RADWELD RADIATOR LEAK SOLUTION

RGC

Keep on rollin
Reaction score
Hi,,

well i have a leak on my 2.0 TDi radiator,,, small leak nothing major just a small patch of coolant under the car when morning comes,

was wondering if it would be OK to use a fix additive to the coolant to sort it?

radweld or something similar

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/...ategoryId_58760_crumb__parentcategoryrn_58760

:footy:

i used radweld for my polo 16v a few years back and it worked a treat!

Personally, I wouldn't, as how do you know that the stuff only adheres to the leaking area? You will have the stuff floating around your system until you next change the coolant and it could, at least in theory, decide to attach itself anywhere.

These products are OK to get you home if you have a leak, so that they are only in your system for a few days and you can then wash them out when you repair the leak properly. IMHO, they shouldn't be used for a long-term solution...get the leak fixed/replace the radiator ;) .

Phil

will be a big job to replace rad, as air-con will need to be dumped and re-gassed as there are 3 radiators together water/air-con/turbo inter-cooler so looking for quick fix,

it says on the tin that it's a permanent fix and i can always replace coolant say a week later after its worked... (hopefully :rolleyes:)

:thumbsup:

hi m8, u should be fine to use radweld, ive used it on loads of cars, it wont damage anything in the cooling system, it fixes the leak by blocking the small hole in the rad etc and semi hardens by air activation if u know what i mean .

Not really ideal.
It may provide a temp. "get you home repair", chances are the fault will come back when you least need it.

Personally, I wouldn't, as how do you know that the stuff only adheres to the leaking area? You will have the stuff floating around your system until you next change the coolant and it could, at least in theory, decide to attach itself anywhere.

These products are OK to get you home if you have a leak, so that they are only in your system for a few days and you can then wash them out when you repair the leak properly. IMHO, they shouldn't be used for a long-term solution...get the leak fixed/replace the radiator ;) .

Phil
:iagree: