AH FabricationsEM Tuning
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 96
  1. #1
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8

    cancelling my order

    Guys,

    Today I've decided to cancel my order with Audi. I ordered a 170 stronic sportback in June with a proposed arrival date of Sept 31st. Spent many a long hour in the interim dreaming of my first brand new car and how flippin ace it would be.

    Anyway, here we are, nearly the due date. Fours weeks ago I rang to check the order progress. Took 3 calls before my sales manager rang me back (Audi Chester) to say there was a delay of a couple of weeks down to the Stronic production, he would confirm in due course. No call for two weeks for I ring again, and after the third call he rings me back, still no word of a build date.

    Wednesday this week I call, he's busy with customers - leave name and number. No return call. Call Thursday, same again. Call today, he's on holiday. Ask to speak to the main manager - he'll call me back. Did he? What do you think?

    Not returning calls is a big fat no-no in my line of work. They seem to think I'm already a customer! A deposit does not a customer make. I don't mind delays as long as I'm looked after and made to feel valued, but this has soured the experience and my business will be taken elsewhere, even at the cost of my deposit - which I will vigourously request.

    Shame. I've rather enjoyed trawling through this forum. I'm off next door to the bmw dealer, there's an ex-demo 335d with my name on it.

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    NHN
    NHN's Avatar
    Modmetractor

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Coding Something
    Posts
    26,762
    What can I say, I hate audi stealers because of there sheer arrogance, I had the same kinda experience, I offered each time to buy cars from them, they dont call you back, reply to emails, very unhelpful, as I've spent 70k+ since 01 on audi's they've lost alot of business since then & for the future

    They really do piss me of audi stealers except the parts guy I get from, he's the best person at the stealers, even receptionists are stuck up *****es most the time.

    OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

    PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

  4. #3
    PaulAr's Avatar
    S3 (8P)

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Tyne & Wear
    Posts
    4,043
    Ive had a similar experience with VW when buying used Golf. You just expect dealers to be a bit more attentive when you are makiing such a large purchase.
    In my very limited experience with AUDI Sales I found a definate air of `arrogance` too.
    So much so that I ended up sourcing a car 300miles away from a non franchise AUDI specialist.
    Im sure there are plenty other poor Dealership Sales individuals out there and thats its not just confined to VAG.

    BTW the 335d is big jump from an A3Tdi!, great car though by all accounts.

    Good luck
    Paul

  5. #4
    NHN
    NHN's Avatar
    Modmetractor

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Coding Something
    Posts
    26,762
    More than an air of arrogance, stuck up XXXXXX in my opinion.

    If the specialist was Fontain then beware as they've also taken on this arrogance!!!!

    Think there XXXX dont stink!!!!!!


    Moderators note: Guys can we watch the language please.
    Last edited by marriedblonde; 29th September 2008 at 13:15.

    OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

    PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

  6. #5
    voorhees's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Leafy Warwickshire
    Posts
    14,626
    when I have my car serviced/repaired by Listers Audi I always have a phone call from some independant customer care place asking how was the service and was I satisfied.
    all the best River with the beemer

  7. #6
    PaulAr's Avatar
    S3 (8P)

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Tyne & Wear
    Posts
    4,043
    Quote Originally Posted by nigelhobden View Post
    More than an air of arrogance, stuck up in my opinion.

    If the specialist was Fontain then beware as they've also taken on this arrogance!!!!

    Think there dont stink!!!!!!
    Good guess.
    Yes it was Fontain and yes they were arrogant too! They wouldnt knock a single penny off the car, although they did leave 10 month TAX on it (Whoop-de-****in-doo!) Stinky **** indeed.

    To be fair though the Salesman I dealt with was pretty straight and returned my my calls and was really helpful.
    Certainly more courteous than my local dealer anyway.

    The car was very well priced and a decent spec, they knew that and so did I.
    I was tempted to walk away because of their stubborness but to be fair, it was the right car at the right price and I wasnt about to cut my nose off to spite my face.

    Cheers
    Paul
    Last edited by marriedblonde; 29th September 2008 at 13:15.

  8. #7
    JamS3's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Stockton-on-Tees
    Posts
    2,248
    I sent Audi UK a email over 2 months ago and am still waiting for a reply......
    NOW - Audi S3 Facelift - Sprint Blue, RNS-E Sat Nav, SDS, Bluetooth Phone Prep, Bose, Cruise, Buckets, FBMFSW, Adaptive Lights, Int Light Pack, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Piano Black Inserts, Through Load, Auto Dim RV Mirror/Wing, Auto Wipers/Lights, Folding Door Mirrors, Heated Seats, Ipod Dock, Front Arm Rest, Rear/Front Parking Sensors, 1st Aid Kit, Rear Arm Rest, H + R Springs, Front 15mm Spacers, Rear 10mm Spacers.

  9. #8
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    cambs uk
    Posts
    1,139
    Quote Originally Posted by voorhees View Post
    when I have my car serviced/repaired by Listers Audi I always have a phone call from some independant customer care place asking how was the service and was I satisfied.
    all the best River with the beemer
    Funnily enough (s)hatfield Audi operate the same system, the last time the independant company called me, I asked how long they had..........

    The only thing I will say, if you find a good dealer, they *can* make all the difference, Huntingdon Audi (recomended by DaveR) is good, they treat you like you expect to be treated, the other 3 I've tried - I'd not pi55 on them if they were on fire, I'd not even offer to share the marshmellows around

  10. #9
    mac1403's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    wales uk
    Posts
    956
    Audi sales have to be the most ignorant, unhelpful (once your order is placed) people in the world. I have had many different cars and they are a weird breed compared to all the others. When I was looking at ordering the facelift S3 I was getting on average 3 calls per day. After they got the order and the deposit was payed I have not recieved a single call in nearlly 3 months. I have had to call them on every occasion and am always told the saleman in question is busy with clients and will call back. he never has and it has always taken another call from me and an air of discontentment to get the call taken......funny how these clients aren't so important when you say you are getting pissed off and considering cancelling your order. Wish Audis were sold by Carlsberg!!!! would have the best salemen in the world LOL
    Facelift S3, Sprint Blue, Bucket seats, Sunroof, Sat Nav, Bose, Elect Mirrors, Light and Rain, Interior Light pack, Flat Tyre Warning, GSM Phone Prep, Led upgrade, Illuminated speaker grills.

  11. #10
    Kontraband's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,998
    The mentality is often, at the end of the day, they are just there to sell. They arent there to be your mate. Its almost like you dont give them a smell of the cash immediately your on your own. You find a good one... love them! For every good one tho, theres 10 **** ones.

    The sales guys that looked after me were brilliant. I can walk in anytime and chew the fat with any of them.... happy was larry... but then I was a pretty good customer.

    Theres no acceptable answer for not returning calls. It amazes me how many times I read the comments like 'I wouldnt do that in my line of work' etc with which I totally agree, but with all these comments we still have a mass amount of complete **** customer service!!! Not acceptible... its not a hard job. Theres plenty of us that do it well.


    I dont think Audi sales guys should be widely labelled as ****.. cause they arent... generalisation.. The BM guys I saw at the same time were however I know that not all BM sales are the same too. Another 10:1 thing I think
    //endrant.


    Edit> Just remembered what I was gonna say... I wouldnt discount a brand like Audi just cause you've dealt with one ****ty sales department.
    Last edited by Kontraband; 26th September 2008 at 20:40.

  12. #11
    PaulAr's Avatar
    S3 (8P)

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Tyne & Wear
    Posts
    4,043
    Quote Originally Posted by Kontraband View Post
    The mentality is often, at the end of the day, they are just there to sell. They arent there to be your mate. Its almost like you dont give them a smell of the cash immediately your on your own. You find a good one... love them! For every good one tho, theres 10 **** ones.

    The sales guys that looked after me were brilliant. I can walk in anytime and chew the fat with any of them.... happy was larry... but then I was a pretty good customer.

    Theres no acceptable answer for not returning calls. It amazes me how many times I read the comments like 'I wouldnt do that in my line of work' etc with which I totally agree, but with all these comments we still have a mass amount of complete **** customer service!!! Not acceptible... its not a hard job. Theres plenty of us that do it well.


    I dont think Audi sales guys should be widely labelled as ****.. cause they arent... generalisation.. The BM guys I saw at the same time were however I know that not all BM sales are the same too. Another 10:1 thing I think
    //endrant.




    Edit> Just remembered what I was gonna say... I wouldnt discount a brand like Audi just cause you've dealt with one ****ty sales department.
    Well said.

  13. #12
    Kontraband's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,998
    well thankyou!

  14. #13
    voorhees's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Leafy Warwickshire
    Posts
    14,626
    Quote Originally Posted by Kontraband View Post
    Just remembered what I was gonna say... I wouldnt discount a brand like Audi just cause you've dealt with one ****ty sales department.
    four paragraphs and then you still forget the reply you intended Kontraband you might of been on a bit of a rant!

  15. #14
    Stalled

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    249
    Its really a hit or miss with a salesperson, you can have great ones which are passionate about their jobs and bad ones that are only really there to make a living with any brand.

    I was looking to buy a Golf GT Sport earlier in the year, went into my local VW and even though I was standing around for a good 10 minutes, no one even made an effort to greet me so I thought sod that and went to another dealer.

    The next dealership I went to I was greeted by someone but the sales there tried to take me for a mug and gave me a well below book figure price for the car I wanted to p/x with, after much talking he finally accepted the book figure for the car but didnt wanted to give any discount on the new car so again I walked out.

    Over the road was an Audi dealership where we bought our A4 from so I thought I'd take a look at the A3's, I was immediately greeted by the same salesperson who sold us the A4 and kicked off with the conversation about the experiences with the VW garages, he just laughed and went to see what he can do for me. Immediately after inspecting my car he came to me with a p/x price which was dead on what I wanted for the car and after spec'ing up the A3 he gave me a 10% discount without much haggling.

    I am picking my car up next tuesday and although its been a long wait due to facelift issues etc, I felt looked after by this dealer and he kept me up to date with all the movements on the car so I cant really fault the experiences I had with Audi dealers.

  16. #15
    Matt's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Cumbria
    Posts
    1,416
    So far I have had nothing but a good experience with my local Audi dealer whether it be the sale of the car or when the car has been back for warranty work. Always helpful and ring me when they say they will to keep me informed of what is happening.

    I appreciate that a lot of them are bad but there is the odd good one! (so far anyway)
    Sold: A3 2.0 TDI 170 S-line | Full leather | BOSE | Phantom Black | Bluefin
    Now: Mini John Cooper Works

  17. #16
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8
    BTW the 335d is big jump from an A3Tdi!, great car though by all accounts.

    ... I wouldnt discount a brand like Audi just cause you've dealt with one ****ty sales department.
    I don't blame Audi the company, I'd consider a common rail 170 (my main incentive) off a forecourt but they won't come around for a while, and I'm not gonna sit in another build queue for 4 months.

    As for the 335d - aye, it's a leap, and there's a monster lurking in there somewhere...

  18. #17
    Kontraband's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,998
    Quote Originally Posted by voorhees View Post
    four paragraphs and then you still forget the reply you intended Kontraband you might of been on a bit of a rant!


  19. #18
    warren_S3's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    6,124
    Oxford Audi have a brilliant service section headed up by a lady called Alex. She is fantastic and actually LISTEN's when you have issues.

    When I had clutch/diff issues, the diff was leaking oil and 2 dealers told me it was NORMAL!!!!!! Oxford Audi listened to the issues I was having, put me in an A6 3.0TDi for a couple of weeks and sent the car back when it was working.

    I've been a VAG customer for 15 years or so and of late they have been shocking. I've twice walked into VAG dealers in 2003 and 2005 looking to buy an R32 Golf and walked out as I've been totally ignored. In the end I went both times and bought new Leon Cupra R's as I've been offered better service from the dealers. Supposedly Skoda are better again!!!

    Put Joe Average in an Audi dealership to sell / service cars and they think they become 'a cut above'. They should remember I contribute towards their wages!
    Audi S3 Panther Black [2011] Build Thread
    Mods: Revo Stg2, Blueflame TBE, Eibach Pro springs, R8 oil cap

    On order: Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition, Phantom Black [Due 26 May 2014]

    Planned Mods: Revo Stg1+ with DSG map, Revo CAI, custom exhaust, H&R Trax spacers, EM Tuning LED interior lights, R8 oil cap, Porsche coolant & brake fluid cap

  20. #19
    TFSI's Avatar
    Born to Fish

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    South Cheshire
    Posts
    528
    Quote Originally Posted by riverman View Post
    Guys,

    Today I've decided to cancel my order with Audi. I ordered a 170 stronic sportback in June with a proposed arrival date of Sept 31st. Spent many a long hour in the interim dreaming of my first brand new car and how flippin ace it would be.

    Anyway, here we are, nearly the due date. Fours weeks ago I rang to check the order progress. Took 3 calls before my sales manager rang me back (Audi Chester) to say there was a delay of a couple of weeks down to the Stronic production, he would confirm in due course. No call for two weeks for I ring again, and after the third call he rings me back, still no word of a build date.

    Wednesday this week I call, he's busy with customers - leave name and number. No return call. Call Thursday, same again. Call today, he's on holiday. Ask to speak to the main manager - he'll call me back. Did he? What do you think?

    Not returning calls is a big fat no-no in my line of work. They seem to think I'm already a customer! A deposit does not a customer make. I don't mind delays as long as I'm looked after and made to feel valued, but this has soured the experience and my business will be taken elsewhere, even at the cost of my deposit - which I will vigourously request.

    Shame. I've rather enjoyed trawling through this forum. I'm off next door to the bmw dealer, there's an ex-demo 335d with my name on it.
    Late last year when i was in the process of sorting my new A3 i was ringing the dealers locally to see who would offer the best price on a 05 A3 part ex. They all played the game well Stoke, Crewe, Macclesfield but good old CHESTER were the most arrogant people i spoke to so right from the word go a total dislike was born and i just dealt with the other three and never even returned their calls later.
    If they were the last Audi dealer in the UK i would buy another make before i bought from them.
    2013 1.4 TFSI S line 8V, Brilliant Red, Cruise Control, DIS, MFSW, Dual Climate, Leather, Front Fogs, 18in 5 Twin Spoke Alloys, Welly, Boot and Fishing Rod Racks.

  21. #20
    Not anymore - Back 2 BMW (shh)

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Norwich, Norfolk
    Posts
    357
    I have always had the impression that they are doing you the favour at my local dealer (sales) . Total arrogance. That's why I never bought a car from them. And now Audi have lost me for good...

  22. #21
    Iggu's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,224
    Funny one this: I'm sure others will have horror stories to tell but I've bought 2 Audis from Lancaster Audi in Manchester and the service was impeccable. Up there with the very best customer service I've experienced from anyone. As soon as you walk in there is a handshake, a brew and a biscuit offered and that leve of service carried on even after I'd handed over the cash.

    If you are nearby contact either of the two Neils on the sales team there and you will be treated like royalty (unless its just me and actually think I am royalty for some reason).

    Just had to stick up for the good ones out there - they're not all rubbish.
    Phantom Black S3, RNS-E with SDS Hack , BOSE, Sunroof, iPod, ITG CAI, Forge DV, Milltek TBE, Revo Stage 2+, Autotech HPFP, Sachs clutch, Lamin-X, BBS Pescaras, H&R springs, H&R ARBs, NGK Iridium Plugs, Vagcom.

  23. #22
    Low life livin' the high life.

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,638
    I had a bad experience when buying my A3 locally, dealer never returned calls, constantly trying to bull**** me with excuses, wouldn't budge on price etc etc.... Really crap service generally. So i backed out of the sale and went to another Audi dealership who were superb. The sales manager always called back exactly when he said he would, gave a nice discount, full tank etc, couldn't do enough for me. The 2 dealers were chalk and cheese.

    But don't for a second think that Audi are anything different to any other manufacturers dealers. Most car salesmen in my experience are crap at their job and 'economical with the truth' to say the least.
    Last edited by PNH80; 29th September 2008 at 08:55.
    A3 2.0T FSI Quattro S-Line, 3 Door, Avus Silver (special ed.)

    For Sale:

    S-Line gear knob, stick and gator.
    Full set of OEM wheel bolts (incl. locking nuts & caps)
    19" BBS CK's Anthracite - SOLD

  24. #23
    benw123's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Herts, UK
    Posts
    1,863
    Quote Originally Posted by bacardi View Post
    Funnily enough (s)hatfield Audi operate the same system, the last time the independant company called me, I asked how long they had..........

    The only thing I will say, if you find a good dealer, they *can* make all the difference, Huntingdon Audi (recomended by DaveR) is good, they treat you like you expect to be treated, the other 3 I've tried - I'd not pi55 on them if they were on fire, I'd not even offer to share the marshmellows around
    I've also used Huntingdon for servicing following the same recommendation from Dave who were excellent. Interesting you mention Hatfield though - our Sportback is due a service and Hatfield, my nearest dealer, gave the cheapest quote (although the girl on the phone did seem a bit confused by the service schedules, which will probably mean a higher bill upon collection).

    Well done riverman - sound decision to cancel the order if they're not treating you properly. Send in a letter after the cancellation is confirmed with the full story and I'm sure heads will roll.
    2004 A3 Sportback 2.0TDI SE, RNS-E Sat Nav SW0650 TMC, 17" Star Alloys, Xenons, DIS, Rear Mats & Sunblind, Alu trim, Ebony Black pearlescent
    2006 Honda Accord EX i-CTDI, Arctic Blue, Leather, Sat Nav, XCarLink

  25. #24
    Low life livin' the high life.

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,638
    Basically....When you're paying 'premium' prices for a 'premium' product, nothing less than a 'premium' service is good enough!!
    If everyone walked away from a deal when they were treated badly we'd all get shown a lot more respect when buying a car.

    Bad service isn't limited to price though...My uncle bought a new Carrera 4S last year, top spec, custom colour etc. 80K. On the day he turned up to confirm his order and sign for the car (nearly an 80 mile round trip), the salesman calmly told him the colour wasn't available, pushed a colour swatch across the desk and told him to pick another there and then!! Needless to say the order was cancelled and he went to Nottingham Porsche who were superb. Although they did collect it for it's service and the delivery driver managed to CRASH it on the way back.....Unbelievable.
    Then again Porsche do own VAG now so bad service is no surprise!!
    A3 2.0T FSI Quattro S-Line, 3 Door, Avus Silver (special ed.)

    For Sale:

    S-Line gear knob, stick and gator.
    Full set of OEM wheel bolts (incl. locking nuts & caps)
    19" BBS CK's Anthracite - SOLD

  26. #25
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    South Devon
    Posts
    179
    Have to say the sales guy I dealt with was brilliant - every call returned, every email ditto. Even emails 'just to let me know' - e.g. when build date confirmed etc. Discount was good (within 150 of internet brokers) from one branch of local chain, much better than the guys closer to home. So it's a 30 mile trip to collect instead of 8 miles

    Service from the more local branch not so great. Paint chip noticed on delivery not sorted (did it myself). Now I have airbag warning light which they investigated two weeks ago and couldn't find the cause so sent tech enquiry to Audi - 'might take 48 hours for reply'. Last Wednesday I chased (1 week plus 48 hours) 'oh they haven't replied'. Have asked them to chase. Nothing yet...........

  27. #26
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    cambs uk
    Posts
    1,139
    Quote Originally Posted by benw123 View Post
    I've also used Huntingdon for servicing following the same recommendation from Dave who were excellent. Interesting you mention Hatfield though - our Sportback is due a service and Hatfield, my nearest dealer, gave the cheapest quote (although the girl on the phone did seem a bit confused by the service schedules, which will probably mean a higher bill upon collection).

    Well done riverman - sound decision to cancel the order if they're not treating you properly. Send in a letter after the cancellation is confirmed with the full story and I'm sure heads will roll.
    Honestly, I'd never ever set foot in that hole again, they phone me up every now and then asking if I know the car is due a service and would I like to book it in, I usually laugh

    Bascially, the two biggest things they did, (apart from the customary 2 visits to get every fault fixed) one was to scratch the livin bejeezuz out of the bonnet, the other one was to collect and service the wrong car from our office,

    incredible

    the also left a set of keys in my car but didn't actually ever come and collect them, which is quite worrying

  28. #27
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Luxembourg
    Posts
    103
    A guy at work quit a few weeks ago and now works for an audi dealership.

    Last time I saw him again and we chatted for a bit, and then he asked me like: What car you got again? He told him that i owned an S3, and he was like: Diesel or petrol engine?

    Says it all really...

  29. #28
    benw123's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Herts, UK
    Posts
    1,863
    Quote Originally Posted by Doublemint1984 View Post
    A guy at work quit a few weeks ago and now works for an audi dealership.

    Last time I saw him again and we chatted for a bit, and then he asked me like: What car you got again? He told him that i owned an S3, and he was like: Diesel or petrol engine?

    Says it all really...
    That's criminal, but believeable due to the high staff turnover at these dealerships. This is the root cause of all the problems listed in this thread.

    A few years back I worked for a company that supplied IT systems to car dealerships, and I got to spend a lot of time working with sales staff and their management. Often I knew more about the cars than they did, simply because I'm an enthusiast!

    It was interesting at times though. I recall sitting in on a sales meeting, shortly after an internal study said that 70% of visitors who took a test drive went on to buy the car. The sales manager went absolutely spare with the bluest language you've ever heard, essentially telling his "team" to get anyone with two feet into the first car they could find! Hardly inspiring or motivating, but at the lowest level that's what it's like.
    2004 A3 Sportback 2.0TDI SE, RNS-E Sat Nav SW0650 TMC, 17" Star Alloys, Xenons, DIS, Rear Mats & Sunblind, Alu trim, Ebony Black pearlescent
    2006 Honda Accord EX i-CTDI, Arctic Blue, Leather, Sat Nav, XCarLink

  30. #29
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    7

    dealers point of view

    Hi Guys, I know i will get some stick for this but thought a current audi dealer should enter the fray and give you a viewpoint from the other side of the fence.

    I fully understand all your frustration and have read all your points and took them on board. However its not purely down to poor salesmanship, there is nothing worse for a salesman than having to bring bad news to a customer that they have got on with so well through a sale, salesman have limited information that filters through from the factory and it is not always possible to give accurate lead times on models at point of order especially on new models been released, like the 170ps s tronic a3 in question here, there is no excuse for not returning phone calls however assuming the sales guys get the messages in the first place. Audi have grown hugely over recent years and some of the systems in place in the dealers simply dont cope with current levels of sales.

    On a plus point, we at chester audi have recently moved to an amazing new showrrom at cheshire oaks, much better facilities in terms of sales and service and we would like nothing more than to show every single person on this site how good an audi dealer can be when they have the tools to do the job properly and look after people to the best of our ability, i appreciate that in this instance it may come a little too late for you riverman, but if you havent already ordered the bmw then a chance to put things right would be our priority.

    If we can help anyone with anything audi then contact us here.

    I look forward to speaking with or meeting with all of you over the coming years and we will always endeavour to offer the highest levels of serivce.

  31. #30
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    54

    Thumbs down

    Quote Originally Posted by chesteraudi View Post
    Hi Guys, I know i will get some stick for this but thought a current audi dealer should enter the fray and give you a viewpoint from the other side of the fence.

    I fully understand all your frustration and have read all your points and took them on board. However its not purely down to poor salesmanship, there is nothing worse for a salesman than having to bring bad news to a customer that they have got on with so well through a sale, salesman have limited information that filters through from the factory and it is not always possible to give accurate lead times on models at point of order especially on new models been released, like the 170ps s tronic a3 in question here, there is no excuse for not returning phone calls however assuming the sales guys get the messages in the first place. Audi have grown hugely over recent years and some of the systems in place in the dealers simply dont cope with current levels of sales.

    On a plus point, we at chester audi have recently moved to an amazing new showrrom at cheshire oaks, much better facilities in terms of sales and service and we would like nothing more than to show every single person on this site how good an audi dealer can be when they have the tools to do the job properly and look after people to the best of our ability, i appreciate that in this instance it may come a little too late for you riverman, but if you havent already ordered the bmw then a chance to put things right would be our priority.

    If we can help anyone with anything audi then contact us here.

    I look forward to speaking with or meeting with all of you over the coming years and we will always endeavour to offer the highest levels of serivce.
    We in the armed forces have a new helicopter, don't have all the tools etc etc etc

    Chester Audi, you actually started off quite well, but then the sales pitch took over, and I thought I was reading a customer care text book!

  32. #31
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    7
    its not a sales pitch its the truth, reading the comments from you guys is an eye opener, i dont think anyone in the audi network is a bad person, none of us like upsetting customers or potential customers and none of us want to rip people off, a lot of the time sales guys are on your side, at the end of the day if you dont buy a car we dont get paid and i think sometimes this is forgotten, we have to fight the bosses for every penny off for you, it doesnt matter to me whether i give no discount or 5000 discount as long as i sell a car, so if i can get you a deal i will. So to say all sales guys are arrogant and full of **** isnt the truth, we just get limited in what we can offer by the companies we work for.

    From a lead time point of view which thiss thread relates, like i say its so frustrating having to tell a customer they will have to wait longer for there new car they have their heart set on, we are not bad people and dont get a thrill out of upsetting people, but when orders are taken before production starts it is slmost gauranteed we will get it a bit wrong for better or for worse. like i say feel free to contact us here and we will be happy to help with anything we can

  33. #32
    VRStu's Avatar
    Just Looking

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Hampshire
    Posts
    1,064
    Don't suppose you have an accessories brochure do you!!!

    Been to three dealers who can't provide one, just keep being reffered to the internet - I'm afraid the publications on the internet are fine if you want some new shoes, and handbag or a cuddly toy, no good if you want a boot liner or a bike rack!!

    In desperation I emailed Audi CS who firstly directed me to handbags and shoes and then to my local dealers and then when I asked if they could arrange to have one sent to me they replied that they were only a call centre.

    Wondering now if I've placed my money behind the right badge.
    Stu.

    A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, Quartz Grey, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara with Silver Stitching & Heating, Nav High, B & O, AMI, DAB, Parking Advanced & Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated Electric Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

    Previous MY11 S3 Sportback Black Edition, S-Tronic, Ibis White.

  34. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by benw123 View Post
    I've also used Huntingdon for servicing following the same recommendation from Dave who were excellent. Interesting you mention Hatfield though - our Sportback is due a service and Hatfield, my nearest dealer, gave the cheapest quote (although the girl on the phone did seem a bit confused by the service schedules, which will probably mean a higher bill upon collection).

    Well done riverman - sound decision to cancel the order if they're not treating you properly. Send in a letter after the cancellation is confirmed with the full story and I'm sure heads will roll.
    I'm glad to hear Huntingdon Audi have lived up to my faith in them. All 6 of my A3s have come from them - and all through the same sales guy. They have also serviced all my A3s and I never had a reason to complain.

    Riverman, perhaps if you like the idea of a 170 cd sportback you should try another dealer - they are not all the same, although they are all limited to what Audi AG in Germany can produce at any given time. Also the information that dealers and customers get from Audi UK is not always as good as it could be.

    I've come across some good and some awful BMW dealers as well!!
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

  35. #34
    nhowroyd's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    ILKLEY
    Posts
    128
    VRStu... This may come as a shock but Audi are complete pants when it comes to Accessories brochures. Audi leave it up to the dealers to produce there own accessories brochures. As margins in any business these days are eroded they are not likely to do so. The only one I know of who do produce a Brochure cover all vehicles and has 4 pages per type. needless to say it is a waste of print...

    I have to say chesteraudi you did seem to slip into a sales pitch halfway through your post but as a salesperson myself (not automotive) I have the same situation as you with having to pass on bad news when you don't want to. Its all about a fine balance and unfortunately in the this case for riverman it has been very poor.

    There I have vented my splean now where is the beer....
    Nick

    July 08 - A3 Sportback SE 2.0 TDI 140 S-Tronic - Deep Sea Blue - Ipod - Aluminium inserts - TomTom Proclip mount - THB Bury Car Kit - DIS

  36. #35
    jamiekip
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by chesteraudi View Post
    its not a sales pitch its the truth, reading the comments from you guys is an eye opener, i don't think anyone in the Audi network is a bad person, none of us like upsetting customers or potential customers and none of us want to rip people off, a lot of the time sales guys are on your side, at the end of the day if you don't buy a car we don't get paid and i think sometimes this is forgotten, we have to fight the bosses for every penny off for you, it doesn't matter to me whether i give no discount or 5000 discount as long as i sell a car, so if i can get you a deal i will. So to say all sales guys are arrogant and full of **** isn't the truth, we just get limited in what we can offer by the companies we work for.

    From a lead time point of view which this thread relates, like i say its so frustrating having to tell a customer they will have to wait longer for there new car they have their heart set on, we are not bad people and don't get a thrill out of upsetting people, but when orders are taken before production starts it is almost guaranteed we will get it a bit wrong for better or for worse. like i say feel free to contact us here and we will be happy to help with anything we can
    You're brave - in to the lions den here!
    I think where the bulk of us get frustrated is a lack of honesty or at the very least clarity.

    Take a new car sale for example, and the post that kick started this thread.
    Buying a brand spanking new car, be it for 15k or 50k is a big investment for the majority of people. When I speak to sales person I want to feel valued, and it's not always about the deal, it's about feeling valued, if you get a cracking deal on the back of it, then great!
    You seen fonejacker, you know Terry Tibbs "talk to me, caress me, hold me... make me want it"! Though that is taking the piss it's not far from the truth.
    When I was looking for my S3 I walked in about 4 different Audi dealers spread across the country, only one could be arsed to give me the time of day - and it wasn't because they were busy.

    In the end the dealer that got my business got my business as she was polite, informative and very tolerant of me (I can be a fussy fecker!).
    She answered every question, returned a call when she said she would and generally made the experience special.

    I appreciate you have to work with the systems Audi give you, but common courtesy to a customer costs you nothing. It's just the decent thing to do. By not returning calls, or spinning bull sh!t your customers lose faith and they start wondering if spending 25k or whatever with this dealer was a big mistake.

    On the servicing side I think some Audi dealers are up in the clouds.
    I've had several bad experiences, one of which saw a dealer having to keep a mechanic in, along with me and my bags as they had assured me my car would be ready in time (I even dropped off with them an extra day early to be safe). I called through the day "Is it ready, everything ok?" and I was assured it would be ready for collection. I get dropped off, and it's in pieces across the garage and they were shutting up. The car was eventually finished at 1am and I had to drive 250 miles through the night. They tried to invoice me double time for the pleasure. Why did that person say it was all on track? I lost complete faith with that dealer.
    And as for other stories on here, well some of them are unbelievable.

    There seems to be a "that'll do" attitude when frankly that's un-acceptable.
    Take my car when it had paint done to it - the first job was rubbish, flat paint, no reflection in it. Who looked at it and signed it off to say that is suitable to go back to the customer who has paid 1400 for this work? That's just poor. They need to be asking "if this was my car, would I send it back?"

    It's interetsing to hear the other side of the coin from you, but I think blaming systems and promoting a nice new showroom will not resonate too well when so many of us have had negative experiences. And remember these negative experiences are not down to systems, it's about making the customer feel valued and in that area Audi have a lot of work to do!

    Wow - that went on longer than I planned!

  37. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by VRStu View Post
    Don't suppose you have an accessories brochure do you!!!

    Been to three dealers who can't provide one, just keep being reffered to the internet - I'm afraid the publications on the internet are fine if you want some new shoes, and handbag or a cuddly toy, no good if you want a boot liner or a bike rack!!

    In desperation I emailed Audi CS who firstly directed me to handbags and shoes and then to my local dealers and then when I asked if they could arrange to have one sent to me they replied that they were only a call centre.

    Wondering now if I've placed my money behind the right badge.
    If you go to this website (Audi Germany) you can download an accessories brochure - it's all in German but at least it gives some illustrations of the various items and their part numbers. Armed with a part number any dealer should be able to give you a price.

    http://shop.audi.de/webapp/wcs/store...atalogDownload
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

  38. #37
    Not anymore - Back 2 BMW (shh)

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Norwich, Norfolk
    Posts
    357
    My experience is that Audi dealers give the impression that they are doing you the favour. Pi55 poor.

    And I simply can't believe you don't get feedback from your factory. Surely not. Maybe Audi need to be a little bit more advanced like BMW's network seems to be...

  39. #38
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    1,224
    How on earth do they get there jobs I don't know. I'm here applying left right and centre with nothing but car passion in me and instead they employ these goons.

    Boils my blood.
    Audi A3 (8P) 2.0TDI SE .:. Ebony Black, Sports Suspension, Vienna Beige Sports Leather Seats, Concert II & BOSE, 6 CD-Changer, Xenons, Acoustic Parking Sensors & All The Packs .:.



    Gone but not forgotten

  40. #39
    jamiekip
    Guest
    I think the same!
    I'd kill to get a job with Audi UK (or any of the big german players TBH).
    My back ground is customer experience, sorting out the processes so they put the customer first and trust me a lot of it is just making sure the customer feels valued!

    Ahhh well!

  41. #40
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by emzino View Post
    How on earth do they get there jobs I don't know. I'm here applying left right and centre with nothing but car passion in me and instead they employ these goons.

    Boils my blood.
    I posted here to try and gain some common ground, and yet you feel that after two posts you feel you know me well enough to say that i am bad at my job and dont deserve it!!!! i think thats a little harsh to be honest but ill take it on the chin. In relation to a previous post i'll fill you in on what we get from audi on a weekly basis............... 1 pdf file containing lead times on the entire audi range, with models either highlighted in red yellow or green for how long it will take to get them, its so unreliable i normally quote an extra month just to be on the safe side but even that doesnt always work out. I genuinely do want to offer all you guys and girls the best possible experience of audi so please dont turn this into a hate forum after all, like you say we are all passionate about the brand or at very least about cars.

 

 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO