New (yes more) plans for the car..

jonnyc

Reaction score
Hey all..

Some people are into that teaser thread stuff but I'd rather talk about it, cant help myself!! lol..

Anyways planning on changing the wheels, and with it the style of the car really, going for more of a 'euro' look with these..

n567595710_2725463_3467.jpg

Look pretty nice wheels, managed to source a set of 4 front wheels so fitment shouldnt be TOO much of a pain, the offset is pretty low so I may have to play around with the arches a bit more!

Anyways so that I can run these wheels im going to have to go super low so I have arranged a coilover kit from H&R that should give me the lowering capabilities that im after..

As a result im selling the Speedlines and the KW V1's..

The coilovers have been on the car for only a couple of thousand miles, obviously they are in perfect condition.. Really pleased with them, only reason for changing is that they dont go low enough for what im after..

This is how low they go.. (pretty low I know.. but im going a bit extreme this time)

IMG_5434.jpg

Wheels are in perfect condition, powdercoated black with brand new Yokohama Parada Spec 2's (225/40/18)..

IMG_5420.jpg

IMG_5474.jpg

Available with or without white lip..

(See sig for details on parts for sale)

On top of that..

Im planning on playing around with the front grille again as I have just noticed a huge chip out of the surround, must be from a stone!!

Possibly experiment with different colour wing mirrors and Front&Rear diffusers.. Go with a very subtle tint on the front two windows, just to blend in the super dark Audi option rears and finally some fancy 6500k PIAA D2S HID's and 6500k LED sidelight bulbs..

So its going to look fairly different really, hopefully all done in time for the Audi-Driver event on the 11th October!!

Jonny :)

Those wheels are ÜBER cool...loving them!!! Seen a guy who painted the rim in gun metal and left the "ninja star" unpainted... looked A-OK

****** hell Jonny!
You don't mess around do you...

What are those rims originally off???
You getting the ARB's done too?

Respect on the next wave of mod's :beerchug:

I forgot to ask - does that mean leon has taken your old rims??

Not a big fan of them to be honest. How much do they weigh?

They are cooooool!:hubbahubba:
How big are they though Jonny? Wont they upset the handling at all with all that power? Or will the coilies sort that anyways???

****** hell Jonny!
You don't mess around do you...

What are those rims originally off???
You getting the ARB's done too?

Respect on the next wave of mod's :beerchug:

They are originally off the SL500 Merc..

Na not going to bother with the bars, it will only make me drive it faster anyways lol..

And no he's getting some boring CH's instead :rolleyes::whistle2: lol..

Not a big fan of them to be honest. How much do they weigh?

Not many people will be I dont think, its not going to suit all tastes..

I would imagine about 54kg's each being OEM Mercedes..

They are cooooool!:hubbahubba:
How big are they though Jonny? Wont they upset the handling at all with all that power?:cool:

They are 18's..

Wow-they look bigger in the pic, didnt think you would go for a mahoosive wheel due to the handling issues with them.:icon_thumright:

Heres some pics..

On a sportback (should look a bit better on a white car imo)

DSC_0002-1.jpg

DSC_0190.jpg

Photoshops on my car..

S3b-1.jpg

S3Photoshop-1.jpg

Jonny

U painting them ? i recon on the face have painted matt black then a gloss from the curve inwards : )

Dont think they suit being black..

002.jpg

I was considering having the faces polished but think ill just leave them OEM for now, see how they look and go from there..

Sorry mate, but IMO (and this is just my opinion) I really am not feeling those wheels. Just loved your motor mate, but at the end of the day it's what you like, so that's all that matters..;)
And as for adding a 100+kgs to your car..:sadlike: Are you mad? :think:

Lol there not really that heavy!! :)

Think they are 12kg's each so it will add roughly 10kg's to the overall weight of the car, decided im turning it into a pose machine now lol..

So running super low etc..

We'll see, ill probably change my mind in a few weeks and have them for sale ;)

Wtf is the point in a 400 odd bhp pose machine, you might as well have missed out that turbo mod.

Wtf is the point in a 400 odd bhp pose machine, you might as well have missed out that turbo mod.

Lol ok..

The cars performance will hardly be affected by the wheels, so its still going to go the same, just a fast pose machine.. if thats ok?

Aye that sounds better, just make sure it'll still eat uk b roads and you'll be ok.

They look far better on Jonny than in the first pics!

Think they will look good

Aye tbh i think they will looks good in the standard finish form the first pic against the white, i agree that they dont suit black.

just don't get this euro look thing. Must be getting old :sos:

Lol ok..

The cars performance will hardly be affected by the wheels, so its still going to go the same, just a fast pose machine.. if thats ok?

Lol

Not my cup of tea Jonny, I prefer the motorsport look rather than Sunset Boulevard. But each to their own and they aren't exactly ugly wheels.

Is the white edge on your current alloys painted on or tape. Either way how did you do this and get it looking that good?

They are the BBS CH limited edition wheel which come like that from factory - I think you can spec what colour you want them to be!

Boydie, no was referring to Jonny's current Speedlines. However it is the Black CH that I am ordering that I want a white line too. They come with a stainless steel lip as standard but wanted a more pronounced white line, and if I can I'd prefer to use tape so that it can be removed or colour changed. White to red etc. How easy is it to apply the tape in a perfect circle?