JMB RetrofitsVolks Autos
    Audi Crazy

Status

My A3 2.0tdi S-line

just looking for some comments on the car, so far i have put on the wing mirrors, German Plates,window tints, de-badged the back (i know some guys dont like the thought of another s-line badge there) and fitted lamin-x over the front headlights and fogs.

I have the cupra front splitter to go on and i havent decided which colour to paint the calipers.....any thoughts?? red or silver.

p.s what do you make of the alloys, i'm kinda not sold on them yet!!

2. # ADS
    ADS

Audi Crazy

Status
    p.s will get better pics when i finally work out how to make them better in photobucket.

Lets make that kitten purr...

Status
    Sussed it huh... Good work!

Car looks good. I've bought some Ingolstadt surrounds but haven't put them on yet as I plan to get some pressed plates soon.

S-line badge on the rear looks good too though a little low for my liking. Mines a little higher.

As for the wheels - probably the one of best wheels Audi have ever made IMO. Ooh I feel a heated debate arising...
    2008 A3 1.8T FSI S-line Phantom Black, Bose, iPod Dock, Front Centre Armrest, Storage Pack, Aluminium Pedals, H&R Spacers, Eibach Pro's, Ambient Lighting, Pressed plates with Ingolstadt surrounds.

Audi Crazy

Status
    i spent AGES trying to work out where i liked the rear badge best, then had the rear badge free. still not sure if i like it where it is or further up. I really need to get a digital camera.

p.s red or silver calipers?? looking forward to getting the cypra front splitter on, seen it on the guy Marcs and it looked neat.

Status
    For me it had to be silver (did mine last w/e). Red or any bright hue looks great if you've got a nice set of Porsche (or similar) calipers but on our cars (especially in black) I think they'd look out of place.

Will be interested to see what the splitter looks like. Personally I'm not so sure it will notice much on a black car but if yours looks good I may have to add it.

Good luck!
    2008 A3 1.8T FSI S-line Phantom Black, Bose, iPod Dock, Front Centre Armrest, Storage Pack, Aluminium Pedals, H&R Spacers, Eibach Pro's, Ambient Lighting, Pressed plates with Ingolstadt surrounds.

6th Gear

Status
    car looks great!Not sure what else car been lowered? (or did i miss that in the thread) where you get the plates done to?

ashley

Neutral

Status
    what sort of mpg are you getting by the way? sorry its bit off topic
    A3 3.2 Quattro S-line

Audi Crazy

Status
    morning lads, i'm getting around 50+ mpg but thats because i normally have my 11 month old son with me, cautious safe driving lol. first week was a lot lower as i was racing it around a touch.

car not been lowered benskin07, ronburgandy, i'm hoping to get the splitter on next week sometime, will post up the pics asap.

thanks for the comments lads.

ps plates from e-bay, i offered 25 and he knocked it back after me waiting for ages, got them for 27.50 delivered. surrounds were also e-bay. If anyone needs exact seller name pm for details.
    Last edited by alzo999; 26th September 2008 at 08:19.

Boydie
    In my opinion, you should not have put the s-line badge on the rear. its not factory and you should already have 3 badges on the outside of the car anyway

The car looks good and the cupra splitter will look well on it but you will have to lower it slightly to pull it off

What I would do next is.....

Facelift rear lights
    Optics front grill
    Lower

Job done!!! The wheels are a very common wheel for the A3 but looks great when lowered

You can go a step further with the mods and de-wiper the rear window which looks good!

As far from JBS as possible !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydie View Post

You can go a step further with the mods and de-wiper the rear window which looks good!
    Maybe to you but i woold rather be able to look out the back window. Cheap budget cars are sold without rear wipers to save money...
    06 Audi 2.0 PD140 Sport TDI Quattro S-LINE.
    Old engine 330 bhp @ flywheel 263 bhp @ wheel 490 lb torque. Audidriver write up HERE
    Now stripped and playing with an uprated Cryo treated engine fitted with bigger turbo,water/methanol,uprated injectors etc etc.Wanting 400 bhp and 500 lb torque.

Other car 500+ bhp MK4 Golf R32 turbo.

Low life livin' the high life.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by devonmikeyboy View Post
    Maybe to you but i woold rather be able to look out the back window. Cheap budget cars are sold without rear wipers to save money...
    My uncle's new Carrera 4S came spec'd without a rear wiper

Anyway the car looks really good mate, i like the laminex on the lights.

As for brake calipers i'd probably go for black, gunmetal or silver on a black car. Mine are going red this weekend but's it's Avus and a 2.0T so should just about pull it off without looking too aftermarket!
    On the subject of wheels.... The 18" RS6 just suit the S-Line perfectly. I put a 19" RS4 on mine just to see how it looked and they're just 'too much' in the flesh. I'd stick with the 18" RS6's and get some spacers (if you haven't already?). S3 wheels look great too but you've got S3 mirrors so you don't want it to end up looking like an S3 wannabe...
    A3 2.0T FSI Quattro S-Line, 3 Door, Avus Silver (special ed.)

For Sale:

S-Line gear knob, stick and gator.
    Full set of OEM wheel bolts (incl. locking nuts & caps)
    19" BBS CK's Anthracite - SOLD

Audi Crazy

Status
    PNH80-BOYDIE cheers for the comments, i cant argue with the whole s-line badge thing, just one of those trial and error mods. Last thing i want is to make it like an S3, I dont really like that "trying to be something else" look. will probably end up with the rear debadged totally.

the laminex makes the car look first class from the front (pics dont do it justice) I had a guy stop outside and ask about it!! if anyone is in doubt about getting it....dont it is awesome looking.

few questions for the clever guys,

Audi for the blacked out grille?

spacers, where how much and fitting?

Thanks for all your comments, much appreciated.
    Last edited by alzo999; 26th September 2008 at 10:42.

Status
    Spacers, you fit yourself. Just take the wheel off, put the spacer onto the hub and bolt the wheel back on! You'll need longer bolts though, length all depending on width of spacer. Most spacer kits come with the standard longer bolts but you'll have to buy the locking bolts separately. You'll be looking at a shade under 100 for a pair of H&R or Eibach Pro spacers with bolts.

Edit: For the grille.... German sellers on Ebay are the way forward. You could fit this yourself but it's a ball ache. There are some great guides on this site but i'd let a pro do it for a small sum if you're not technically minded (bumper has to come off and lights disconnected)

For Sale:

Audi Crazy

Status
    pro it is then PNH, I'm just the guy who breaks things trying to do it myself!! will keep on the lookout for the black grille. really wanting that next.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydie View Post
    In my opinion, you should not have put the s-line badge on the rear. its not factory and you should already have 3 badges on the outside of the car anyway
    Not Factory - Why does it have to be?

Status
    alzo999... See the current thread on here by Damien at DPM. Send him a PM about H&R spacers. They're very competitive price wise and he knows his onions.

For Sale:

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by alzo999 View Post
    morning lads, i'm getting around 50+ mpg but thats because i normally have my 11 month old son with me, cautious safe driving lol. first week was a lot lower as i was racing it around a touch.

car not been lowered benskin07, ronburgandy, i'm hoping to get the splitter on next week sometime, will post up the pics asap.

thanks for the comments lads.

ps plates from e-bay, i offered 25 and he knocked it back after me waiting for ages, got them for 27.50 delivered. surrounds were also e-bay. If anyone needs exact seller name pm for details.

Thanks for that pm you now.
    And i agree on black grill black cars look really good when the fronts blacked out and the rings are the only thing standing out

Audi Crazy

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PNH80 View Post
    alzo999... See the current thread on here by Damien at DPM. Send him a PM about H&R spacers. They're very competitive price wise and he knows his onions.
    will send im a pm just now, cheers again.