If you've got an iphone or ipod touch.....

davemk

Reaction score
....you might be interested in this little bit of kit - http://www.devtoaster.com/products/rev/index.html

Taken from their website:

"Rev is an application for the iPhone and iPod Touch that provides graphical representations of real-time vehicle data. By communicating directly with your vehicle's ECU, Rev can monitor several vehicle metrics:
  • Vehicle Speed
  • RPM
  • Fuel Consumption
  • Engine Coolant Temperature
  • Fuel Pressure
  • and lots more!
Rev also reads and lists engine codes (like those responsible for your Check Engine/MIL light), and allows you to reset them as well!"

Be nice if Ross-Tech would buddy up with a wireless obd connector company & manufacture one as I get fed up sometimes plugging cable in/out, actually it gives me an idea now, urrm why didnt I think of that before

im wondering about a micro PC in the glovebox connected to the RNSE/OBD2. A lot of options open there. They never released software for a palm version did they?

with an SSD & not sure about software, I was just thinking of putting a USB port in the dash or centre console somewhere hidden & having the lead connected to this all the time so all I did was plug a usb extension lead into the usb port & saves me fondling in the footwell all the damn time, ye I realise it would be pain removing should you wanna use on another car but just thoughts at moment, actually I might just move the ****** port somewhere more convenient

I'm all for fondling in the footwells ;-) just know you can get some pretty small form factor 12v PCs that you can output to RCA, keyboard/mouse is the only issue. You would need the correct vagcom lead that supports latest software which wouldnt be a tru port but I guess that wouldnt be a problem. Your option sounds better for a person who will be selling in 6 months time anyhow?

nudge nudge wink wink, say no more, lol

yeah thinking about, as the fuse cover comes of & leaves a gap that would work nicely to tuck the cable in there until needed externally or car sold & easily removed/installed again if I was to move the port up, now you got me going on a new mod, lol

S3 bodykit all painted, going mon/tues to fit, just awaiting the new reinforcement bar to arrive.

you not going to trim yours? Thought Mr Dremil would save you buying. Car is going to look the berries!!! I see some guy is trying to sell an O/S fog surround on ebay but he is asking almost retail!

Didnt wanna risk it tbh for insurance reasons & safety factors, as was only £40 thought feck it why not, also can sell as whole kit anyway to someone so get money back somehow fella, also saves me time when fitting as gotta fit on site about 30 miles from me so dont wanna leave over night, should only take few hours at most but cant be ***** to get my new grinder out(no comments either)

:beerchug:

Somethings seem better on paper than in the real world. Like the phrase, just remove the single DIN cage and insert double DIN cage LOL

lol, yeah thats such a true fecking statement, that SD & DD were a couple of bitches to get in/out for the RNS, lol, but well worth the struggle.

Just made deal with Robin for his 30mm pro springs so thats cool, now all I need are new sorbers & TBH when all this lot done & complete my wiring mods in process she's finished, feck what am I gonna do then, I have an idea for lowering side mirrors for parking but trying to work out the circuitry, figured 99% of it but its just 1 small little ****** thing, which I can do via a push to touch switch but prefer it all auto

images?? as never seen these b4

I did however order some nice matt TT vents, wanted to see which would be better, S3 Vents(already got) or TT ones, I do find the S3 ones are nice look good but maybe bit to bling for me, we'll soon see as one set will be sold next week no doubt, lol

not yet, I was over in the IOM last week. I flew as the weather was so bad I gave up the idea of taking my VFR750. My mate that stays in Port Erin has a TT quattro and while FLYING round a few scary hairpins I got the idea of trying to make chrome/brushed alloy bars for the A3. Dude, Im struggling to come up with ideas that haven't been done!

ye thats true, only so much you can put in a car huh, but I'm a technology person, anything I can think of in a car that makes my life easier I'll give a go