Chris NottVolks Autos
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Administrator

Status

THE RECENT STOLEN CAR THREAD

OK Folks, I know this is going to disappoint a lot of you, but after having followed this thread as it developed, I'm afraid it has now been locked and moved.

One member remarked:

This is my all time number one favourite thread.
    Its got everything:

- theft
    - deception
    - suspicion
    - humour
    - bigotry
    - lies
    - sympathy
    - missing persons
    - gangsters

Now it just needs a murder. Can someone sort me out with a good murder on here before my tea ?
    I have to say that it does have some (if not, all) of those things; however key things I would note might be:

- Tonnes of waffle/spam
    - Needless arguing (and in cases not even disguised as debate)
    - Foul language
    - Possible publication of private information
    - Character assassination (of numerous people)
    - Bigotry / Racism (of course this is debatable - BUT THAT WILL NOT TAKE PLACE HERE)

All good enough reasons by themselves to consider locking the thread, and combined are more than enough reason to lock it and shift it; and now even more so that the actual topic had become extremely diluted, with no likely resolution.

I appreciate that the majority of members were perfectly well behaved in this thread, and at the same time I also appreciate the majority were either:

a) simply trying to help
    b) wanting to get to the bottom of any of the thread's numerous mysteries
    C) just taking part in the entertainment of it all - I would agree that for the most part it was a good read

However I have to say that some of the discussion fell a little below par, and to be completely blunt about it, I was heartily disappointed in the content of a handful of posts. I'm not going to quote those things, even to those who posted them - but I will just say that I sincerely hope not to read similar again. More direct action will be taken if that eventuality arises.

Once again, apologies to all those who were well behaved and enjoying the thread, but I hope you can understand the decision...

Regards,

Rob

PS> Don't worry, Fish Cakes aren't on the hitlist for now

PPS>
    Quote Originally Posted by mitch78 View Post
    Sorry Jamie, that bit was just a joke. I know you can do a search and quickly get all 5 posts. I just liked the image of a mod searching franticly through all the posts!
    - Honestly, I'd been reading all along fella, but it's good to know that a) there is a mischievous side of you that would like to see us panicking, and b) you don't think we're bright enough to use the search function
    Last edited by FactionOne; 24th September 2008 at 02:09.

2. # ADS
    ADS

L60N
    Bah, i went to bed to early and missed the final posts

Seriously now, what am I going to do for the rest of the day?

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by L60N View Post
    Seriously now, what am I going to do for the rest of the day?
    fancy making some fishcakes?
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/da...kes_1915.shtml

S3 (8P)

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcQuinlivan View Post
    Keep the faith

Boydie
    Or fausages if you listened to Radio 1 the other morning

L60N
    Thai Fishcakes no less:

jamiekip
    Thai Fishcakes no less:

Thank you faction one for sparing the fishcakes - I appreciate.
    Thank you Leon for the pic - I'm off to M&S to buy some for dinner!

6th Gear

Status
    Oh bugger.....

Im depressed now its gone, I got up especially to see what was going on.

Back to bed for me now......
    NOW - Audi S3 Facelift - Sprint Blue, RNS-E Sat Nav, SDS, Bluetooth Phone Prep, Bose, Cruise, Buckets, FBMFSW, Adaptive Lights, Int Light Pack, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Piano Black Inserts, Through Load, Auto Dim RV Mirror/Wing, Auto Wipers/Lights, Folding Door Mirrors, Heated Seats, Ipod Dock, Front Arm Rest, Rear/Front Parking Sensors, 1st Aid Kit, Rear Arm Rest, H + R Springs, Front 15mm Spacers, Rear 10mm Spacers.

6th Gear

Status
    Bah, i went to bed to early and missed the final posts
    You didn't miss much. Apart from the fishcakes!

6th Gear

Status
    25 members and 9 guests reading this thread right now, Mmmmmmm.....

Low life livin' the high life.

Status
    Ah well....It's a fair cop gov' although it was a very dodgy thread from square one! To be honest though i still don't think there was anythin particularly controvercial or offensive written in that thread. We're all adults with a sense of humour i'd hope.

Anyway, my strimmer was taken from my back garden at approximately 6pm...Apparently the local plant hire place has got one VERY similar. Word on the street is that it's actually mine which they bought off pikeys for 50. This has been confirmed by an off-duty copper who forgot to tell anyone. Calls for vigilante justice i think....
    A3 2.0T FSI Quattro S-Line, 3 Door, Avus Silver (special ed.)

For Sale:

S-Line gear knob, stick and gator.
    Full set of OEM wheel bolts (incl. locking nuts & caps)
    19" BBS CK's Anthracite - SOLD

6th Gear

Status
    Heeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeee we gooooooooooooooooo!!!

Hope the thread is stored away nicely like the ark of the covenant in raiders of the lost ark at then end in case its required in any legal proceedings later.....
    NOW - Audi S3 Facelift - Sprint Blue, RNS-E Sat Nav, SDS, Bluetooth Phone Prep, Bose, Cruise, Buckets, FBMFSW, Adaptive Lights, Int Light Pack, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Piano Black Inserts, Through Load, Auto Dim RV Mirror/Wing, Auto Wipers/Lights, Folding Door Mirrors, Heated Seats, Ipod Dock, Front Arm Rest, Rear/Front Parking Sensors, 1st Aid Kit, Rear Arm Rest, H + R Springs, Front 15mm Spacers, Rear 10mm Spacers.

6th Gear

Status
    Was it seen trimming borders at high speed?

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PNH80 View Post
    Ah well....It's a fair cop gov' although it was a very dodgy thread from square one! To be honest though i still don't think there was anythin particularly controvercial or offensive written in that thread. We're all adults with a sense of humour i'd hope.

Anyway, my strimmer was taken from my back garden at approximately 6pm...Apparently the local plant hire place has got one VERY similar. Word on the street is that it's actually mine which they bought off pikeys for 50. This has been confirmed by an off-duty copper who forgot to tell anyone. Calls for vigilante justice i think....
    Hey someone told me it was seen strimming a local lawn at 180mph as it was captured on Dobbies garden centre ANPR cameras....

2008 Phantom Black S3

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnS3 View Post
    Was it seen trimming borders at high speed?
    hahahaaaaa quality!!!!

S3 LTN
    Missed out last threads!! Bummer!

Now when FactionOne said its been locked and MOVED... does he mean moved but can still have a look or just Removed completely??

Status
    180 doesn't suprise me, it was heavily modified complete with blow off valve, carbon intake and lowered blades. I'd had 175mph out of it on my own borders...

Please contact Professor Hussain on 07869 2907584 if you have any possible leads to it's wherabouts guys.

Luckily my state of the art laptop, iphone and camera which were laid next to the strimmer remained untouched....Phew.

For Sale:

L60N
    I know who stole it Dave, i'd advise you to forget about your strimmer if you value your toes...
    Last edited by L60N; 24th September 2008 at 10:43.

6th Gear

Status
    you guys are cruel!

But slightly amusing too!! !:-)

jamiekip
    You lot have just made my day - just got out of meeting where i was merrily dreaming away about getting justice and of course Thai Fishcakes - and I get out to this.
    AWESOME!

I've posted on a few forums regarding the stolen strimmer - really sorry to hear about the news:

Posts can be found here:

www.trim-my-bush.co.uk
    www.designer-bush.com

Anyone called the plod to see if it's a fake?

PS - anyone clicking on those links do so at there own risk (shhhsssh, I actually made them up!!!)

L60N
    I think it may be far too late for said strimmer, its probably been stripped down and shipped out by now...

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jamiekip View Post
    PS - anyone clicking on those links do so at there own risk (shhhsssh, I actually made them up!!!)
    Dam.... I was saving those for when I got home!

Meteor S3, APR Stage 3, APR HPFP, Milltek TBE, LOBA/Sach's Clutch, Bilstein PSS10's, H&R ARB, Gen4 Haldex PP, EVOM's DV & CAI, Forge TB with Pro-Alloy IC, BBS CK 19" My S3

S3 (8P)

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PNH80 View Post

Forget the strimmer mate, it will be in Cyprus by now.
    Cyprus strim on the same side as us so the strimmer black market is huge out there.
    Donald MacIntyre said so....
    My mate had a really nice one (BOSCH with a fully adjustable head),he was one of the lucky few who got his back, although the handle had faded a bit.

Good luck
    Paul

4th Gear

Status
    lol @ trim my bush hahahaha
    MTM THE ULTIMATE STAGE!

Status
    Well as i'm now feeling intimidated by the local plant hire mafia i'll retract everything i've said along with personal details, details of events and libel comments and pretend this never happened.

What strimmer? what theft? Nah guv' dunno what you're talkin about...

EDIT: Wouldn't want it back anyway, it'll just feel 'dirty' after trimming some one elses bush for the last couple of weeks.

For Sale:

6th Gear

Status
    I know who stole it Dave, i'd advise you to forget about your strimmer if you value your toes...
    Apparently he has already lost them as his strimmer was so fast and dangerous.......

6th Gear

Status
    Neither of those sites are valid - I know - but as the internal Internet Police here at the office - I had to try them to see if they need to be added to our banned sites

Well that is my story and I'm sticking to it.

Paul
    2011 (MY12) Skoda Octavia II FL VRS Manual Hatch 2.0Tsi in Race Blue.
    Gone not forgotten -
    2005 Black A3 (8P1) S-Line 2.0TDi DSG. Eibach Pro Springs, Koni FSD shocks and a few bling bits inside.
    Revo 99 GTi Turbo, too much to list mod wise.
    92 Golf Gti Mark 2 16V.

VCDS HEX-USB+CAN

S3 (8P)

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Gti Jazz Blue View Post
    Neither of those sites are valid - I know - but as the internal Internet Police here at the office - I had to try them to see if they need to be added to our banned sites

Well that is my story and I'm sticking to it.

Paul
    this is the one you want

ovguide.com

6th Gear

Status
    ***********URGENT*******************

I have exclusive evidence of the thief commiting the crime, can anyone identify???

6th Gear

Status
    Looks like a bit like a gypsy!! LOL

6th Gear

Status
    ...er sorry, I mean person of Romany persuasion....

Defo worth the wait :)

Status
    This thread is STRIMENDOUS!!! i'll get my coat

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3 LTN View Post
    Missed out last threads!! Bummer!

Now when FactionOne said its been locked and MOVED... does he mean moved but can still have a look or just Removed completely??
    nah it looks to be locked so it can't be viewed.

here are the last few posts:

Quote Originally Posted by JamS3
    Nice one mate.
    I'll say again Ive nothing against the lad and yes I do feel for him but it just the way the story went and the lack of questions (which were asked to help him) answered that has everyone wondering.
    I really hope everything works out for him and I will be the first to apologise if he comes on here and makes me eat humble pie
    Quote Originally Posted by jamiekip
    I'll be next in line as I 100% agree
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcQuinlivan
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcQuinlivan
    shall we all form an orderly queue behind Jam then?

6th Gear

Status
    I believe this guy may have been involved in the strimmer theft...

6th Gear

Status
    just found some cctv footage from a nearby garden:

6th Gear

Status
    There was more posts after those Marc, one being a revelation and a possible clue!!

6th Gear

Status
    just found some cctv footage from a nearby garden:

Nah its not the man in the picture, the cctv footage person has a smaller arse

6th Gear

Status

clearly no respect for authority.

He's probly on benefits too.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by JamS3 View Post
    There was more posts after those Marc, one being a revelation and a possible clue!!
    oooh.... do tell!

they were the last ones i got an email notification for so I assumed it was closed shortly afterwards.

L60N

He was just a pawn in the the grand scheme of things mate, have you not seen msn news today? His body was found on Emsley moor:

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast