper?
i was wondering will a pre facelift sline grill fit the black edition bumper? and what rear bumper will i require to get the new bottom valances like the s3/black edition?can i have a pre facelift sline bumper with the new bottom valance
thanks for all your help

cheerz mate i got some prices from audi for the wings,bonnet, bumper and lights for the new black edition,worked out about 1200. im assuming the blk ed has the same drls at the top as the s3? becoz the parts guy said there are two types and i want the xenon leds not hologen.
this price im guessin is without the fogs, grill for the bumper?
i was wondering will a pre facelift sline grill fit the black edition bumper? and what rear bumper will i require to get the new bottom valances like the s3/black edition?can i have a pre facelift sline bumper with the new bottom valance
thanks for all your help

No problem. No nothing from the older A3 will fit the newer A3. So you will need a new grill fog lights fog lights surround etc. You will need the new A3 bumper either s-line/black edition or S3 for the new valance to fit. In less they quoted you for the standard A3 headlights? And not the LED DRL that S3/Black Editions have. No problem the man you really need to speak to is Phil as he currently doing the conversion on his S3. May even be worth check ebay or piston heads for breakers breaking up the newer A3 could get the wings and bonnet from them so alot cheaper. If you do decide to go down that route get part numbers first and photo to check there the correct part.
Sorry cant be more help
Ashley

I asked for the black edition headlights, he said there are two types and quoted me 270 each but i was thinking aint that cheap for the new drls?dont know if there are xenon and halogen drls for the black ed so i need to know that 2. i will need to get a 08-10 sline/s3/black ed bumper for the back for the lower valance?do you know is the bumper a straight swap? by the way this is all going on a 5 door.
sorry about so many questions. i will wait for phil to feed me some more info

I asked for the black edition headlights, he said there are two types and quoted me 270 each but i was thinking aint that cheap for the new drls?dont know if there are xenon and halogen drls for the black ed so i need to know that 2. i will need to get a 08-10 sline/s3/black ed bumper for the back for the lower valance?do you know is the bumper a straight swap? by the way this is all going on a 5 door.
sorry about so many questions. i will wait for phil to feed me some more info

Yeah thats seems quite cheap, get an s3 or black edition a3 reg off autotrader quote it over to audi. And say you want the xenon drl headlights. You will need an 58reg-60reg S3 rear bumper or 58-60reg A3 black edition/s-line rear bumper and valance. Needs to be the new facelift model if its the pre-facelift you wont be able to fit the lower valance without modding it. Sure i seen some where on the forum that its just easy to get the bumper and valance. Yeah straight swop i have 2009 s-line/black edition rear bumper/valance on my A3. I just had to change one bit of trim which was £12. Wont make a difference if you have an 5door or 3door. Still got to get the new bumper/valance. Just make sure for the rear end you get 5door black edition/sline rear bumper/valance.
No problem thats what forums are here for to help each other out.