A3 8P VAGCOM HELP

1wheelonly

cabriolet
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
my father in law has an a3 8p and im trying to do a few things to it.
done the one press unlock all doors and lock all at 15kmh.

1st thing alarm beeps, trying to change the values to beep and flash and it wont allow,in fact the value that is already stored seems to be beep but it is only flashing.

2nd needles only on instrument light up,i cant find anything.

3rd flashing third brake light ?????????

any help would be greatfull
thanks in advance

the alarm beep\flash will only work if it is an audi alarm. the lights should always flash though even without an alarm.

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showpost.php?p=496248&postcount=9

2)
Select 17 (Instruments)
Coding -> Function 07
The last digit controls the instrument lighting when the exterior lights are off.

Mine has just needles lit (which I think is a 7). You can change the values from 0 to 9. I think 0-4 is for US and 5-9 EU.

The options are (I think) :
0/5 No Lighting
1/6 Back Lighting
2/7 Needles
3/8 Both
4/9 ?

3)

Select 09 (Central Electronics)
Long Coding -> Function 07
Byte 17 Bit 0 Emergency Brake Flash Light active

thanks again marc

you say last digit =7 for needles only which i get but on the list you provided you put
0/5 No Lighting
1/6 Back Lighting
2/7 Needles
3/8 Both
4/9 ?

what is 0/5 1/6 2/7 etc i dont understand what the first number and the dash is for, sorry if im being dumb mate.

one more thing, can i have the third brake light flashing on my a4 b6 cab?
cheers again mate

thanks again marc

you say last digit =7 for needles only which i get but on the list you provided you put
0/5 No Lighting
1/6 Back Lighting
2/7 Needles
3/8 Both
4/9 ?

what is 0/5 1/6 2/7 etc i dont understand what the first number and the dash is for, sorry if im being dumb mate.

one more thing, can i have the third brake light flashing on my a4 b6 cab?
cheers again mate

the two numbers mean you can use either/or - i.e. you can use 2 or 7. I think the 0-4 are for the US market, but I can't tell what the difference is.

The third brake light should work on the a4 cab. if you enable it and then find a clear road and brake rapidly from about 40-10mph and the hazards should come on. the third brake light should also flash.

marc
his a3 does have the audi alarm but something doesnt seem right.
Select 46 (Comfort System)
Adaptation -> Function 10

-> Channel 007 (Unlock Message - Remote)
Return message when unlocking via remote control.
0 - No return message
1 - Beep
2 - Blink
3 - Beep & Blink

got this up on vagcom and his is set to 1 (beep) but only flashes and will not allow you to change/save 3 (beep & blink)
like i said it does have the alarm as it has gone off before when he left the windows open.

will the third brake light settings be in the same place and same codes on an a4 as the ones you gave me for the a3.
sorry for all the questions mate.

if you go into the long coding helper for the alarm it should give you a series of options for locking and unlocking with key\remote.

the only thing to double check is whether or not it is a genuine audi alarm. some dealers have been known to take the order from you for the alarm, not put that through to the factory and then get the local alarm dude to fit one before you take delivery. they pocket a couple of hundred quid and pay the dude 50 quid to stick it in. it will still function off the audi key and you'll be none the wiser.

yeah, the "emergency brake light flash active" setting should be in the same place.

As Marc says you have to Long Code to get the confirmation beep the adaption channel change doesn't work.

I would recommend that you save a full scan so that you always have a reference point to refer back to with the original module codings.

Paul