JMB RetrofitsVolks Autos
    GlasgowRangersFC

Status

Coin Tray Holder in Dash

I put some bank notes in my coin tray holder in the dash yesterday. When I pushed the tray to release it the tray has become jammed. It is now sitting 2-3 mm inside the dash and I can't reach it with my finger nails to prise it open. I'm scared of forcing it. Any ideas how I can open it without damaging it? It just won't budge no matter how much I prod and poke it. I don't won't to end up scratching the dash or something. Any ideas or should I just take it to the half witted dealers and run the risk of them scratching it? Ideas please!
    Gone...Brilliant Black 2008 A3 Turbo FSi Sport, Dual Climate Zones, Piano Black Inserts, Rain and Light pack, Xenon Plus, Armrest, ConcertII+, 18" S5 Wheels, 35mm Springs, Parking Sensors and a few other toys

Coming...2010 white BMW e90 320d M Sport, steptronic, 19'' CSL reps, H&R Sport Springs, Dakota Leather, Full+Full

2. # ADS
    ADS

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    just force it forward given the notes are paper & then you can get something on the paper to lower it so the tray can be fully opened, done it many times, lol

Also the trim around the tray comes of fairly easily, just pull one of the buttons out as they dont sit in that tight, then lever the trim of with your fingers, dont use screwdrivers etc to take trim of as will slip & scratch

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

6th Gear

Status
    remove the rectangular surround that's around the tray and buttons, then remove the air conditioning unit by pulling down from the top. you should then be able to get your hand up behind it to release the drawer. if you don't know what I mean, then follow the first few steps in my rs4 start button guide using the link below.

Low life livin' the high life.

Status
    You could pour hot water into the tray thus turning the notes into mush and removing the obstruction.....Ok maybe not. Don't listen to me.
    A3 2.0T FSI Quattro S-Line, 3 Door, Avus Silver (special ed.)

For Sale:

S-Line gear knob, stick and gator.
    Full set of OEM wheel bolts (incl. locking nuts & caps)
    19" BBS CK's Anthracite - SOLD

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    lol, lol, brilliant, & it would work as no holes in tray I dont think, lol

cabriolet

Status
    leave it in there a while longer,the way the pound is going at the moment soon it will be down to nothing therefore no obstruction and the coin tray will pop open on its own. lol
    LOTS DONE, LOTS SPENT !!!!

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    lol classic