Hardest decision of my life

lil_coz

Reaction score
Hey guys. Haven't posted here a while but I've been floating about and now I need your advice!

As some of you may know I've got a job outside the country and my car is now sitting at home slowly eating away at my money. So I've decided to sell... I love my car to bits, worked my a$$ off to be able to buy it and now not even a year in its time to sell.

I can afford to keep it but it makes finacial sense to sell it and save the money for something else in the future.

My car's details are in my signature and its got 6500 miles on the clock and in IMMACULATE condition. Am I off my rocker to think I can get at least £20k for it?

Any advice appreciated (but please tell me I'm doing the right thing!!)

Thanks, Coss.

Hey mate - sorry to hear you're having to sell, but agree with your circumstances it makes sense.
What did you pay for it new???

Year would help mate & 20k seems steep but depends on age I guess, but mileage denotes new so seems logical to think of this amount, but unfortunately car prices new/used taking massive hit, TBH if its not gonna be used for ages then whats point in standing for so long & lose more, had same dilemma with my S3 & my S4 B6 & it sucked but in end they had to go as pointless standing losing more money

Hey mate - sorry to hear you're having to sell, but agree with your circumstances it makes sense.
What did you pay for it new???

Well it should have been just over £30k but I paid £26k.

Coss

Maybe £20k is a tad optimistic in the current climate, but if there is no rush, then give it a shot.
It's got all the toys so could be snapped up.

Just pm you again. Hope it was some help

But as jamie said no rush then give it ago and wit hteh info you gave me some one should take it be a good buy

I have just solf mine last night for 25500. 9700 Miles Etc.

Sold on Pistonheads.

David

I forgot to mention on here that it was registered November 07 (so on a 57 plate). Parkers has my car in basic form with average mileage at £17,160. So surely with the extras and much lower mileage would bump it up to £20k? I'll try my local first, see what they'll offer me. They've had good business from us as a family so hopefully they'll give me a good deal.

Ashley, I forgot to mention to you that my local dealership and where the car was bought is Hitchin Audi. Thanks for all your info.

Coss

My local dealer offered 17k for mine with more miles and less spec than yours.

I wouldn't go at 20k but maybe 19,495. It's more appealing to a larger demographic that way and you may have greater interest.

I wouldn't go at 20k but maybe 19,495. It's more appealing to a larger demographic that way and you may have greater interest.

I have no idea what you said... I'm sure it was helpful but your avatar is just a massive distraction! :hubbahubba:

Thanks for the info guys.

I forgot to mention on here that it was registered November 07 (so on a 57 plate). Parkers has my car in basic form with average mileage at £17,160. So surely with the extras and much lower mileage would bump it up to £20k? I'll try my local first, see what they'll offer me. They've had good business from us as a family so hopefully they'll give me a good deal.

Ashley, I forgot to mention to you that my local dealership and where the car was bought is Hitchin Audi. Thanks for all your info.

Coss

Its ok...Hope i was able to help a little bit. Let us know how you get on.

ashley

Vauxhall have a link to Glass' part exchange valuation (IOwners > Value my car). Assuming yours is 3 dr:

Part-exchange Price:
Excellent condition:
£17200
Average condition:
£15300
Below average condition:
£13600

I have been looking at 2.0T Petrol DSG Sportbacks for a while and reckon that after a couple of years they lose about £100/month in depreciation and 10p/mile when priced at an Audi dealer.