More on S3 Stronic

"UK deliveries are expected to start in mid-December."

..and mine is at the top of the list :yahoo:

There is a topic on pistonheads about this complete with A3 = rebadged Golf comments....

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?f=23&t=590481&nmt=RE: Audi S3 S tronic

Personally I think the member Cassius81 says it all with the following comment...

"This car is about people who want Audi image and build quality and are willing to pay for it... They don't want something covered in spoilers with a dodgy boy racer image, but still want the speed...(or most of it).

In my view, you cannot compare classy, understated cars like these with any Evo or Scooby - they are totally different cars built with different people and roles in mind"

I am tempted by S-Tronic. I recently placed an order for December delivery. Would adding S-Tronic to the spec affect lead time considering it's not yet being built?

I am tempted by S-Tronic. I recently placed an order for December delivery. Would adding S-Tronic to the spec affect lead time considering it's not yet being built?

Probably not. Get your dealer to check with Audi UK.

The S3 doesn't have a "central hydraulic multi-plate clutch"; just one on the rear axle. Seems they still think Haldex is "quattro". Pity these burks don't get it right...

The Audi UK press release, which is on their web site and is being quoted all over, is wrong. It refers to a 7-speed S tronic for the S3, when in fact the box will be 6-speed.

Interesting...what is the source of your info? I know that Audi often get their info wrong, but this would be a very public **** -up!

I was almost sure its a 7 speed STronic.

The October 2008 A3 Price and Specification document on the Audi UK website lists the 6-speed S-tronic as an option on the S3. It mentions the 7-speed S-tronic as an option of the 1.6, 1.4TFSI and i.8TFSI.