Mysterious scratches

Matt

Reaction score
I got my car back yesterday evening from the Audi dealer. Just got back from work and walked round past the back of the car and noticed scratches on the rear bumper?!

Didn't notice them yesterday as it was wet so didn't show up. I'm sure they weren't there before I dropped it off at the dealers, I would of noticed it in the good weather last week as it stood out to me just now in the light.

Anyway this is what I am talking about, hard to capture them

093008174207.jpg

093008174052.jpg

There is the big scratch you can clearly see, then a few more to the left you can just make out and more down and to the right you can again just see.

I'm racking my brain to think where they came from... like I say certain its not me as I would of known when I did it but also clueless as to why the dealer would of needed to be in the boot?!

Haven't tried anything on them yet. Chances of it polishing out by hand?! :ermm:

what was it in the garage for, hard to say about polishing out by hand but im sure you would make it loads better.

Quite weird why would they need to go in your boot. What was your car in audi for?
ou can probably polish it out by hand my dad polished a lovely 10inch mark on my a3 from another car sunday just gone

was it in for a service? perhaps they were inspecting the spare wheel and the dude dragged it across the bumper.

either that or one of the mechanics took it home to help his mother take some rubble to the tip.

It was in for warranty work on the dash panel. I'm baffled.

that should polish out. if not, wet sand it with some 2500 wet n dry then polish out the sand marks. if you want some tips on how to wet sand, send me a PM and I will help you out.

I know its hard to do but I aways wash my car before I go to the stealers & check it before hand and make Audi do a walk around on the car before I give them the keys. - just the same as they do with their loan cars.
Always use their loan forms as has a car condition top right & get them to agree & sign to the condition - Never had anyone comment on it.
Oh and I never let them wash it either

Richard

I usually wash it before hand and tell them not to wash it aswell. I did this time too.

Thinking about it a lad I know there said before they do any work they do a walk round and record the condition of the car. So I could always ask and see if they recorded these scratches...

You cannot swing a cat in my local stealers the car park is a disgrace
how they expect owners to bring car's in and battle for a place to park, even to just make an enquiry or browse (like you do!) would be a risk, and you can see from this thread the possible end product,
Hope you get it sorted.

i wouldn't use 2500 id use 3000 - 2500 would require a machine polish to get rid of the scratches left over, 3000 is the safest and scratch x afterwards brings the gloss back dead easy - i use this combo all the time for little blemishes etc