Volks AutosAH Fabrications

Thread: DRL's

Dealing with an OCD

Status

DRL's

Does anyone know what fitting the DRL is on an S3, i've just tried to order a set through powerbulbs.com,and the guy couldn't help,without a part number or fitting type. He was very helpful with the other bulbs i ordered!

I missed the group buy on here,(couldn't find the PIAA part numbers that are listed in the group buy,on PIAA's site,or PRI Racings),so went to powerbulbs and ordered indicator lights with side lights thrown in! (without the fried egg look) 13.55 all in,if i remember correctly!

S3 Brilliant Red - 340bhp

Custom Code Phase 2 + PSS, Autotech pump, Hybrid Forge/ITG Maxogen CAI /Reflactagold, Sprint Booster, Forge Quickshift, Forge DV, Denso Iridium sparks, PCV mod/oil catch can, R8 oil filler cap, Sachs performance clutch,Exhausts UK custom stainless TBE, Braille no-weight battery,PIAA mirror white DRL's,exterior + interior leds, AndyMac's Sub upgrade, H&R springs, VMR VB3 18x8.5 gunmetal alloys wearing BF Goodrich G-force 235/40

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    if anyone is looking for just the sides they may be able to sell you their DRLs from the PIAA group buy.

Dealing with an OCD

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcQuinlivan View Post
    if anyone is looking for just the sides they may be able to sell you their DRLs from the PIAA group buy.
    Any takers?

Custom Code Phase 2 + PSS, Autotech pump, Hybrid Forge/ITG Maxogen CAI /Reflactagold, Sprint Booster, Forge Quickshift, Forge DV, Denso Iridium sparks, PCV mod/oil catch can, R8 oil filler cap, Sachs performance clutch,Exhausts UK custom stainless TBE, Braille no-weight battery,PIAA mirror white DRL's,exterior + interior leds, AndyMac's Sub upgrade, H&R springs, VMR VB3 18x8.5 gunmetal alloys wearing BF Goodrich G-force 235/40

3rd Gear

Status
    You may get more luck posting on the Group Buy thread here. The DRL bulbs are not on general release yet - the group buy had first dibs on the bulbs.

I'll find out how many sets of bulbs are left next week, so you may be able to grab a set if no-one is able to offer you their set of DRLs from the combined order.
    Jon

Now A3 less......

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast,not furious View Post
    Does anyone know what fitting the DRL is on an S3, i've just tried to order a set through powerbulbs.com,and the guy couldn't help,without a part number or fitting type. He was very helpful with the other bulbs i ordered!

I missed the group buy on here,(couldn't find the PIAA part numbers that are listed in the group buy,on PIAA's site,or PRI Racings),so went to powerbulbs and ordered indicator lights with side lights thrown in! (without the fried egg look) 13.55 all in,if i remember correctly!
    I changed the DRL and side lights for a 'crisper & whiter' white. However, this had a slight blue tinge which remains evident. Search the forum for previous threads on this - it'll show DIY pictures. I've since purchased the new DRL & sides (from group buy)

I currently have PIAA bulbs fitted (NB bulbs have blue tinge!)
    DRL - PIAA S25 H227 12V 27W
    Side - PIAA H222 12V 5W
    Ordered online from PIAA UK (think I spoke to Phil who's very very helpful)

Not sure if this helps with your initial query

Dealing with an OCD

Status
    Ok guys,i'll leave it 'til next week then,if anyone's got a set of the new DRL's they don't want let me know how much you want for them,if not,i'll order some direct from PIAA.

Update! I've been in touch with PRI Racing,and they've kindly included me in the group buy. Top result!

Thanks Naveed!
    Last edited by Fast,not furious; 25th September 2008 at 16:06. Reason: Update!