Neuspeed Carbon fibre engine cover installed.

Rabbit222

Reaction score
Website
www.vwclub.co.za
So after 2 months of waiting, my Neuspeed engine cover finally arrived. It was/is a bit of a costly mod but it definitely beats looking at my naked engine bay. The kit comprises of the cover and an aluminium standoff which allows the cover to fit without getting near the intake pipe. I'm quite chaffed by how it looks...Next will be to slap a S3 badge as well as the four rings onto the cover to give it some individuality.

Apologies for the poor quality of the images...

DSC00780.jpg

DSC00775.jpg

DSC00778.jpg

DSC00776.jpg

DSC00777.jpg

MyS37.jpg

Very nice - you should set some Audi rings on it??? Maybe

Cleans up the engine bay no end, looks much better. Worth every penny if you ask me!

Rabbit - does it fit onto the four OEM rubber plugs or did it come with additional brackets for fitting ?
Looks neat and tidy that but if it fits onto those rubber plugs I'd be worried about breaking it if/when I had to yank the engine cover off at some stage.

Rabbit - does it fit onto the four OEM rubber plugs or did it come with additional brackets for fitting ?
Looks neat and tidy that but if it fits onto those rubber plugs I'd be worried about breaking it if/when I had to yank the engine cover off at some stage.

Hey Iggu!

It utilises 3 of them :)

Stand in front of your engine bay, look at the front 2 mounts and then look at the 2 mounts where your heat shield fits on. Ok, the rear mounts,only the right hand side one is utilised. You need to remove the OEM mount and then screw the Neuspeed aluminium standoff in(about the size of a Pen). The standoff has thread on the top of it for you to be able to screw the OEM mount back in. What this in essence is doing is just lifting the rear section of the engine cover up so that there is clearance between the intake and cover. The left OEM mount is there to hold you heat shield in place....what I would recommend is that before you fit the OEM mount back onto the standoff. Spray the OEM rubber plugs with some Q20 (lube) and then slide it down the stand off to its original position. Then fit your heat shield utilising the rubber plugs. Because they are lubed it fits in quite easily:lmfao:

Ok, once this is done the engine cover is ready to be installed. Spray some Q20 onto the rubber mounts,lube them nicely and plug them into your engine cover. They fit effortlessly. Now take your cover and align them on the mounts...because of the lube, they just slide into place. Much more easier fitting this piece of kit then the OEM engine cover.

Hey Iggu!

It utilises 3 of them :)

Stand in front of your engine bay, look at the front 2 mounts and then look at the 2 mounts where your heat shield fits on. Ok, the rear mounts,only the right hand side one is utilised. You need to remove the OEM mount and then screw the Neuspeed aluminium standoff in(about the size of a Pen). The standoff has thread on the top of it for you to be able to screw the OEM mount back in. What this in essence is doing is just lifting the rear section of the engine cover up so that there is clearance between the intake and cover. The left OEM mount is there to hold you heat shield in place....what I would recommend is that before you fit the OEM mount back onto the standoff. Spray the OEM rubber plugs with some Q20 (lube) and then slide it down the stand off to its original position. Then fit your heat shield utilising the rubber plugs. Because they are lubed it fits in quite easily:lmfao:

Ok, once this is done the engine cover is ready to be installed. Spray some Q20 onto the rubber mounts,lube them nicely and plug them into your engine cover. They fit effortlessly. Now take your cover and align them on the mounts...because of the lube, they just slide into place. Much more easier fitting this piece of kit then the OEM engine cover.

Very helpful - as always. Thanks mate.

TBH...when i first saw the pics,i wasn't that impressed,maybe it was just a bad photo...

...now? Pure sex mate,the rings and badge totally make it,and i want one,damn you!!

:drool:

hmmm...i think i'll get one,it'll go with the R8 oil cap i already have!

Are there any other Neuspeed dealers in the UK,other than Awesome? A quick search couldn't find one...i was hoping to get one cheaper....

...darn,that exhaust upgrade will have to wait!

I am a lover of Carbon fibre! That first pic looks lovely but with the added badge and adui rings it looks the dogs... or the rabbits I guess in your case :)

just saw this now.
its looking good rabbit, the rings and badge
are just the right touch without being over the top.

well done:applaus:

My word, but that is a thing of beauty!

So after 2 months of waiting, my Neuspeed engine cover finally arrived. It was/is a bit of a costly mod but it definitely beats looking at my naked engine bay. The kit comprises of the cover and an aluminium standoff which allows the cover to fit without getting near the intake pipe. I'm quite chaffed by how it looks...Next will be to slap a S3 badge as well as the four rings onto the cover to give it some individuality.

Apologies for the poor quality of the images...

DSC00780.jpg

DSC00775.jpg

hey, just wondering where you got the air intake pipe that runs from the filter round the back of the engine?

cheers