EM TuningMonster Motorsport
    S3 LTN

Tyres... (again)

Ok.. i'm going to order some tyres today for the car...
    Both Goodyear models... Assy or the F1's

But which ones shall i take??

Both just as good from what i've been told... what you guys think are better.

Current ones havent got much life left in them anyway and one of the rear ones is out of shape...

2. # ADS
    ADS

jamiekip
    I'm going the Assy's when I change mine - every review is really positive!

I cant spell !

Status
    F1's tread is better looking but the asymmetric is the newer model and supposed to be even better. Never had any complaints though about the F1's I had on my Scoob.

PS if they are anything like the F1's just be prepared for the fact they will feel horrible for the first 200 miles or so.
    Richard
    Last edited by richs2891; 26th September 2008 at 13:01.
    MY12 Black edition TT Roadster with a tractor engine !

S3 LTN
    Your right... The Assy newer model.. so in reality should be better.
    Just love the tread on F1's though...
    Anyway done. Ordered the Assy's should be here on Monday.

Ordered from Camskill.co.uk
    Cheapest tyre place ever.

jamiekip
    I've heard they take a few 100 miles to bed in too.
    Hopefully will have them on for Audi Driver... can't think of a better way to get up to performance!

Dealing with an OCD

Status
    Both fab looking tyres with equally fab performance...and somehow they look fatter than they really are. Result!

How much are you paying, S3 LTN?
    Last edited by Fast,not furious; 26th September 2008 at 13:23. Reason: i can't spell!

S3 Brilliant Red - 340bhp

Custom Code Phase 2 + PSS, Autotech pump, Hybrid Forge/ITG Maxogen CAI /Reflactagold, Sprint Booster, Forge Quickshift, Forge DV, Denso Iridium sparks, PCV mod/oil catch can, R8 oil filler cap, Sachs performance clutch,Exhausts UK custom stainless TBE, Braille no-weight battery,PIAA mirror white DRL's,exterior + interior leds, AndyMac's Sub upgrade, H&R springs, VMR VB3 18x8.5 gunmetal alloys wearing BF Goodrich G-force 235/40

1st Gear

Status
    I have the Assys on my car now and i had the F1's before. Both handle very well in the dry but imo the Assys handle better in the wet.
    Who said speed kills!?!?....But dangerous driving on the other hand....
    Ibis White S3 Sportback - ?bhp - ?lb/ft (Being Fixed)
    Mods: LED's Throughout, Milltek TBE, Revo S2+, Forge CAI (Gold), K&W V3's 25mm, H&R ARB's, Powerflex Bushes, Autotech HPFP, Sachs Clutch, Forge DV, Jonny's PCV Mod, Defi Boost Gauge, Pro Alloy Intercooler, 18" OZ Alleggerita's, NGK Iridium Spark Plugs, VI Performance Monitor, Road Angel Pro Connected
    Full OEM Springs and Shocks for sale from 2008 S3 CLICK ME

S3 LTN
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast,not furious View Post
    Both fab looking tyres with equally fab performance...and somehow they look fatter than they really are. Result!

How much are you paying, S3 LTN?

Paying 99. without fitting. delievery to the front door
    Got a mate who works in Kwikfit who'll fit them.

Dealing with an OCD

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3 LTN View Post
    Paying 99. without fitting. delievery to the front door
    Got a mate who works in Kwikfit who'll fit them.
    Yup! Sounds like a good price to me! Guess i'll have to drive 24/7 to wear mine out then...

Custom Code Phase 2 + PSS, Autotech pump, Hybrid Forge/ITG Maxogen CAI /Reflactagold, Sprint Booster, Forge Quickshift, Forge DV, Denso Iridium sparks, PCV mod/oil catch can, R8 oil filler cap, Sachs performance clutch,Exhausts UK custom stainless TBE, Braille no-weight battery,PIAA mirror white DRL's,exterior + interior leds, AndyMac's Sub upgrade, H&R springs, VMR VB3 18x8.5 gunmetal alloys wearing BF Goodrich G-force 235/40

3rd Gear

Status
    How many miles do you tend to get out of the Goodyear Tyres? Would they be any good on my oil burning Sportback?

Just wondering as I recently replaced the two front tyres on mine at 19k with Conti Sport Contact 3s and had to re-mortgage the house to cover the cost!
    Jon

Now A3 less......

1st Gear

Status
    the rim protector on the new asymetrics is also better than the old f1's, infact its the most substantial ive seen.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3 LTN View Post
    Your right... The Assy newer model.. so in reality should be better.
    Just love the tread on F1's though...
    Anyway done. Ordered the Assy's should be here on Monday.

Ordered from Camskill.co.uk
    Cheapest tyre place ever.
    mental! camskill is my local tyre place about 8 miles away and thats where i got my f1 asys from.

jamiekip
    Quote Originally Posted by redbutcher View Post
    How many miles do you tend to get out of the Goodyear Tyres? Would they be any good on my oil burning Sportback?

Just wondering as I recently replaced the two front tyres on mine at 19k with Conti Sport Contact 3s and had to re-mortgage the house to cover the cost!

Mate, fi you can get in to Evo mag's site (keeps kicking me out otherwise I'd post the link to the review) they did a trye test and the Asy came out top.
    Basically it had best dry performance AND best wet performance AND best aqua plaining tolerance..... It's safe and performs well which is worthy of absolutely any car in my book

3rd Gear

Status
    Nice one - cheers Jamie - I'll take a look. I'll go for a set of those next time round then.
    Jon

Now A3 less......

Dealing with an OCD

Status
    Redbutcher - I've had 2 sets of Eagle F1's,i think i was getting 20-25k out of them,if that helps?

PaulMc
    I am going for 19" Asymmetrics with my new alloys. Not just the Evo review that rated them #1, heard good things about them from many owners.
    Last edited by PaulMc; 30th September 2008 at 16:23.

PaulMc
    S3 LTN, did you get your tyres then? I am based quite close to you, just the otherside of Dunstable and Ashridge. May I ask who you got to fit your spacers and tyres locally?

1st Gear

Status
    Deffo go for the Asymmetrics, we fitted a set to an RS6 and he has nothing but good words for them. They take a bit to bed in, so take it easy to start with as they feel odd to start with. The RS6 guy loves them that much he is having them again on his new Dymag carbon fibre/forged magnesium wheels!!!
    A4 Avant 1.9 TDi 2004 - 20x8.5 & 20x10 Futura wheels and tints

To come: lowering, HIDs, full MB Quart and Orion sound system, covered interior trim, body kit

www.designerwheels.co.uk