Fire Extinguisher

aristides

Reaction score
Hello all
Got one quick question for you all :)
I have my A3 SB for 2 months now and i still havent figured out where to place my Fire Extinguisher. Sadly i didnt add to the extras the "ablagepaket"

I really cant remember how it is written in english but with "ablagepaket"
i mean the package with the nets and pockets in the trunk,behind the front seats etc.
Under the passenger seat is the first aid kit which i dont want to move
So,
Any ideas? :unsure:

Seems to me like you have 2 options: Boot or glovebox.

Would suggest boot, glovebox is small enough as it is if you are wanting to put the 0.6Kg size in there.

Normally the little ones come with their own holding bracket and one or two screwholes in them for mounting. You could probably pull away the liner on the right side and attached it by fastening it with some wire or something. Left side normally has the sub there, right side the Bose if fitted but I dont think it takes up as much space.

Just remember to faster the fire extinguisher itself to the bracket with a little quick remove chain, they are great for holding it in one spot but not that great for support in a car when going around corners.

Seems to me like you have 2 options: Boot or glovebox.

Glovebox doesn`t fit.
I currently have the fire ext. in the boot but at every corner it rolls around making an annoying noise.
That`s why i made this question!!!
How could i "stabilise" it? :p

Well if you want it in there permanantly i'm not sure, but if its just for track days you can mount it using the seat bolt. Hard to explain but a guy here in australia makes the brackets.

PM me if you want some pics as its easy to copy....

In my Astra I fitted it in the drivers footwell - at right angles to the direction of travel, through the drivers footwell matt. The drivers seat slid all the way forwards and backwards without fouling the extinguisher and it was easily grabbed when needing to exit the car and use it - rather than running round to the boot.

On the A3 you can easily fit it 'under' the drivers seat so that it's easily reached without being visible.

Not sure about that. At least in aus i think all A3/S3's come with either a first aid kit or storage under the seats. I know it wont fit in my car.

get a bit of velco on it in the boot... like the oil carrier... no slidey slidey then. :)

I have storage draws under the seats too, but passenger one has first aid kit, drivers one is empty, so remove it and keep safe ready to put back when you sell.