THE RECENT STOLEN CAR THREAD

FactionOne

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
OK Folks, I know this is going to disappoint a lot of you, but after having followed this thread as it developed, I'm afraid it has now been locked and moved.

One member remarked:

This is my all time number one favourite thread.
Its got everything:

- theft
- deception
- suspicion
- humour
- bigotry
- lies
- sympathy
- missing persons
- gangsters

Now it just needs a murder. Can someone sort me out with a good murder on here before my tea ?

I have to say that it does have some (if not, all) of those things; however key things I would note might be:

- Tonnes of waffle/spam
- Needless arguing (and in cases not even disguised as debate)
- Foul language
- Possible publication of private information
- Character assassination (of numerous people)
- Bigotry / Racism (of course this is debatable - BUT THAT WILL NOT TAKE PLACE HERE)

All good enough reasons by themselves to consider locking the thread, and combined are more than enough reason to lock it and shift it; and now even more so that the actual topic had become extremely diluted, with no likely resolution.

I appreciate that the majority of members were perfectly well behaved in this thread, and at the same time I also appreciate the majority were either:

a) simply trying to help
b) wanting to get to the bottom of any of the thread's numerous mysteries
C) just taking part in the entertainment of it all - I would agree that for the most part it was a good read

However I have to say that some of the discussion fell a little below par, and to be completely blunt about it, I was heartily disappointed in the content of a handful of posts. I'm not going to quote those things, even to those who posted them - but I will just say that I sincerely hope not to read similar again. More direct action will be taken if that eventuality arises.

Once again, apologies to all those who were well behaved and enjoying the thread, but I hope you can understand the decision...

Regards,

Rob

PS> Don't worry, Fish Cakes aren't on the hitlist for now

PPS>
Sorry Jamie, that bit was just a joke. I know you can do a search and quickly get all 5 posts. I just liked the image of a mod searching franticly through all the posts! :scared2::readit:
- Honestly, I'd been reading all along fella, but it's good to know that a) there is a mischievous side of you that would like to see us panicking, and b) you don't think we're bright enough to use the search function ;) :lmfao: :)

Bah, i went to bed to early and missed the final posts :crying:

Seriously now, what am I going to do for the rest of the day? :huh:

Thai Fishcakes no less:

Foolproof_fish_cakes.jpg

Oh ******.....

Im depressed now its gone, I got up especially to see what was going on.

Back to bed for me now......

25 members and 9 guests reading this thread right now, Mmmmmmm.....

Ah well....It's a fair cop gov' although it was a very dodgy thread from square one! To be honest though i still don't think there was anythin particularly controvercial or offensive written in that thread. We're all adults with a sense of humour i'd hope.

Anyway, my strimmer was taken from my back garden at approximately 6pm...Apparently the local plant hire place has got one VERY similar. Word on the street is that it's actually mine which they bought off pikeys for £50. This has been confirmed by an off-duty copper who forgot to tell anyone. Calls for vigilante justice i think....

Heeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeee we gooooooooooooooooo!!!

Hope the thread is stored away nicely like the ark of the covenant in raiders of the lost ark at then end in case its required in any legal proceedings later.....

Ah well....It's a fair cop gov' although it was a very dodgy thread from square one! To be honest though i still don't think there was anythin particularly controvercial or offensive written in that thread. We're all adults with a sense of humour i'd hope.

Anyway, my strimmer was taken from my back garden at approximately 6pm...Apparently the local plant hire place has got one VERY similar. Word on the street is that it's actually mine which they bought off pikeys for £50. This has been confirmed by an off-duty copper who forgot to tell anyone. Calls for vigilante justice i think....

Hey someone told me it was seen strimming a local lawn at 180mph as it was captured on Dobbies garden centre ANPR cameras....

Missed out last threads!! Bummer! :sob:

Now when FactionOne said its been locked and MOVED... does he mean moved but can still have a look or just Removed completely?? :shrug:

180 doesn't suprise me, it was heavily modified complete with blow off valve, carbon intake and lowered blades. I'd had 175mph out of it on my own borders...

Please contact Professor Hussain on 07869 2907584 if you have any possible leads to it's wherabouts guys.

Luckily my state of the art laptop, iphone and camera which were laid next to the strimmer remained untouched....Phew.

I know who stole it Dave, i'd advise you to forget about your strimmer if you value your toes...

you guys are cruel!

But slightly amusing too!! !:)

You lot have just made my day - just got out of meeting where i was merrily dreaming away about getting justice and of course Thai Fishcakes - and I get out to this.
AWESOME!

I've posted on a few forums regarding the stolen strimmer - really sorry to hear about the news:

Posts can be found here:

www.trim-my-bush.co.uk
www.designer-bush.com

Anyone called the plod to see if it's a fake?

PS - anyone clicking on those links do so at there own risk (shhhsssh, I actually made them up!!!) :p

I think it may be far too late for said strimmer, its probably been stripped down and shipped out by now...

Forget the strimmer mate, it will be in Cyprus by now.
Cyprus strim on the same side as us so the strimmer black market is huge out there.
Donald MacIntyre said so....
My mate had a really nice one (BOSCH with a fully adjustable head),he was one of the lucky few who got his back, although the handle had faded a bit.

Good luck
Paul

lol @ trim my bush hahahaha

Well as i'm now feeling intimidated by the local plant hire mafia i'll retract everything i've said along with personal details, details of events and libel comments and pretend this never happened.

What strimmer? what theft? Nah guv' dunno what you're talkin about...

EDIT: Wouldn't want it back anyway, it'll just feel 'dirty' after trimming some one elses bush for the last couple of weeks.

Neither of those sites are valid - I know - but as the internal Internet Police here at the office - I had to try them to see if they need to be added to our banned sites :no:

Well that is my story and I'm sticking to it.

Paul

Neither of those sites are valid - I know - but as the internal Internet Police here at the office - I had to try them to see if they need to be added to our banned sites :no:

Well that is my story and I'm sticking to it.

Paul

this is the one you want

ovguide.com:icon_thumright:

***********URGENT*******************

I have exclusive evidence of the thief commiting the crime, can anyone identify???

strimmer.jpg

Looks like a bit like a gypsy!! LOL

...er sorry, I mean person of Romany persuasion....

This thread is STRIMENDOUS!!! i'll get my coat :tumble:

Missed out last threads!! Bummer! :sob:

Now when FactionOne said its been locked and MOVED... does he mean moved but can still have a look or just Removed completely?? :shrug:
nah it looks to be locked so it can't be viewed.

here are the last few posts:

JamS3 said:
Nice one mate.
I'll say again Ive nothing against the lad and yes I do feel for him but it just the way the story went and the lack of questions (which were asked to help him) answered that has everyone wondering.
I really hope everything works out for him and I will be the first to apologise if he comes on here and makes me eat humble pie

jamiekip said:
I'll be next in line as I 100% agree

MarcQuinlivan said:

MarcQuinlivan said:
shall we all form an orderly queue behind Jam then?

There was more posts after those Marc, one being a revelation and a possible clue!!