Chris NottBadger5
    Stealth Beast Baby Yay

Status

REVO kicks ass at Regal rolling road day!

Not one to gloat but WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOO

My revo re map kicked your butts!!!

My first run with my B setting was 329.6 bhp & 321.3 lbft torque!

My second was on my C setting 326.6 bhp & 306.7 lbft torque!

So its revo all the way for me baby!!!!

Phantom Black, Revo, 450+ BHP , Milltek Evom's, Autotech fuel pump, RS4 brakes 18" Pro Race 1.2 team Dynamics, H&R ARB's, Bilstein PSS10's, Forge Twintercooler, GT3071R, RS4 Injectors, Helix racing clutch, Custom downpipe de-catted straight pipe to back box, 12.6second 1/4 mile! 4.03 sec's 0-60 This isnt just any car, this, THIS WAS the Stealth Beast!!
    Gone but not forgotten
    VCDS GONE TOO
    http://www.andyoram.co.uk

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Good plots Andy! Would be interesting to see a Revo map with a Forge CAI and see the difference!
    Who said speed kills!?!?....But dangerous driving on the other hand....
    Ibis White S3 Sportback - ?bhp - ?lb/ft (Being Fixed)
    Mods: LED's Throughout, Milltek TBE, Revo S2+, Forge CAI (Gold), K&W V3's 25mm, H&R ARB's, Powerflex Bushes, Autotech HPFP, Sachs Clutch, Forge DV, Jonny's PCV Mod, Defi Boost Gauge, Pro Alloy Intercooler, 18" OZ Alleggerita's, NGK Iridium Spark Plugs, VI Performance Monitor, Road Angel Pro Connected
    Full OEM Springs and Shocks for sale from 2008 S3 CLICK ME

1st Gear

Status
    A nice confirmation that your car is sorted then andy

how did they others come on?

Stealth Beast Baby Yay

Status
    The others can tell you their results!!
    But the 2 revo's Saf had the other one where top!!
    Phantom Black, Revo, 450+ BHP , Milltek Evom's, Autotech fuel pump, RS4 brakes 18" Pro Race 1.2 team Dynamics, H&R ARB's, Bilstein PSS10's, Forge Twintercooler, GT3071R, RS4 Injectors, Helix racing clutch, Custom downpipe de-catted straight pipe to back box, 12.6second 1/4 mile! 4.03 sec's 0-60 This isnt just any car, this, THIS WAS the Stealth Beast!!
    Gone but not forgotten
    VCDS GONE TOO

1st Gear

Status
    aye but you two are both running stuff other than just a map tho.

Stealth Beast Baby Yay

Status
    As if!
    oh, its in my signature damn!
    Gone but not forgotten
    VCDS GONE TOO

jamiekip
    Quote Originally Posted by S3 Big Andy View Post
    The others can tell you their results!!
    But the 2 revo's Saf had the other one where top!!
    Here we goooo!
    Not quite true, as my second run was the second best on the day with a GIAC and 314bhp & 305.2 lbft!!! Without the Milltek
    Last edited by jamiekip; 4th October 2008 at 18:51.

Stealth Beast Baby Yay

Status
    Jamie I forgot about that run! but at least you were in a real car not one of those hairdressers white TT-S
    Gone but not forgotten
    VCDS GONE TOO

jamiekip
    It must have been the new spark plugs you put in that did it any way Andy

1st Gear

Status
    that's awsome andy!

glad you're happy with the new setup; how come you didn't run it on A?

3rd Gear

Status
    If i've said it once, I've said it a million times.....REVO FTFW!!!!

Well done Andy!
    2012 RS3 / Daytona Grey / Alu pack / revo3+ / LOBA500P / LOBA CNC Intake pipe / LOBA HPFP / Forge Race FMIC / Milltek resonated exhaust / revo intake system / Devils own WMI / 20" BBS CH-R Titanium / H&R Monotube coilovers / H&R Anti Roll bars / Alu Roof rails / Hybrid RS grille / R8 paddle shifters /

Stealth Beast Baby Yay

Status
    Carl, A is 8 6 9 B is 9 6 9 A was for hot temps, and it was bloody cold down there!!!
    Gone but not forgotten
    VCDS GONE TOO

1st Gear

Status
    ahhhh i see

thought it was the other way round; how was the drive down....quick?

Reverse Gear

Status
    and yet you seemed a tad disappointed with the results at the time

Amazing car and well deserved honours today
    A3 - 2.0TFSI - S-Line - S-tronic - 224.7BHP and no mods yet!

Stealth Beast Baby Yay

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by revo carl View Post
    ahhhh i see

thought it was the other way round; how was the drive down....quick?
    You could say that!!
    Gone but not forgotten
    VCDS GONE TOO

6th Gear

Status
    hahah and theres me about to GIAC.... I think Im gonna decide come ADI..

cracking results tho Andy.

Status
    nice one Andy

jamiekip
    Quote Originally Posted by Kontraband View Post
    hahah and theres me about to GIAC.... I think Im gonna decide come ADI..

cracking results tho Andy.
    Safe yourself the money on the Zorst and get a GIAC only 15bhp behind Andy's and for 1300 less!
    Haha just getting my own back Andy

jamiekip
    Not one to gloat but

In all seriousness Andy, what do you think is going on between 5000 & 6000rpm.
    Power flattens off and picks up again?
    Is that fuel pump related do you think?
    Was just looking at mine and power builds constantly in one progressive arc.

J

2nd Gear

Status
    must say jamie, was very impressed with ur second run its interesting how a quick drive in the car makes such a big difference! will remember that next time....

revo stage2, Milltek TB non res, forge cai, forge dv, HnR springs,bbs ch black eddition, optics grill, LaminX, lcr splitter.....
    soon to come....gloss balck front and rear valance, side mirrors, RS4 brakes, revo stage 2+, fuel pump......

Stealth Beast Baby Yay

Status
    Jamie, you may have hit the nail on the head! I have sent the results to TTS Roadsport so we will look at it this week, if it comes to it new fuel pump it is!!!
    Mind you that'll add 30bhp so you'll have a lot of catching up to do Jamie
    Gone but not forgotten
    VCDS GONE TOO

jamiekip
    Quote Originally Posted by S3 SAF View Post
    must say jamie, was very impressed with ur second run its interesting how a quick drive in the car makes such a big difference! will remember that next time....
    I agree Saf... I think it just goes to show what a lottery the rolling roads really are, too many variances to take the figures as 100% assured!
    Was good fun though, and must admit the 2nd run hit my expectations.

jamiekip
    Jamie, you may have hit the nail on the head! I have sent the results to TTS Roadsport so we will look at it this week, if it comes to it new fuel pump it is!!!
    Mind you that'll add 30bhp so you'll have a lot of catching up to do Jamie
    If it is the fuel pump, the upgrade will no doubt make your torque stay higher longer too... now that would make a huge difference in real day to day driving. Will it add more power too, or just keep it more constant through the mid range?

You can go ahead and chase down Jonny's power figures. I'm not sure I'm going to go the exhaust route as I'll only have the car another 12 months or so and 1300 is just a mod too far for me.
    I may have a chat with Regal about getting an Evoms when they arrive, but I'm conscious that getting great airflow in, only to force it out though the standard twin cat system and get more back pressure may not be the best thing to do.

If the car stays as it is I'll be pretty happy, I mean the figures are pretty staisfying TBH.

I would LOVE the RS brake conversion on yours though, I really think that is a great mod mate big thumbs up on that

2nd Gear

Status
    definate the brakes look amazing mate the standard brakes aint all that as there made out to be and the RS brkes are definately the way to go...

revo stage2, Milltek TB non res, forge cai, forge dv, HnR springs,bbs ch black eddition, optics grill, LaminX, lcr splitter.....
    soon to come....gloss balck front and rear valance, side mirrors, RS4 brakes, revo stage 2+, fuel pump......

Stealth Beast Baby Yay

Status
    Nicked from the other thread on this subject!

I have always had the drop off around 5500 rpm, any ideas why??
    Gone but not forgotten
    VCDS GONE TOO

2008 Audi S3

Status
    Probably with the way that Revo boosts? Probably boosts high early but then heat or whatever causes it to lose some steam at the top end, whereas the other one is kept all the way through (albeit lower)?

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by sakkie69 View Post
    Probably with the way that Revo boosts? Probably boosts high early but then heat or whatever causes it to lose some steam at the top end, whereas the other one is kept all the way through (albeit lower)?
    If you have a SPS you can sort that issue out quite easily. Drop your boost and timing and you should see that curve improve...The area where it dips like that is definitely timing pull. Have you done any data logging on your car?
    2012 RS3 / Daytona Grey / Alu pack / revo3+ / LOBA500P / LOBA CNC Intake pipe / LOBA HPFP / Forge Race FMIC / Milltek resonated exhaust / revo intake system / Devils own WMI / 20" BBS CH-R Titanium / H&R Monotube coilovers / H&R Anti Roll bars / Alu Roof rails / Hybrid RS grille / R8 paddle shifters /

4th Gear

Status
    Hmm.. I would say that its pretty much completely pointless comparing a Revo mapped car with exhaust and intake to a otherwise standard GIAC mapped car..

A fairer comparison would be between my Giac Hammer map with the extra modifications made to the exhaust and intake.. It made 358bhp and 348ft/lbs (on Regals dyno)

Giac ftwimwuthtutueuw..

Jonny
    MK5 ED30.. Fastest MK5 / 2.0T FSI in the UK - Fastest DSG MK5 in the world!

12.601 @ 115.85 MPH

jamiekip
    that should stir it up a little!

I agree though - it would be really good to try and get some like for like cars on the rollers on the same day and prepapred in the same circumstances.... in the name of science obviously!

6th Gear

Status
    gotta love science!

jamiekip

Stealth Beast Baby Yay

Status
    Damn Jonny's back in town!!!
    Gone but not forgotten
    VCDS GONE TOO

4th Gear

Status
    Damn Jonny's back in town!!!
    Herrooooooooow
    MK5 ED30.. Fastest MK5 / 2.0T FSI in the UK - Fastest DSG MK5 in the world!

12.601 @ 115.85 MPH