Buying 2009 S3 Sportback: I have a question

Aspen

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I thought this would be the place to ask. I am about to sign the paperwork for my new s3 sportback, and after driving the TTS and seeing how great magnetic ride was at switching between comfortable to normal S suspension I thought I'd order it on the S3.

However, I read a review earier that said it makes no where near as much difference on the S3 as it does to the TTS. So my question is, is it worht the extra £800 odd quid?

Has anyone got it?

Andy

My old TTS obviously had mag ride. 99% of the time it was left alone, on B roads it just didnt work - its designed for nice smooth roads/the track.

I would save your money.

Yeah few other people have said it isnt much cop, just use the £800 etc for a decent aftermarket suspension system.

Didnt notice it at all on the TT-S I had either... stick the cash into summat else...

I see huge difrence between my old S3 without magnetic ride and my current S3 sportback with it. It's worth paying money for it.

oky dokey, I am pretty confused now.

I must say both my wife and I noticed a massive difference in the Mag Ride on the TTS. Basically she didn't need a reinforced bra when it was turned off. :blow:

just not sure about it's effect in a heavier (non aluminium) vehicle.

oky dokey, I am pretty confused now.

I must say both my wife and I noticed a massive difference in the Mag Ride on the TTS. Basically she didn't need a reinforced bra when it was turned off. :blow:

just not sure about it's effect in a heavier (non aluminium) vehicle.

Even the dealer said to me not to bother as it was a waste of money and as you can see I have most options so he had no reason to state otherwise.

Its only good for the track apparently where its driven really hard, on the road most people cant even tell the difference.

Even the dealer said to me not to bother as it was a waste of money and as you can see I have most options so he had no reason to state otherwise..

Rofl

[ytv]uh1jB4hVJRg[/ytv]

Even the dealer said to me not to bother as it was a waste of money and as you can see I have most options so he had no reason to state otherwise.

Its only good for the track apparently where its driven really hard, on the road most people cant even tell the difference.

When I first pushed the button on my TTS I stuggled to notice it, but after a week or so using it on B roads it was crap. Too firm and the car was skittish.

It will add sod all come resale time, infact people might think - another thing to go wrong.

I see huge difrence between my old S3 without magnetic ride and my current S3 sportback with it. It's worth paying money for it.

But have you driven a few thousand miles in new std Sportback to see if there is a big difference. Bear in mind you have a facelifted car and someone could come on here that owned an old shape 8p and now a new sportback non mag ride and say the same.

But have you driven a few thousand miles in new std Sportback to see if there is a big difference. Bear in mind you have a facelifted car and someone could come on here that owned an old shape 8p and now a new sportback non mag ride and say the same.

Next week my friend will receive his new S3 sportback without magnetic ride so we will test it ASAP.

:lmfao: love it "stopemfromflopinVorsprungDurkTechnique"

right I have stuffed the mag ride, and added some extra money for the open sky system instead.

I don't see the point myself, but the missus says if she's got to suffer with knackered b**bs she wants the wind in her hair to take her mind off it.

lol, good move open sky TBH, she can watch the stars while you christen the car, lol

funny, that was her idea,

not on my bl**dy new silk nappa love!!!