Ouch - will it polish out ?

Gti Jazz Blue

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Well not a good Morning. I was in Poole on my way back from a meeting and a Hugairian (sp) lorry drive decided that my passenger door required modifying.

He didn't speak English but phoned his office and handed me over a copy of his Green Card. I also confirmed his name from his Hungairian Identity Card (no-Passport).

Anyway do you recon it will polish out ?

PIC_0010.jpg

This is where it occurred on the A35 in Poole on the approach to the Pottery Junction roundabout.

PIC_0002.jpg

I was in the RH lane doing about 15-20MPG behind a couple of cars slowing for the Roundabout and he was in the LH lane and decided he needed to be in the RH lane to turn right at the roundabout.

The offending object (phone photo)

DSC00005.jpg

Looks like a new door to me - sill looks OK but there is a small dent behind the door on the rear quarter, which I hope will tickle out and be resprayed as I don't fancy having the rear quarter replaced.

I have refered it to my Legal Protection, the car is driveable though so I will wait for a few days to see if the driver admits liability.

So I'm a bit cheesed off, but at least I'm OK as it was a slow impact.

Paul

What a nightmare mate!

Not what you need hey.

My bro had a similar issue with a german lorry driver. All was sorted with no issues and I'm sure it will eb the same for you. Can't be nice tangling with something that big!

15-20MPG?

looks like a new door should sort it - but I'd maybe get the sill checked out to make sure it hasn't weakenend anything down there.

It was a slow impact and it was his front rh corner, where the step is to climb up into the cab.

Car drives and feels fine, more a glancing blow, it did make quite a noise when he hit the door and I went for the horn. He has also left me some of the nice Yellow paint that his cab is in.

Paul

GTI, you have the right to get your car taken to an audi dealership mate, i am with Admiral and my wife did 3 of my cars in within 8 weeks, everytime i haggled like mad but got the cars taken in. the Q7 had a 13 year body and paint work warranty (or something like it) and it would be null and void if the repairs were not carried out by a authorised dealer, same for my A3. get his insurance to fork out for it!!

if you need any advice i can tell you how i got on etc, pm me.

Dont most Adui delaers have a system were by you contact them and they manage it ened to end for you?
You get a like for like value car in the interim adn they claim it all back of the other partioes insurance.

Sorry to hear about that..Not what you need. But think could of been worse if if he was going faster but your ok so thats good.

What a ******!

At least you are ok though.

Hope it gets sorted out soon without any problems.