Tyres... (again)

S

S3 LTN

Ok.. i'm going to order some tyres today for the car...
Both Goodyear models... Assy or the F1's

But which ones shall i take?? :uhm:

Both just as good from what i've been told... what you guys think are better.

Current ones havent got much life left in them anyway and one of the rear ones is out of shape... :ermm:

I'm going the Assy's when I change mine - every review is really positive!

F1's tread is better looking but the asymmetric is the newer model and supposed to be even better. Never had any complaints though about the F1's I had on my Scoob.

PS if they are anything like the F1's just be prepared for the fact they will feel horrible for the first 200 miles or so.
Richard

Your right... The Assy newer model.. so in reality should be better.
Just love the tread on F1's though...
Anyway done. Ordered the Assy's should be here on Monday.

Ordered from Camskill.co.uk
Cheapest tyre place ever. :salute:

I've heard they take a few 100 miles to bed in too.
Hopefully will have them on for Audi Driver... can't think of a better way to get up to performance!

Both fab looking tyres with equally fab performance...and somehow they look fatter than they really are. Result!

How much are you paying, S3 LTN?

I have the Assys on my car now and i had the F1's before. Both handle very well in the dry but imo the Assys handle better in the wet.

Both fab looking tyres with equally fab performance...and somehow they look fatter than they really are. Result!

How much are you paying, S3 LTN?

Paying £99. without fitting. delievery to the front door ;)
Got a mate who works in Kwikfit who'll fit them.

How many miles do you tend to get out of the Goodyear Tyres? Would they be any good on my oil burning Sportback?

Just wondering as I recently replaced the two front tyres on mine at 19k with Conti Sport Contact 3s and had to re-mortgage the house to cover the cost!

the rim protector on the new asymetrics is also better than the old f1's, infact its the most substantial ive seen.

Your right... The Assy newer model.. so in reality should be better.
Just love the tread on F1's though...
Anyway done. Ordered the Assy's should be here on Monday.

Ordered from Camskill.co.uk
Cheapest tyre place ever. :salute:

mental! camskill is my local tyre place about 8 miles away and thats where i got my f1 asys from.

How many miles do you tend to get out of the Goodyear Tyres? Would they be any good on my oil burning Sportback?

Just wondering as I recently replaced the two front tyres on mine at 19k with Conti Sport Contact 3s and had to re-mortgage the house to cover the cost!

Mate, fi you can get in to Evo mag's site (keeps kicking me out otherwise I'd post the link to the review) they did a trye test and the Asy came out top.
Basically it had best dry performance AND best wet performance AND best aqua plaining tolerance..... It's safe and performs well which is worthy of absolutely any car in my book

Nice one - cheers Jamie - I'll take a look. I'll go for a set of those next time round then.

I am going for 19" Asymmetrics with my new alloys. Not just the Evo review that rated them #1, heard good things about them from many owners.

S3 LTN, did you get your tyres then? I am based quite close to you, just the otherside of Dunstable and Ashridge. May I ask who you got to fit your spacers and tyres locally?

Deffo go for the Asymmetrics, we fitted a set to an RS6 and he has nothing but good words for them. They take a bit to bed in, so take it easy to start with as they feel odd to start with. The RS6 guy loves them that much he is having them again on his new Dymag carbon fibre/forged magnesium wheels!!!