Going from pre-facelift bumper to facelift?

FrOgR

Reaction score
Hi guys can anyone tell me if it's possible to go from the first A3 8P bumper to the facelift? I don't like the bumper on my 04 and want the big grill bumper. Think someone told me once that it was the bumper and the bonnet that was needed but would like it confirming if true.

TIA

John

will pm you now was going to do this myself but changed my mind

ashley

any particluar reasons? I'm planning to do it at some point (££££). My choice was whether to go for the S3 instead of s-line. The former looking better but is a) more expensive and b)pretentious?

any particluar reasons? I'm planning to do it at some point (££££). My choice was whether to go for the S3 instead of s-line. The former looking better but is a) more expensive and b)pretentious?

No reason just costs a bit and im looking getting a new car after january so i didnt think it was any point wasting the money. If i was keeping my a3 now for a year or so i'd defo do the change but im not. Im going to be upgrading next year or even sooner this year if i can find the right car.

If your going to do it and have s3 grill bonnet and bumper will cost a bit more then if you was going for standard a3 or s-line stuff. If you did go for s3 would look better but would you want the car to look like a s3 with badges or would you not put them on? You can always get the chrome lines like the s3 there a thread on here some one bought this material i think it cost left then £10 and looks good. See if i can find the thread and post it for you.

But if i was keeping the car for a year or so i'd 100% do it but i know im
not going to so rather put the money towards a new car.
Hope this helps

I'm in middle of doing mine with the S3 body, front & sides, I'll post when done, wasnt cheap, but I get 10% of audi & friend in paint side so saves bit, I did shop about for some parts from ebay like new fogs & grill which if you need let me know & will try to help.

I'd prefer the S3 bumper but no way I'd put the S3 badge on, i wouldnt really want the s-line either but I may have no option as I'd need something LOL

Thanks for offer Nigel :beerchug:

No worries anytime

Not sure I'd have a badge TBH as its kinda faking it, I know my plate is wrong for my car but I got for my next car as I sold my S3 & got this interim until sportback s3 stronic is out next year, but I think I'll leave the S-Line badge of aswell, we'll see